Hyper Posted October 23, 2002 Posted October 23, 2002 There was a rumor going around that UD would buy an island, build a castle, call it the Duelsit Kingdom, and invite the best DK duelists in Canada, U.S. and Japan, and have Three seperate tournies for each. Its fake.
Ya)\/(I-YuGI Posted October 23, 2002 Posted October 23, 2002 that would be cool tho shadow then the opwner has a millenium item and takes our souls noooooooooooooooooo lol
Sara Posted October 23, 2002 Posted October 23, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i] [B]There was a rumor going around.... Its fake. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You don't say! And here I'd quite gotten my hopes up.[/SIZE] :p
Hyper Posted October 24, 2002 Posted October 24, 2002 [size=1] Sorry to burst your bubble Cera... Anyways it was probably made up by some wanna-be (sp?) duelist. You can always hear tell the real rumors from the fake ones. They real ones appear more often. Like the on about UD making Dueling Gloves for tournies... It can't tell if tis true or not since ppl have talked about several times but i hear a lot these days. Crazy rumors. [/size]
Solo Tremaine Posted October 24, 2002 Posted October 24, 2002 One rumour that is true is that YuGiOh is coming out on GBA and GameCube. It'll be an RPG-style game. And if it isn't right, don't blame me. It was in a magazine I bought. With a pic of Yami Yugi in it.
Hyper Posted October 25, 2002 Posted October 25, 2002 They are making an RPG on Battle City thats a cross bewteen Eternal Dueslist Soul (The new GBA game) and Golden Sun (great game). Gamecube? Yu-gi-Oh! on gamecube? ::Chases after Solo:: Info please?
Solo Tremaine Posted October 25, 2002 Posted October 25, 2002 That's all I have, more or less. ::takes cover as HyperShadow explodes:: I'd check out IGN regularly for game info. But all it said in the mag was: Entitled Yu-Gi-Oh: Falsebound Kingdom, this complex strategy RPG sees you battling for supremacy against your rival in a medieval world. And there was a bit more saying what they think it'll be like if it's any good as Lost Kingdoms- good. It'll be in a similar style to Pokemon TCG on GBA.
gouf Posted October 25, 2002 Posted October 25, 2002 My cards got stolen too. Sept my apartment was broken into and they took my deck the thing was worth $700 we caught the guy who stole em but he had sold all the rare cards I had the only things left were a dark zebear whiptail crow and my red eyes wich had been servirly damged. We got what money he sold the cards for you know how much he made off that $50. Note to players to help indentfiy your cards youse a pen wich only shows up on a black light and then write your intals on the crad somewhere.
AnimeAddict Posted November 16, 2002 Posted November 16, 2002 No! PIECE OF *^&*^ POKEMON! dddiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!! *pika pika* then shoots it
Kenso Posted November 17, 2002 Posted November 17, 2002 I have also had it referred to as Pokemon many times. It's rather WRONG!!!! But anyway, my school isn't that into it that ppl try to steal cards. We have a small group of ppl who play, but that's it. And yes, Yu-Gi-Oh is EXTREMELY similar to Magic: The Gathering. However, I like Yu-Gi-Oh slightly better, as it is not quite as complicated(some of the magic-style[I don't remember if they're actually called magic cards in that game, it's been a while] cards get really hard to follow in Magic, especially since when multiple magic-style cards are used, they often create chain-reactions with loads of effects).
Hyper Posted November 17, 2002 Posted November 17, 2002 Yu-Gi-Oh! is like Pokemon but more fun (In my opinion) and more mature. Yu-gi-Oh! is like Magic, but its a little more kid friendly.
