OtakuBoards

---------- Pearls of Skyler ----------

Dragon Warrior

The rushing seas lapped across the hull of the magnificent ship [I]Silvia[/I]. The ship was owned by the captain Lutra Daskar. His name may sound feirce, but he wasn't a cruel corsair. True, he is strong, but just because someone has power and might doesn't mean they use it for evil. He grinned at the waves happily.

"Ah yes." He sighed, watching the perpection of the ocean. He jumped down from where he stood and walked over to some crewmates of his, sitting on barrels and sitting strawberry cordial. "Nice day to be on the seas, aye?" Lutra said with a grin.

One chuckled to see the other spill cordial on his garments. "Yes. But the waves are becoming quite rough. I'ma thinkin' a storms abrewin', Lutra."

The other cleaned his clothes by spilling fresh water on them. "Aye. I agree, Storden, me messmate. The skies don't look too happy neither."

"Well let's try to enjoy it while we can, but still prepare shall we?" Lutra said gently. He poured some of the Blackberry ale into two goblets and walked off. He approuched his first mate, Elsyan and handed her one. "Fine day, aye Elsyan?"

"Yes it is, Lutra. The seas don't seem nearly as rough as yesturday. But I still feel a distant breeze." Elsyan replied.

Lutra's grin turned to half frown. "I know." he sighed. "That's one worry. We could be headin' into a storm and there's no land for miles." He rubbed his chin, then took a gulp of his ale. "Hmm... another worry is our ale doesn't taste to fresh. I thought ale could never go bad. In fact, it's suppose to get better when aged."

"Maybe something contaminated it." Elsyan suggested.

"Ye think? I sure hope not, mate." He sat his goblet down when he felt a raindrop hit his nose. "Well, jolly ho. Here comes the rain already! Let's prepare for the worst then. Tell all of the crew to get all of the equipment and items that could fly in the wind and get below deck. The ones that can't fit there will have to go to the ship's cabin. Then, gather you and a few other crewmates and stay at the top deck. We're going to take care of ship as the storm goes."

Elsyan looked worried. "Isn't that a bit dangerous." Lutra started to walk off to the cabin, but turned his head slightly. "We'll have to do what we have to do." And he opened the cabin door and went in.

*Oro looked up from her nap to light sprinkles of rain hitting her face. She frowned at this*

Another rain...

*she jumped up from her seat near the bow of the ship and raced torwards Stern. She hauled in what few fishing lines she had (which had no fish) and packed them into a bolted trunk on the deck. She then tied up the sails and took whatever was light enough to blow away down underneith the deck.*

[color=green][i]Elsyan ran to the main mast of the ship and grabbed her sword. With the hilt she smote a bell: once, twice, thrice. That was the signal that a storm was on its way. Sheathing her sword she helped to gather some items and take them below. Once everyone and everything they needed was brought down, they sat against the wall and braced themselves as the ocean began to buck sideways, up, and down harshly. It was very hard to stay against the wall, and many of them went sliding across the floor. [/i]

Lutra-Grab onto something, everyone!

[i]Everyone grabbed onto something as the worst was yet to come.[/i][/color]

Siren was tossed forward as a loud crack was heard from underneath them... Letting out a loud string of profanitys, she made her way to the first mate... She gripped a beam and shouted over the storm...

Siren: I think we've hit somthing! I'm gonna go ask for permission to check it out...

The ship bucked wildly and Elsyan pitched forward... Siren reached out and snagged her by the back of her shirt...

Siren: You should really listen to the captain when he says to hold on!

She winked jokingly and hauled her back to the wall...

Siren: Hold on to this!

She pointed to a beam to her right...

Siren: I'll be right back...

With that she let go and promptly proceded to slide across the room, colliding with the oppisite wall and Lacroix...

Siren: Ack!! Sorry mate... Bad aim!

She pushed herself up and stumbled towards Lutra...

Siren: I think we've hit a reef! Shall I check it out?

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix spun, his eight legs giving him a stability and grace unmatched by the others. He bellowed a string of orders to the crew.[/I]

Lacroix: All hands aloft, reef main and lateen sails! Reset the aft sails to quarter the wind! Damage crew below, see if we can shore up the damage!

[I]Lacroix left the room, and stalked out onto the quarterdeck. Using main force, he lashed the tiller, and retreated below again.[/I]

Lacroix: We've another squall line coming into the north, and the fog is getting thick enough to walk on. Best bet is to drop sea anchor and wait it out, assuming we can dredge ourselves off this reef. Which will be most difficult, considering we can't send out a sounding party in the long boat during this storm.

[I]They all waited in grim silence for the damage report.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC: Umm... Siren, Lacroix isn't on the same ship ^^

IC:

Lutra looked up at Siren from what he was doing. "Well, we were going up in a moment. My first mate, me and a select few. Someone has to watch the ship." With that, Lutra, Siren, Elsyan, and a few other crewmates climbed their way to the top deck.

The wind was sharp and strong. They could hardly hold it off, but they grabbed hold of some of the ropes flapping in the breeze and pulled their way across the deck. The rain stung like a thousand bees. Lutra's eyes burned. He suddenly felt Elsyan's hand on his shoulder. "Lutra, this storm is stronger than we expected!" He screamed over the roaring sounds of the collosal storm. "The ship won't hold!"

Lutra blinked at her. "Of course it will! [I]Silvia's[/I] has never let me down!"

"Look out!" Siren screeched and jumped at Lutra and Elsyan, but it was too late. One of the masts collapsed on them, knocking them clear off the ship. But sooner or later, the ship sunk itself. The storm and the seas had won. [I]Silva[/I] was no more.

[color=green]ooc: Now I'm confused. In The Harlequin's sign-up post, he put:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=crimson]
Information: Lacroix was exiled from the Underdark by his own kind. As well as the traditional twin axes carried by his kind, Lacroix fights with a bladed quarterstaff. He serves on Roe's crew as bosun. (Mainly because I know how to damn it!)[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

((well, at least I know where I am...))

*Oro sat underneith deck listening for the storm to hit, in seconds rain lightly pattered the deck then pounded on it feircely a loud claps of thunder erupted overhead. Oro found her hamock and decided to wait out the storm hopping no other ships would crash into hers*