Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Aaryanna_Mom

Members
  • Posts

    1005
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aaryanna_Mom

  1. Works for me, if each of you wants to work on a flag picking the name you like best. Then once you all send it to each person we can vote as to which one we like the best. I've no doubt that you'll all make great flags. I'm expecting it to be a hard choice. ;)
  2. [COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='Anomaly][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange] I don't mind being the Sunflowers or having Yellow as our team colour.I was going to suggest fuschia, but if we were fuschia, I wouldn't suggest a flower name.[/font'][/color][/quote]But Fuschias are such pretty flowers! LOL! Still I agree out of the two I like the Sunflowers the best. And as you can see the Golden Rod color code Rachmaninoff got does look nice. ;) Still it's not like we have to make a mad rush, but unless we think of something better I say we go with the Sunflowers. And since all of you seem to agree I'd be happy to keep the position of captain and continue leading our awesome team. :catgirl: [B]EDIT:[/B] In answer to your thought of teal and The Conquistadors what type of image would we use for a team flag if we went with that? [/COLOR]
  3. As much fun as it would be to find out now, well as you said Takuya, we'll find out soon enough. It's more fun this way anyway. :catgirl: And speaking of fun, it seems that now I will also be controlling William as a character, even if I don't know much about him. Though SunfallE has given me some basics as to what he is like so with that in mind here's a brief character sheet on William: [B]Name:[/B] William [real name unknown] [B]Age:[/B] Unknown [B]Gender: [/B] Male [B]Race: [/B] Versilan [B]Loyalty: [/B] Resistance [B]Description: [/B] Varies, currently he has long silver blonde hair. Is about 6'2 and a bit on the lean side. [B]Weapons:[/B] Little is known about his expertise, though so far every weapon or explosive he has been seen with, he has known how to use. It is assumed that he is familiar with hand to hand combat. [B]Special Skills:[/B] William is skilled at keeping track of different resistance members as well as operations. He is also quite good and never confusing who knows what. Making him an ideal choice to lead since he easily stays on top of what's going on. He also has a good grasp of military tactics since he also seems to know just how the military will respond to certain situations. [B]Personality: [/B] Though he is often kind and friendly, he is also quite secretive. When asked questions he doesn't intend to answer, he will not, no matter how often he is asked. [B]Short Bio: [/B] William is currently taking over leadership of the resistance, as well as heading to sector one to find out more about what was done with both Jason and Celestia who were captured on Earth. He has been working in the resistance for at least thirty years and it is his goal to realize the dream of forcing the High Council to finally stop enslaving other races. Though little is known about his past it is clear that he is willing to devote everything to this task. And there you have it. Should be fun! Since both William and Daniel will be working together on Reflection once they arrive.
  4. Daniel did his best to not think about it, but he found that he couldn't help it. If what William had told him was true, Kim like so many others was now dead. In just one year, as a Commander in the Resistance he had lost more personal than he ever did in the ten years he had served as a Commander in the military. It was hard, Daniel did not like losing those who were under his command. It was his job to see to their safety. Even though he knew he had done what he could, he still felt like he failed them. Irritated he set the enhanced learning program William had given him aside. Even though he needed to learn all the mannerism of the wealthy he found that at the moment he'd rather strangle the self important fools. Carrying on without a care in the world or even bothered by the billions of enslaved people that made their wealth possible. But what had Daniel really stumped was that he was sure he knew who William was, or rather who he had been before he joined the resistance. But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't seem to remember. Part of him was sure it was because he most likely had a different name, but the way William held himself, and the way he did things was somehow familiar. Daniel knew better than to pry though, since even indirect questions were simply ignored by William. If nothing else, he was a master at avoiding any question that might shed light on just who he really was. And in the end Daniel didn't need to know. And if there was one thing he had learned, in the resistance, if you didn't need to know, you weren't told. He pulled out the locket that he always wore, opening it to look at the picture of his mother. Wondering if he should put one of Kim in there as well, though in the end he knew he would not. There wasn't a locket big enough to hold all the pictures of loved ones who had lost their lives to the cruelty and stupidity of his own people. Or rather that of the High Council. Daniel wondered just where they went wrong. He had studied history and in the beginning, they had been nothing like they were now. His own people had been at war, separated into ten factions. When it became obvious that they were about to cause their own extinction they finally made peace, selecting a member from those who ruled each faction to represent them in a High Council or as they were often referred to back then a High Command. From that day forward things had only gotten better. But then somehow the idea that other races were inferior was introduced, and after convincing the rest of the people that it was true they started taking over other worlds. For thousands of years this held true. It was slow at first but in the last couple of century's that had become more prevalent as they swiftly moved to enslave races that were starting to develop space travel and other technology. Daniel sighed as he closed the locket and tucked it back underneath his tunic. Dwelling on how it happened wouldn't change that it had happened. After all, even he had never questioned the High Council. He had felt they were a bit to hard on resistance members, but other than that he had been content as well. Until his father had died and it had been learned that not only was he a resistance member but his father as well. Daniel hadn't known that Nathan was his father or that he was a member of the resistance but Jared had found out quickly enough when he investigated Nathan. He reached over and grabbed his hand held computer with the enhanced program on it and started working on it again. He didn't want to think about what had happened when Nathan had been discovered. Or about what Jared had done to both him and his mother. Determined to put it out of mind, at least for the moment, he went back to studying the information William had given him.
