Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Last night at my school dance, there were this YGO fans in the cafeteria. They always bring their decks to the dance, to trade and deul. I hung around them for a while and someone just HAD to say, "Why'd you bring Pokemon cards to school?" and then some other annoying person said, "I'll buy your Pokeman cards from you." and I GOT SO MAD!:flaming: They insulted YGO! HOW DARE THEY! They shouldn't insult us like that! if they don't like YGO, they can just leave us alone!
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=#9933ff]Eh. Happens to me all the time. Pisses me off, too. People either call Yu-Gi-Oh Pokemon, or Magic the Gathering. I swear, every card Game and Anime is Pokemon to those ignorant people.[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Never happened to me, but I usually wouldn't bring anything to a dance. Much less some cards. I was under the impression dances were for ::gasp:: dancing. Don't get me wrong, it was wrong for them to make fun of you but, why a dance? I brought them to school alot earlier in the year, but people started stealing other cards, so I stopped.[/SIZE] :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B][color=indigo][size=1]Who dances at dances? lol
Stealing cards? No wonder you didn't bring them.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]I do of course. But yeah, I had to punch someone for trying to run away with my Change of Heart. :p[/SIZE]
Posted
Lol only reason everyone thinks that all the card games which are OBVIOUSLY not pokemon, are pokemon, is because all they saw was pokemon and they know they wanted to get into, but were scared people would make fun of em. So either just ignore em, tell them they can get into it without anyone making fun of em, or fight about it... i'd just ignore it... but that's just me... *wanders off*
Posted
Yugioh and a lot of other animes get insulted up here. apparently Samurai X and Medabots are pokemon. and if any anime fans try to explain , they just get nowhere.

Recently i performed a test , to see how people would react with normal cards ( like 6 of clubs , 8 of Diamonds those sort of cards )
anyway i took them out in my computing class and started going through them as if i were looking to find a specific card. when all of a sudden someone yells " Pokemon! Gotta Catch 'em all! "
and my response was
" yeah! go my 7 of Diamonds! "
at this point i had turned all the cards round so the whole class just laughed at this guy.
Posted
well, i dun see why youd bring them to a dance, but..

my friend got their serpent's knight dragon stoledn, and then a kid sowed up with one at school the next day. we asked him where he got it and he said he had had it for months... give-away right there. so he got it back.

thats funny, DFL. heh. i wana try that.
Posted
Hey whats wrong with Magic the Gathering??? I have a friend who plays that game and he was watching me and a kid duel and he said that the Yu-Gi-Oh IS a lot like the Magic card game so i don't why you get worked up about that. But someone calling Yu-Gi-Oh POKEMON!!!Now that gets me mad!!! But please don't get mad if someone calls the game Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh is VERY simillar to Magic and plus Magic came out before Yu-Gi-Oh but yes i agree whoever calls the Yu-Gi-Oh card game the Pokemon card game is obvisously being a total smart *** or they don't have a clue..
Posted
No one in my school ever brings their decks in, so I can't really relate. But if they did, I see no reason why anyone else should care or make fun of them.
Those who do are simply close minded morons!
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Well if you kinda bring your cards to a school dance I'd consider that person a lifeless loser but hey, that was just my opinion..

Back in high school, whenever there were dances I just went to have a good time w/ my g/f and friends, not play cards Oo;, lol, do that on your spare time not at a social gathering --;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MajinBuu [/i]
[B]Never happened to me, but I usually wouldn't bring anything to a dance. Much less some cards.[/B][/QUOTE]

Precisely... bringing card decks to a dance? You had it rightfully coming.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by roxieortatiana [/i]
[B][color=#9933ff]Eh. Happens to me all the time. Pisses me off, too. People either call Yu-Gi-Oh Pokemon, or Magic the Gathering. I swear, every card Game and Anime is Pokemon to those ignorant people.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL My sister's always teasing me about "Yogi bears" because in french, the words (yugi/yogi) are very similar.

My stepfather, on the other hand, once called Yu-Gi-Oh! "little cartoons" i was always watching. THAT offended me a great deal.:mad:
Posted
I've never really had much interest in card games. I know they can be fun, and I understand you like 'em and all, but I personally don't, and never have, collected any card games. I could never really get into the mechanics of how the game worked and it shocked me how far people were prepared to go to get them- one kid here was stabbed last year because of Pokemon cards. I doubt YuGiOh's the same (a much more sophisticated taste), and that's partly due to changing society, but I never wanted to get into that. Having said that, it looks kinda fun. It'd be better if the monsters were real, though. KaibaCorp, please...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wormmon's Tamer [/i]
[B]We have the technology to duel like they do on the show..holograms and stuff...But Upper Deck (or whoever makes the cards) is too cheap to make the game be played that way. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]:therock: Can you really blame them....[/SIZE]
Posted
Can you blame them? By the time they made the holograms real enough, made the deuling rings, and distributed them, Yugi would be over.

Why not just have a card-recignition slot, plug it into a game console, and use the actual cards? (now there's an idea....)
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...