-
Posts
1679 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Japan
-
Now I suppose this memorial tribute will be rather embarrassing and jumbled. At least it is coming from the heart and with honesty. His death and suffering came as quite a shock to me as I barely check twitter much anymore due to being busy. He was one of my first friends on here. He was always there when I had to stay up to finish a paper or a school project. He always had advice for issues I had and always had a screenshot to cheer me up. He also was a huge encouragement to me when I was dealing with depression and issues with my mom throughout high school and college. It was thanks to him that I even watched some anime and get into Zelda. I remember teasing him about his hair in a way that it would be fun to braid. Which he responded that he might have his future wife do it in private...guess what won't be happening now. I always liked his hair, though. Also, it was thanks to him that I fell in love with the name Jonathon. I knew his name after prodding him for it after a while. We teased each other a lot...in a good way. I regret never being able to meet him in real life or even talk to him this last year that he was alive. I just always assumed he would be watching moe anime and precure. It wasn't till I found out last night that this all changed. A guy who was like a little brother has passed and he suffered and I never knew until now. He was a good man and he was taken far too quickly. I'll miss you, Dessy.
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Japan replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
I haven't posted here in forever. I just got back from Japan earlier this month and decided to share one of my favorite photos of me so far. -
As one friend put it with any Shaun T regime (I do own hip hop abs) it doesn't matter too much what you eat, however your body will eventually crave the good foods to get the energy to survive his stuff than not. Aka cheeseburger will not give you sufficient energy compared to a steak dinner or something. I sort of had a falling out with hip hop abs because they wanted me to be on a strict food diet. Being poor and as busy as I am it was hard to do. I AM excited for Insanity but the price range did put me off a little. (found the DVDs for cheap at a thrift store)
-
Where do you think you would be in life if it weren't for Otakuboards, without your circle of friends here, or any of that? I may of gotten more sleep, may not gotten as hurt by a few experiences, may of studied more... But over all I don't think I would have as many friends or learned about life as much as I did. I was a sheltered child.
-
I never really became a fan of him till I watched Labyrinth for the first time back in 2009. I always knew he was a legend however. I was more of a Queen fan growing up. Thanks to that this song is all the more chilling.
-
I'll try my hardest! xD The desire to be sexy in cosplay is strong!
-
I could of sworn that I responded to this thread too. Better late than never I suppose. As for Insanity I know it is tough...I have a feeling I might die...or give up
-
I am going to start the Insanity work out on Monday. Hope I don't die.
-
I find it ridiculous that a console games and computer games are requiring you to pay extra money just to finish the game. I haven't really seen this type of concept in games since MMORPGS. The game models that MMORPGS follow makes sense. Final Fantasy 7, not really. (read it would be jn parts of DLC) I feel like mobile gaming may of wrecked a little only because the quantity over quality seems to matter more. The PSP died out I think but the 3DS seems to make a comeback. I'm just noticing over all that games are becoming more of a social aspect now. Maybe that's what mobile gaming has done to influence games these days too.
-
I think that the biggest thing OB taught me were lessons from the members here. These life lessons and life experiences from the members here has helped me so much getting through my highschool and college days. (and constantly reminding me that I matter and folks care for me during some of my darkest times in my life)
-
Happy OtakuBoards Day, everyone! Lets get the show on the road and get the party started!
-
I like Skype myself.
-
Sure wield a book cause reading is fundamental and all that jazz.
-
Ever since Clannad and Clannad After Story anime came out I've always had some form of interest in visual novels. See, anime like Air and Clannad were originally visual novels meaning a story expressed visually with voice acting and music. They are a lot of fun. Another type of game I like to play occasionally if the plot is intriguing enough are otome or dating simulator games. Anyone else out there that enjoy these games as much as I? I nearly finished Clannad until my laptop died. Besides that I did finish Go Go Nippon. Now I am working on Eden* which is about the end of the world.
-
I would like to be a part of the facebook chat too maybe.
-
I LOVE Attack on Titan...though I am mostly obsessed with the soundtrack. Call Your Name and Reluctant Heroes despite the Engrish is suprisingly good. Let's not forget how awesome the two opening themes by Sound Horizon are too! I've mostly been watching Kamen rider myself. I recently finished Kamen Rider Drive, and Kiva. I just started to watch Hibiki. (Though I think I might watch Monster again for the sole reason of it being October.
-
Glad to see you back! Bout time!
-
Greetings! So I was thinking today on how I can add some creativity to the boards to make it more enjoyable. With NaMoWriMo and the holidays fast approaching I thought, why not start a writer's workshop? There used to be these type of things on TheOtaku on a regular basis back in the day and with Aussie!James thread on Matrix themed peotry, short stories, etc I wanted to try and do it again. I don't have anything personally written yet but I thought we could inspire each other to write. So let's get this baby started! (In case you didn't notice, the theme is holidays. So it can be a spooky tale in time for Halloween or a sweet tale about Christmas or even a science fiction story about robotic leprechauns terrorizing Ireland!)
-
Maybe we should get some music to get us into the mood eh? Go Go Cactus Man!
-
I bugged Shy and Syk3
-
Is it bad of me that I wish this could happen now? Or like every day even?
-
Haha too late, my boys. I just saw this my own self! I'm totally in! Jeez Charlie boy quit being such a recluse!
-
Mad Max Fury Road: Blood Bag Over all this movie soundtrack is AMAZING!!!! However this one takes the cake with the drums and guitar.
-
Same...out of all my other teenager hang outs, (Not sure if runescape should count) this is the only one still standing. I may not post here often but I am very protective of this place and forever will cling to it. Too many memories.