Jump to content
OtakuBoards

I think this might've been done before, but......OtakuFound.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I was looking for zelda help and then I saw a link on ign.com and then all of a sudden my mouse moved my hand over to it and you know the rest. j/k. The first part was true though. I posted in the zelda forum, actually it got moved there, and then I've stayed ever since. This was my first ever message boards I even looked at. I've been here since version one. A lot of things have changed since then.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MechaOutlaw [/i]
[B]A few months back I was looking for an Outlaw Star site, and I found a great one. After seeing Shyguy's work on the V.2 OLS section, it inspired me to join....somehow. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Wow, I feel so honored. I can't believe that I inspired someone to do something. This is quite possibly the highlight of my internet life.

Oddly enough, that is exactly how I joined the boards as well. I was looking for some quality Digimon pictures, and for some reason I ended up at the otaku (the digi section was a mess before Ginny started running it). Soon after that I joined the boards, and over a year later I am still here.

-Shy[/color][/size]
Posted
I didn't really know about OB or the otaku at the time. I just searched for "gundam" and the absolute gundam page came up. After a while i was looking for a anime forums, and there it was. lol
Posted
[color=indigo]Once upon a time when theOtaku didn't exist I was searching for Pokémon cheats and I landed on the Pokécheat site (that was about 2 or 3 years ago). I didn't think much of it and kept revisiting for updates and stuff. After about a year it changed into theOtaku and some time later I saw the link for the forums and I just thought 'what the heck' and signed up. I think it was something like the end of v2. Then when v3 started I had to re-register so I lost all my post counts. So, believe it or not, I've been here for a while.:p Though I don't get much time on-line, that's why my post count is so low.[/color] :D
Posted
pokEcheat? wut?

okay then, i feel like such a nOOB now....

anyway, i think it's funny that sometimes people will have been registered for like, 2 years and they'll have, like, 50 posts..... heh... i dunno.... im tired...
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]Hey, I think I remember the Pokécheats website! I didn't know it was part of theOtaku, though...


--Mike[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[b]I remember when Adam posted something about that website he set up that got "cracked down" on, and he posted up for all to see....

I laughed hard, so hard..[/b]
Posted
I was looking for Digimon on google or yahoo and I came across the link to theotaku.com I told my firends about it and i kept going back. Then it was about a couple weeks later that i went the boards. I registered, posted once or twice and then it went the v5 upgrade. I really started to spend a lot more time here.
And thats where I am today. :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]Okay, I have the strange feeling that this has been done, but im not sure, so here it is.

I've always been curious as to how we all found otakuboards, artist.theotaku, and theotaku in general. I really want to know how you found it, cause now there's about 3500 users and stuff....

I was searching for YYH, I think, and on about the 5th page of the google search, it had something from a request for a YYH forum. I clicked in, and signed up. I thought that it was stupid of me to sign up, cause my computer kept freezing and i redid it a few time. Thought it was a waste of time. Then i strolled on in and found myself in HEAVEN.:D :D I love this place even more, and i keep remembering when i had 7 posts, and 18 posts, and looking at Aries and Vegitto4 and Mist like "WOW! Look at all those posts!!!!". Well, it's been about 2 months, almost the entirety of one of them the infamous "OtakuDown". I'm so happy i found this place!!!! *sob*......I.....I....:bawl: :bawl: :toothy: :therock: [/B][/QUOTE]


I found it via theotaku.com which I found through search engine. Wow I can't believe I still remember it...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]yeah, i bet we'll all, in the end, forget how we got here and just mindlessly drone on with our posting etc.... or not... [/B][/QUOTE]
[b][color=teal][size=1]I remember how I got here, but I [i]still[/i] mindlessly post... :stupid:

Look, I'm doing it right now!!! :drunk:


--Mike[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
as am i, you're not alone...

anyway, i think that sometimes you register here for one purpose, and then find yourself into other things. like, i came here for anime and used to spend all my time in the anime lounge, but i use the liuge and gaming and art etc. more and more....
Posted
[b][color=teal][size=1]I only came here for the Pokémon forum. But after Pokémon got lame, I wandered into other forums, and here I am, posting mainly in general discussion, because I'm not really an anime kind of person.


Char![/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]I was searching for some Zelda art, I think, and, for some reason, I saw the title "Pika Dance" on the list of sites that came up on Yahoo. I was curious, so I clicked the link, and was brought to a page full of animated Pikachu gifs, with the Pikachu chant from the cartoon playing in the background. (At this point, I actually just sort of sat and stared for a couple minutes). I bookmarked the page, and went on with my search. A few days later, I decided to see what site had the Pika Dance on it, because I was bored, so I took off everything in the url besides "http://www.theotaku.com" and went there. I looked around, though since I wasn't really into anime at that time (I still don't watch all that much now, though I always mean to borrow some from my brother), I just skimmed over the Pokémon section and then left.

Well, as luck would have it, the message board that I was going to at that time suddenly stopped working for me about a week after I found theOtaku (stupid piece of crap PC, lol), so I went searching for a new board. I looked around, couldn't find one I liked, and then I remembered theOtaku, which I had bookmarked. I thought "Hey, maybe they have a board," so I went to the site, looked down the list, and I saw the word "Forums." I clicked the link, and there I was at OtakuBoards. After looking around for a day or two, I signed up, and I've been here ever since. Sept. 6 marked my one year anniversary, actually.

So, yeah. It all started with the Pika Dance, lol. :twitch:[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...