[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1322759789' post='710440']
I have set aside a lot of time to watch [b]Fairy Tale[/b], and I am currently on episode 49. I am not really surprised that the series is this long, because the world has a ton of depth. I kinda went in thinking it was gonna be just another Rave Master, but it really feels much different, and in a very good way, I think this show has tons of strengths, but the biggest one has to be the villains. I really like how they are built up to be really strong, but the main characters are just a bit stronger for the most part. I really disliked the evolution theme anime's like DBZ have, and I much prefer the person you root for to be more powerful. Being an underdog is fun and all, but it really gets old. [spoiler] I also like how people usually return in the show, even if they were enemies.[/spoiler] This show is really addictive though... they know just when to end so that you are dying to watch another one. ( I could never watch this show on a week to week basis... it would drive me insane.) The only thing I dislike is the painful amounts of crying, friendship speeches, and fanservice.
[/quote]
Hmm... I really need to start watching that series again. I've only been reading the manga. When I first began reading Fairy Tail my problems were the characters themselves. Outside of Erza, there weren't any characters that really stood out, and at that time Erza stood out because of her "strong" role. She was no damsel and she could handle herself. I do remember when I first watched the series I felt that the female characters were more enjoyable though. So maybe it's a manga vs anime thing... "shrugs" But for the most part I still read Fairy Tail, but I hate Natsu (his type of character annoy me even more than damsels now)
As for what I watched. [b]Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas[/b], that is the name of the animated movie with Brad Pitt right? Anyway, for the most part it was watching me, but from what I saw of the movie it was great, although, I'm kinda wondering if it's my love for great animation/artwork that made this movie shine so much. The voices, or rather Michelle Pfieffer's role as Eries (sp?) was probably the one that stood out the most. Can't explain it too well, but it seemed like Pfieffer brought out the seductive side and, well, it worked. Like I said, though I have to watch it again because I missed a lot of it.