OtakuBoards

Matrix Reloaded

(<AA>)

[b]Supposedly The Matrix: Revolutions comes out VERY soon after Reloaded, which will be a refreshing change.

I think Aaliyah was supposed to be in both movies and when she died the Wachowski brothers had to replace her with Michelle Yeoh (last I heard).[/b]

[i]The Matrix[/i] was a great movie. A sequel will have the same great music, the same great special effects, and will be so cheesy that Kraft themselves couldn't outdo them. There's virtually no chance of it being any good. [i]The Lost World, Tremors 2, Tremors 3, The Arrival 2, Species 2, The Rage: Carrie 2...[/i] The list goes on. It's a very rare sequel that isn't a complete waste of perfectly good film. I'm not looking forward to it even slightly, but I'll probably watch it. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. But the track record of sequels say that in all likelihood, I won't be.

I heard they replaced Aaliyah with Jada Pinket Smith (and that she was training with Will Smith at the same thime he trained for Ali) but then I heard they replaced her with Nora Gaye (Marvin Gaye's daughter or something).

I think one of the problems with Matrix: Reloaded is going to be the sudden trend of Hollywood using Wire-Fu and slowed, spinning camera angles. It's been done to death ever since The Matrix came out, so Reloaded is gonna have to be at least twice as good as the first.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]I heard they replaced Aaliyah with Jada Pinket Smith (and that she was training with Will Smith at the same thime he trained for Ali) but then I heard they replaced her with Nora Gaye (Marvin Gaye's daughter or something).

I think one of the problems with Matrix: Reloaded is going to be the sudden trend of Hollywood using Wire-Fu and slowed, spinning camera angles. It's been done to death ever since The Matrix came out, so Reloaded is gonna have to be at least twice as good as the first. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've heard in some reports that the Wachowski Brothers are working hard on making special effects so complex and breathtaking that it will be practically impossible for them to be copied or spoofed like the "Neo bending all the way over scene" or the "slowed down" fight scenes were.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]I've heard in some reports that the Wachowski Brothers are working hard on making special effects so complex and breathtaking that it will be practically impossible for them to be copied or spoofed like the "Neo bending all the way over scene" or the "slowed down" fight scenes were. [/B][/QUOTE]
Cool, where'd you hear that?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by (<AA>) [/i]
[B]Cool, where'd you hear that? [/B][/QUOTE]

I've read it in several interviews with the producers. It's in Rolling Stone, Sci-Fi channel magazine,and I think in Entertainment Weekly, although that issue was like two months ago.

*Spoiler*

Also, some more news from this month's "Rolling Stone": Nona Gaye, Marvin Gaye's daughter, is replacing Aaliyah. I think she is Helen from Cleopatra 2020, if I'm not mistaking. Jada Pinkett Smith is Morpheus'ex. The guy who played Tank has been replaced by the guy who plays Augustus (the wheelchair bound narrator) from Oz. They say there was a big dispute between Tank's former actor and the producers. And the lady who played the Oracle died of diabetic-complications at the tail end of production so the Wachowskis are working with how they will handle her part. Zion, the last human city, will be seen, there are new villains, including a pair of twins, Agent SMith and the gang have new upgrades, and we'll finally see the creator of teh Matrix

*End Spoiler

I really can't wait it has been way to long since the first Matrix came out but I do think it's kind of weird how their releasing the 3rd one Matrix Revolutions I think it's called in just 6 months after this one.

[color=red][b]I just watched [i]The Matrix[/i] again, for like the 500th (holy hyperbole:)) time. I can't wait for Reloaded.

[i]The Matrix: Reloaded[/i] > you[/b][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=red][b]Sorry for the double post, but the topic won't come back to life if I don't post anew. THE MATRIX: RELOADED IS OFFICIALLY COMING OUT MAY 15, 2003! They released the new moive posters:

[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_keanu_full.jpg[/img]
[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_laurence_full.jpg[/img]
[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_carrie_full.jpg[/img]
[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_jada_full.jpg[/img]
[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_smith_full.jpg[/img]
[img]http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/posters_six_twins_full.jpg[/img][/b][/color]

Yeah, I just CANNOT wait for this movie! My friend voiced her dislike for The Matrix just a few weeks back and I practically died (I guess she only saw it the one time and refused to understand it - no offence to her)! It's such a gorgeous film!

I've heard a lot about the sequel, but nothing seems confirmed, what with the recent death of Aaliyah (a brilliant musician - we shall miss her contribution to that most lively of genres). Those posters sure are promising, though, Matt - good on you for finding them! I wonder what's with those twins and what appears to be a brand new Big Daddy Agent (*blubbers* I miss Smith!) Maybe I better do some more research...

Yeah, I hope they show Zion in Reloaded. Last human city, eh (in the words of Tank)? Sounds cool...

Shadowdramon ... Morpheus has an EX? Wow, that just dashes all the comic conversations of my fellow big-time Matrix fan and I. I suppose it's reasonable enough - after all, he does have groovy shades.