Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
anyone else on the boards love to sit down with a cold bottle of ramune, some pocky and yan-yan, maybe some of those chocolate mushroom cookies, or a hi-milk bar or something? i love jaanese snacks like these SOO much... yan-yan!!! yay!!!

anyway, everyone here probably knows what pocky is, but if you don't, it's like a cookie stick dipped in chocolate.....they have a ton of flavors......

yan-yan rocks, cause it's like dipping your own pocky...

ramune is a japanese soda pretty much like 7up or sprite, but it has sorta a melon twist on it...

anyway, i could go on and on abut ym favorite japanese snacks, but i don't think i could list them all......

of coure, these things take a chunk out of my pocket money, cause my parents buy us ameircan snacks, so any additional snacks we pay for.....

i buy pocky and yan-yan in chinatown whenever i go, and i think you can get ramune there too. they don;'t have a huge variety of pocky and yan yan, normally just chocolate and strawberry(eww...strawberry pocky is sooooo weird...) flavor..... but it's all good...

the rest you can buy online, most stuff you want is available... i think lostwonders.com has all the stuff i need......

problem with ordering stuff online is sodas might explode on you when you get them... you have to tap them about a million times before you open it... and DON'T order soda if you live out of th U.S., cause it'll probably explode before it gets to you...... yeah..

anyway, you get the idea...
Posted
[color=red] Nope, I've never had any Japanese snacks. But I hope to have some someday. I also hope to go there one day also, even if it may be in a different charter of my life. [/color]
Posted
I don't get to go to Chinatown anymore... In Chicago we have a HUGE Chinatown; lots of great stores and restaurants. The only candy we ever bought there was Chinese rice paper candy. Those pink candies that come with a free sticker heh.

I've seen other candies around... Our supermarkets here suddenly have a Japanese section. Lots of Sushi stuff, snacks and whatever else. I'm not a fan of candy either way, so I mostly buy these roasted peas covered in wasabi. Those kick *** :).
Posted
Strange. I've had (and love) Yan-Yan, but I never knew what Pocky was. I used to get my yan-yan from a nearby store that sells a lot of international stuff. Haven't had yan-yan in about 4 years, though.
Posted
Pocky is a kind of Japanese candy. I've heard it's really good.
I've had a seaweed cracker thing. The cracker was good but the little piece of seaweed that came with it was nasty.
I also like sushi (if you can consider that a snack).
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I love pocky, choclate and strawberry, mmmm. I used to buy Botan Rice candy when I was little, still do. And those stickers rock! I live far from a Chinatown, I think the nearest is in Seattle, and its been a while since I've been there.
Posted
If you are desperate... [url]www.jlist.com[/url] has tons of snacks and candies you can order. They have a lot of other hard to find Japanese items there as well. Prices aren't too bad, although I'm sure the shipping isn't cheap if it is sent from Japan (some are mailed from California).
Posted
[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]yum... it sounds good but for the pocky thing theres different kinds... i get the korean one pepero sometimes.. EVERYONE! its at your local asian market, korean for me... has anyone tried the chocolate covered sunflower seeds? SCRUMPTIOUS :tasty:[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]POCKY!!!!!!!!!!! RAMUNE!!!!!!!!
^____________________________^

As a korean... I get to eat [i]alot[/i] of Japanese food each time I visit my reletives, since korea's pretty close to japan. ^-^

Pocky is my all-time favorite, next to Goreibab, and then next to cocodasu. ^_^

goreibab is korean, and I think cocodasu is japanese...

Anyway... anyone other than me loooooove japanese soda candy? ^_^[/color] [/size]
Posted
I've never had Japanese food but chinese food is good. We had some foreign exchange students from China in summer school, and they brought snacks. They were really good. They brought in hard candy once that tasted like different flavors of popcorn, like regular, caramel. And they brought in these things like fig newtons we have over here only they were pineapple upside down cakes. They were really good, and they also brought in various other snacks. That's the good thing about cultural diversity, so many different types of foods and customs, that's what makes this world a great place to live in... Now if only we'd all get along...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]mm.. botan rice candy kicks ***...

im glad some other people like japanese snacks too..

white rabbits are the bom.. i love them... [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember the first time I had a white rabbit... I had no idea how to eat it. :tasty:
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]ew..
ew...

I got sooooo sick of botan during the Chinese New Year... @_@
My cousins, and grandparents each gave me like, one small box, and there were 22 reletives there... @_@

(including my reletives' reletives)[/color] [/size]
Posted
i like botan rice candy... a lot....

yeah, i was confused when i first had a white rabbit, but that was so long ago....

ramune is really good.....it's just...mmm...
Posted
[color=indigo]Mmmm... Japanese snacks... They're nice. They're right up there in my ratings along with some of my favourite Chinese snacks. Such as prawn flavoured chips and stuff like that...[/color]
Posted
to answer juu's question:

i've never had japanese soda candy... and what's deribab and cocodasu or whatever? im confused...

im going to have to pull a ryan and go eat everything too.. especially pumpkin fudge...*runs off*

20 mins. later:

okay.... going into the city today to get some ya-yan and ramune... to bad im broke... ill take some of my brother's money... he's an idiot... did i say that out loud? no, i wrote it down, phew....O_O.....
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Japanese actually feels like soda.. except.. it's not. ^^'
It's in Ramune, melon, and apple flavors. They all come together. ^^
I got some this morning, and I have one in my mouth right now.
It's hella good... you [i]must[/i] try it.[/color] [/size]
Posted
going to chinatown today.. will get sda candies...

they have them at some websites too, but ill probably just get some today... course, i m SO broke, it's not funny, i have like, $7 and i want some yan-yan and ramune.... then maybe some white rabbits and soda candies...ive seen the ramune ones, i think...

has anyone had Qoo grape drink?
Posted
POcky makes good on my list of favorite snacks. I haven't had any in a while guess it's time to stock up...

another favorite snack of mine are any of the japanese 100% fruit gummies. I lived off of those on a bus trip to chicago once.
Posted
just finished some ramune and yan-yan... mmm...

i COULDN'T find the soda candies... probably cause i can't read japanese or chinese... dammit........anyway, i need a pic or someting grumble... not gona go back to chinatown for like a month, but i got enogh pcky for a while.. though i only got two bottles of ramune, one for my girlfriend, one for me... their only like, 7 ounces, plus all the stuff that comes out after you pop the marble...

yeah... i forgot to buy white reabits, but i almost got an awesome wooden sword.. i also got kung fu slippers for my tai chi and kendo staff, and some chinese coins for my i ching.. anyone else a messed up hippi like me? tai chi and i ching.. you kno it...
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
Has anyone hear heard of Bust Pudding... I saw it in an anime magazine and I wonder what in the Heck is it...it had a brief desciption but can anyone tell me what it is supposed to signify... :eek: Now that I think about it... I know exactly what it is...:blush:
Posted
I had something weird one time, it was panda shaped heads with something in them, that was awaile ago, and I am not quite shure if it was japinese or chinese, I couldn't read it. XP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...