TheDarkOtaku Posted November 24, 2002 Posted November 24, 2002 Once they called me a "Magic Freak" and threatend to rip my cards. I just ignored it. You have to also, because people are just plain dumb. :)
Hyper Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 Well said. If they don't like it, they are wasting their time doing so. Its funny really. They think its so stupid, but yet again they are always spending a lot of time doing that. Almost as if they are interested in it. lol
DarkMagician Posted December 16, 2002 Posted December 16, 2002 I know what you mean, I just bought Yugi's and Kaiba's starter decks and I am made fun of alot when people see me sorting out my cards....*sigh* They say a 16 year old girl shouldn't be playing baby games :nervous: ...oh well. I enjoy the game. :)
egyptgirl Posted December 19, 2002 Posted December 19, 2002 There's a group of kids at my school my friends and I call the Jerkazoids. When ever people bring any kind of cards to school they start teasing and saying stuff like "when are ya' gonna grow up and get a life away from those 'pokemon' cards." I was ready to blow up or something which is ironic because my best friend says I look like a Kuribo. but...ARGGGGHHHHH *explodes* :blowingup
DeathBug Posted December 20, 2002 Posted December 20, 2002 :wigout: Great jumpin' jellybeans!! You're saying that, in school, people....mock other people?! Over stupid stuff?! Good gravy, when did this start? I find it entirely impossible that one person would, to coin a phrase, "make fun of" someone else! What is this world coming to? Oh, wait, I live on this planet. Sorry, forgot that for a sec. Guys, no matter what you do, there will be someone who's a jerk to you for no reason. To bother about it and accuse them of "insulting the great name of Yu-Gi-Oh" is to waste time. Futhermore, by doing so, you're making it worth their while, because it clearly has gotten under your skin. I really don't like this thread, because it's basically a bunch of whining, no offense. Yeah, I get bugged by jocks, preps and jerks all the time, but do I let it bother me? No. You guys should'nt either. [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]If you don't like the topic you're posting in, then don't post. This is supposed to be a thread where people vent their aggressions about how people treat their Yu-Gi-Oh interest. Although, I do agree, it has degenerated into 'they called it Pokemon' somewhat, so let's try and make it a bit more interesting/relevant, shall we? -Solo[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Sky Moonflow Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 It gets on my nervs when the say Yu-Gi-Oh are Pokemon cards. I was at the park and the same thing happened someone asked "Hey I'll buy those Pokemon cards from you" I just beat that guy up. I was mad. How dare him to insult the YGO cards.
Kinetic Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 [color=darkblue] Sure, it gets annoying to hear people telling you to get a life, but who cares? They don't like it, but they don't have to, right? People have different interests. I personally take Beezlebumon's side in this matter. And who cares if they call it pokemon? You can't tell me that nearly every single one of you never enjoyed Pokemon Cards. I know I did, and I grew out of it. I know I like these cards, and that I'll grow out of them as well. My point is, card games come and go, and you'll play them. People will have fun with you, but it doesn't matter, life goes on and you shouldn't care about these things. [/color]
Hyper Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 You know, when I bring my cards to school to duel my friends, if people ask what I'm doing or what I have wiht me, I tell them its Pokemon cards. (Sarcasticaly of course) Person1: What are those? HyperShadow: Pokemon cards. Person1: Really? HyperShadow: No. *Person1 walks off* And I have to admit that it really works.^_^ At my school people don't really care. But just go a long with their Pokemon card thoughts and maybe you won't be bothered.
Domon Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 OOOOHHHH What i really hate is this. Okay i was in my geometry class and it was like the last 10 minutes of class so this friend of mine and i decide to duel each other and this kid who is a total friggin jerk walks over and asks if i have a Karate Man card and i said i did but i left it at home, well the jerk proceedes to tell me to F-Off. Well then last week he goes off about how stupid Yu-Gi-Oh is, well right at that moment i wanted to take my book and proceed to smash his face in. ACK!!!!!!!!! I just can't stand him!!!! He is soooo rude! Anyone ever have to deal with this kind of person?
Sky Moonflow Posted December 28, 2002 Posted December 28, 2002 I think we should just let them talk all they want and we should just ingnore them.
BunnyBunny05 Posted December 31, 2002 Posted December 31, 2002 You know what? That makes me mad. :devil: :mad: People like that don't really know what they are looking at these days, and needs to get their eyes checked. If only the cards came to life....{DARK MAGIC ATTACK!}
Dragon Fou Lu Posted December 31, 2002 Posted December 31, 2002 if the cards could come to life , then the result would be the same as what happened in Yugioh. Wars would erupt and stuff. but since it's not going to happen anyway:p ,i'd probably go with Serendity on this matter and just ignore them. :)
GotenksSSJ343 Posted January 1, 2003 Posted January 1, 2003 Usually my friends and I make bets to see who can convince some person the most that Yu-gi-oh/cards is nothing realated to pokemon. I also use Hypershadows method works everytime :devil:
TrickyNicky Posted January 2, 2003 Posted January 2, 2003 There are two twins in my spanish class and they target me. When they found out I played pokemon cards they told the other girls and I was officially a geek. I wouldn't dare buy yu-gi-oh card in case someone found out.
Recommended Posts