OtakuBoards

ssj3 enough?

zidane11

Well, SSJ3 is strong, but Buu can always reach into his endless supply of energy. SSJ3 Goku could have beaten Buu, but the chances were very slim. (Not even the SSJ3 Fusion, Gotenks, can beat Buu...)

Goku just stalls long enough for Trunks to get the Dragon Radar and leave, then uses Instant Transmission to escape Buu.

[color=indigo]Well it's more effective than a Super Saiya-jin level 2. The fusion ups the power, then the Super Saiya-jin 3 level brings that even higher. It doesn't really matter if it takes a good toll on Buu.. with a villian like him, they know they have to take what they can get. From a clip I watched one time of SSJ3 Kakarot against Buu.. it seemed to be rather effective. Buu was taking most of the beating.[/color]

buu takes a wicked beating, but, kakarot has to run once he realizes he cant do it. bottom line is that ss3 isnt enough.
really what this makes me think about is veggito and the level hes at. If hes stronger than ss3, obviously, then why wouldnt that be level 4? I know some hardcore fanboys are gonna get on me for that but just look at it from the stance that dbgt doesnt exist. Then veggito could be a un-named ss4.
just a thought.

[b]On the dubbed version (I think England are ahead of America) Buu takes an incredible beating from SSJ3 Goku, but he later explains SSJ3 is incredibly hard to keep up on Earth, compared to Other World, and he says he would need time to get used it, time he doesn't have.

Goku ends up leaving Earth early due to the amount of energy he used up during the fight. I think that he goes SSJ3 again fighting Buu on Supreme Kai's planet, although I may be wrong (from what I saw it was Supreme Kai's planet).[/b]

Guest QuickSilver
the Elite DBZ is right, i am from the UK and we are past there. Goku SSJ3 beats him up but because of Buu's ability to not feel pain its useless.

**possible spoiler**

Goku fights Buu later on when the old Kai takes his life and gives it to Goku(once Buu absorbed Gotenks and Piccolo) as a SSJ3 and gets his *** kicked. So in a way SSJ3 is not nearly enough

[color=red][b]Yes super goku, but

**possible spoiler for those who have not seen it**

ssj3 goku fought the buu that had absorbed piccolo and ssj3 gotenks. So he was a lot stronger than the fat buu ssj3 goku fought before.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]I was wondering if ssj3 is enough to do some serious damage to buu. I know goku transforms into ssj3 and fights buu but how effective is it really? What happens in the battle, does goku have to run? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, well. Yes, SSJ3 is enough to do some serious damage, but thats later in the show, aganst kid buu. When he fights fat buu, as you should have already seen if you live in the US, It only inflict damage for about 5 seconds, then he's fine.

Goku said that he didn't know if he could beat fat buu as ssj3, when piccolo asked him if he could have beaten him then. the reason he gave for not beating him is because that earth wasn't his world anymore. since he had died he no longer belonged on earth. it is now goten and trunk's responsibility to defeat him. since they are the future of the earth. goku said something to the effect of... there will be more villians to come and he won't be around to defeat them all. so now it is time for the kids to step up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]....using and in the beginning of a setence?? Thats one of the first rules of the english language about what not to do. However, thats another discussion.

Buu feels it, just only when one is more powerfull than him [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that your not supposed to do that. It's not like I was really worried about grammar at the time. His was horrific and I can barely read it. He's a newbie so someone needed to bring it to his attention. By the way, you spelled powereful wrong. Has anyone heard of puncuation? You shouldn't correct people on just minor mistakes. I don't want to continue this any further.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]as you should have already seen if you live in the US[/QUOTE]

