[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]
[color=deeppink]I know that I've never really let this be known...but bad spelling is actually minor pet peeve of mine. Though, spelling doesn't bother me [i]that[/i] much, because even I can't spell everything right :p
My [i]major[/i] pet peeve is bad grammar...dunno why it bothers me so much. Here, let me give you a quick lesson:[/color]
[color=purple][b]There[/b]: Refers to a place, "[b]There's[/b] the box."
[b]Their[/b]: Refers to possession, "That is [b]their[/b] box."
[b]They're[/b]: Look at it, it has an apostrophe...that means it is separating two words...[b]They[/b] and [b]are[/b], so this means that it is referring to an action..."[b]They're[/b] using that box."
[b]Your[/b]: Refers to possession, "Is that [b]your[/b] box?"
[b]You're[/b]: Look! Another apostrophe sighting...this time it separates [b]You[/b] and [b]are[/b]...thus it is used to describe someone, "[b]You're[/b] a really nice person."
[b]To[/b]: This one is self explanitory, "I'm going [b]to[/b] the store."
[b]Too[/b]: Used to replace the word 'also' or 'as well', "I want to go [b]too[/b]!"
[b]Two[/b]: I don't need to explain this one...
[b]A lot[/b]: These are two separate words!![/color]
[color=deeppink]Erm...ok, I went a little haywire there :babble:...I don't want to sound all wenchy about this or anything...but it's just a nice little lesson to further educate you...don't you feel smarter now? :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes actually, I feel alot smarter. Thanks for the lesson BabyGirl :)