Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Petie

Administrators
  • Posts

    1170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    33

Everything posted by Petie

  1.   I have always been in favor of this course. These types of threads, pretty much without fail, tend to have a negative impact on a forum. I've seen it first hand too many times and removing them, after the riots discussions about doing so are over, usually has a positive effect.   Also, there are a lot of well written responses in this thread that I'd like to properly address at some point in the near future but for now, I think this is one of the more important points. Will it completely revive the forum? Absolutely not. But it can certainly get us moving in the right direction.
  2. Hey, and welcome! ^_^   That thread does actually exist and can be found [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44728-new-members-introduce-yourselves-here/]here[/url] but this works too.   I would definitely love to see this place pick up again. There are still a lot of great people that pop in from time to time so it's entirely possible and I think Saiyangohan2002 had some good points in that direction as well. Perhaps those of us who are still around should actively start discussing how to make it happen.
  3.   As Des said, the issue was the use of a span tag. I just updated it to use a div instead and it now appears to be working properly!   รข??Also, just because I was curious if I could do it, it seems I successfully associated all of your old posts with your new account.
  4. Lady A! It's awesome to see you here again! Expect a PM from me soon, though I think we're already friends on some of these things. :D
  5. Welcome all new people, and specifically Aakosir since you just joined!
  6. Go to the following page and scroll down to the "Send A Gift" section: http://www.theotaku.com/backroom/profile/gifts/
  7. I would truly love to see this place grow again but it's been seeming less and less likely over the years. I do think a resurgence of activity from old members might help but new members will really be the key and we simply aren't getting many these days. I think this was originally partially due to the ease with which people could communicate on theOtaku but now I'm not so sure. I'm all for ideas though and would be happy to facilitate any of them to the best of my ability. The site is actually hosted on my server now so we have a bit more flexibility than we used to, if that helps.
  8. If this does take off and the formatting is broken, let me know. I'm sure I can find some way to enable HTML or whatever it will take to make them look right if I know what I'm looking for!
  9. Hey everyone! Welcome back! Sorry for the ridiculous amount of down-time. I moved the site to a different server for performance, maintenance, and convenience reasons and only just last night finally got everything set up that needed to be set up before I could bring the site back online. I've done some brief testing and things appear to be working but keep an eye out for any bugs or errors and let me know about them here!
  10.   Indeed. I looked into it and couldn't find any way to enable that box globally.
  11. Okay, so it appears to be working again, at least on my end. Can anyone confirm?
  12. Yeah, this is definitely an issue. I'm not entirely sure what's causing it though. There are software updates available so I'll try installing them and then get back to you. Thanks for the report.
  13. They are indeed! They managed to survive the server transfer and can be found here: http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/   The information links at the top are dead but the individual years are still fine.
  14. This thread hasn't been posted in recently so I figured I'd change that. Alas, I don't have much of interest to add - I'm currently at work and not a whole lot is happening - but at least there's a post now!
  15. I meant to reply to this a long time ago and then completely forgot but I agree completely (well, except for moving back to vBulletin - that changeover was not a fun process). It's awesome to see people coming back and saying hello but it would definitely be a lot of fun to have some sort of more formal reunion. Who knows? Maybe that can actually happen someday.
  16. Hello and welcome back! I see you're posting from a new account and I'm assuming that's because you can't remember the password for the old one? If so, we can definitely get you back on your original account. If you'd like to do this, PM me and we'll go over what you need to do ^_^ I wasn't really around for Adam's Angels, unfortunately, but I do remember the group and it's awesome seeing those sites again! It sounds like you're having quite the incredible experience. A video would definitely be welcome if you could make that happen. As for this being an intro or not, you're fine. James isn't around much these days, though he pokes his head in every once in a while. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. And yeah, we switched software after VBulletin changed pretty much everything about themselves (most notably, their licensing) so there's definitely some adjustment that needs to happen. But again, welcome back!
  17. Hello everyone I missed! Welcome to OB!
  18. Hmm... well you could try this then: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix   Just be careful if and when you interact with it. It's a rather powerful little piece of software and could break things more if you don't understand what you're doing.
  19.   Run System Restore and restore back to the day before your cousin touched it. Depending on your operating system, it's located in different places but if you're on Vista or up, you should be able to just search the start menu.
  20.   Sort of! It hasn't been actively worked on for a few years but the archive is still available at http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/!
  21. Hey and welcome to OB!   Just so you're aware, you can edit posts to include more information instead of making a new post each time you have something else to add ^_^
  22. I never was able to figure out what was going on with the signature editor. There's an update to the software that I need to install and while it doesn't address signatures directly, maybe that bug will be fixed in the new version. In the mean time though, you should be able to manually format your signature with BB Code.
  23. I removed search flood control from all groups so that should no longer be an issue.
  24. Petie

    Guild Wars 2

    I added you a while back! Except that I'm almost never on so that might not be so obvious in hindsight.
  25. Hello, and welcome!
×
×
  • Create New...