Um hello, we Brits actually saw it on TV before you americans did, not trying to be offensive, but you actually made it sound like we were scum. This may be the wrong end of the stick, but anyway, just thought I'd point out that I saw that episode like 4 months ago on CN, and I gotta say that Buu does feel pain, but also has supirior regenaration powers, cause he healed Babidi, Tommy (Little Blind kid!), Bee, Hercule. He didn't appear to feel pain because he and Goku were fighting at an equal Power, Goku wasn't trying, because he didn't want to end it and give Goten and Trunks the chance to save their world.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kneeko Artilles [/i]
[B]Um hello, we Brits actually saw it on TV before you americans did, not trying to be offensive, but you actually made it sound like we were scum. This may be the wrong end of the stick, but anyway, just thought I'd point out that I saw that episode like 4 months ago on CN, and I gotta say that Buu does feel pain, but also has supirior regenaration powers, cause he healed Babidi, Tommy (Little Blind kid!), Bee, Hercule. He didn't appear to feel pain because he and Goku were fighting at an equal Power, Goku wasn't trying, because he didn't want to end it and give Goten and Trunks the chance to save their world. [/B][/QUOTE]

Goku couldn't have beat buu. I know that he wanted them to feel more responsible but I don't think that Goku had the power to beat Majin Buu.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
In the Japanese version of the episode Goku clearly states that he could beat Majin Buu (Fat One) in SSJ3 form but didn't do so based on the fact he wanted the next generation of fighters (Goten and Trunks) to be responsible now for protecting/saving the world. He continues on with this theme even in Dragon Ball GT.

[QUOTE][i]Originally Posted by Rick Hunter[/i]
In the Japanese version of the episode Goku clearly states that he could beat Majin Buu (Fat One) in SSJ3 form but didn't do so based on the fact he wanted the next generation of fighters (Goten and Trunks) to be responsible now for protecting/saving the world. He continues on with this theme even in Dragon Ball GT.[/QUOTE]

Too True, I remember that he didn't break a sweat against Buu, except when he was starting to tire because of SS3, but if he had been determinded from the beginning to kill him, then I believe he could have done it easily.

• 5 months later...
I now know based on gokou's own admission that he, in ss3, could have beaten the fat buu.

He also is now in my opinion the strongest fighter in the series besides Vegeto and Gogeta.

He was able to hang with super gotenks buu and even fight it out with kid buu who is the strongest buu of them all.

Gohan, the closest in power to gokou, reached his limit after gotenks was obsorbed by buu. (which btw, still wasnt a buu as strong as kid buu)

So with gohan stronger than gotenks in mystic form and gokou in ss3 form being stronger than mystic gohan, there is nothing left to compare gokou to besides gogeta and vegeto.
========================================

I just got the chance to watch todays episode and have now found out that by gokous own admission, he could have beat kid buu.

Plus, I want to mention that if it was purely based on power levels and not abilities, as in regeneration and all that crap buu can do...

Gokou would be far more powerful than buu and vegeta would even be a formidable foe to kid buu.

With every match up between these guys, buu and vegeta or gokou and vegeta, buu gets beat down and then uses some crap abilites to take the upper hand.

Both vegeta and gokou are amazing and, frankly vegeta might even be more powerful than gotenks.

I cant tell for sure...

But remember that levels of super saiyan are representitive of the form and not the power.

Gotenks only got to go ss3 after learning how, not due to his own gross power levels.

Look at mystic gohan, he gets more power than gotenks with no super saiyan transformation at all.

So it is fully possible that ss2 vegeta acheives a higher power than gotenks.

Also if you think about it... vegeta was even strong enough to kill fat buu, only, fat buu got to use those rediculus powers and regenerated from the blast that would have killed any other person.

So I guess my point is that I am truely impressed with vegeta, as seen with my other post just made, and also very impressed with gokou.

The sayians are amazing... all of them.

[b][size=1] It has been a very long time since this discussion had begun, and I am sure everyone now knows what they didnt back in October. But now, this topic has run its course, actually, many months ago. So it is now time to cakk upon the local Moderater to close this topic. :toothy:

(P.s. SSJ3 Goku is currently holding his own against Kid Buu in the America showing, so I believe he easily could have defeated Fat Buu, should he of kept it up longer.) [/B] [/size]