  5. Welcome to the team SunfallE, I think you'll fit in perfectly. ;) Now all of you already know me so I don't think it's necessary to repeat the information about myself, though if we wish to do so we can. And to put it shortly, my interests have not changed. I'm still into piano and organ since I teach both as well as gardening, scrap booking and reading. And I'm still a grandmother of two adorable grandkids and hopefully one of these days I'll get to see them since my eldest doesn't live close. Though I love getting pictures of those adorable kids. Now as for a name, I definatly think we need something to replace the rather strange name Sandy gave us. And I won't deny that the idea of using your suggestion here Rachmaninoff:[quote name='Rachmaninoff][B][COLOR=#DAA520]T[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFD700]h[/COLOR][COLOR=#B8860B]e[/COLOR] [COLOR=#DAA520]S[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFD700]u[/COLOR][COLOR=#B8860B]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#DAA520]f[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFD700]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#B8860B]o[/COLOR][COLOR=#DAA520]w[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFD700]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#B8860B]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#DAA520]s[/COLOR'][/B][/quote]Does appeal to me since I love flowers. :catgirl: And I'm terrible at thinking of names myself. So unless you guys think of another name, that works for me, though if we are going to go with flowers that does give me an idea, since we could go with: [COLOR=Magenta][B]The Roses[/B] [/COLOR] And choose pink as our color or even purple or a whole bunch of different colors since Roses come in so many colors. That would be a fun name too. ;) Especially since we could have matching avatars for that as well. Though if all of you think of a better name that's fine too. Now as for choosing a Captain, if you guys want me to continue being the Captain I will, but if someone else wants a shot that's fine too. Since both Rachmaninoff and Anomaly have yet to have a chance to serve as team Captain. I know you say you don't want it Rachmaninoff, but I'm just saying if someone else wants to give it a try I'm fine with that. Anyway, I'm thinking that this is going to be lots of fun. :catgirl:
  6. After consulting with each other we have made our choice for the new teams as well as who to let go. Each one of us offered our thoughts on this so it is a [I]Unanimous [/I] decision since we all agree. So here is our choice: [INDENT] [B][U]Team One[/U]:[/B] Aaryanna_Mom Aaryanna Anomaly Rachmaninoff SunfallE [B][U]Team Two[/U]:[/B] BKStyles Ezekiel Keyblade Wielder White Shy [B][U]Evicted Players[/U]:[/B] Dragon Warrior Darren Sakura[/INDENT] And there you have it. To those who were chosen to be evicted, we hope you understand since we all enjoyed having you in the game.
  7. I most definitely agree Alexa. ;) A new name or color won't change what an awesome team you guys make. And it's going to be fun to have a new member as well. And now that all of you have decided I will go and post to let Sandy know our decision. Should be fun! :catgirl:
  8. [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I mean I figured that the mysterious woman was someone highly placed but even though you've confirmed that fact, you've still left out what the other information she told Kiva was. *pokes SunfallE* Still I suppose that's what makes this so much fun. Now I can't wait for Erica to be exposed since I want to know what else she told Kiva! LOL! Oh and I love how you're putting so many of us on Reflection, just thinking of the funny situations that leaves things open to has my mind spinning with zany ideas.[/QUOTE]I figured the same as well. That she was either a member of the Council or fairly close. This part is going to be fun since I love knowing part of what's going to happen and yet still having something else in there that you don't know. I love it! And with most of us being in sector one, good lord that's going to get wacky! Since unlike Earth we won't be staying hidden from each other. Though I'm sure Daniel will make a point of avoiding Jared should he see him on Reflection. lol Between waiting for Kiva to get to the point where Erica is exposed, along with finding out the other stuff Erica told Kiva, to all the crazy stuff on Reflection...This is definitely going to be fun! :catgirl: I feel bad for Kim though, even though it fits that they would finally hand her over...I still feel bad for her. And since the only thing I can think of that would let her live is for them to keep her to hand over to Stevens...I decided it would probably be better to have her executed.
  9. Even quilting? Then I'm in and I choose this one:[B] 49) Square[/B] I'll have my picture up by the end of the two weeks with my entry for this fun idea you've started Delta.
  10. Congratulations everyone! All of you did such a beautiful job! And now it seems that it's time to decide just who will be on the remaining teams. I have sent each of you a pm with how I think the teams should be arranged and who should go. I've included my thoughts as to why I came to the decision I did. Once I hear from each of you how you think we should do it and we come to a final choice I'll post our team decision in the thread for Sandy.
  11. Ah, so many things that put me into a good mood. Gardening - Whether it's to maintain existing flower beds or to plant new flowers. Or to work in my vegetable garden. I love working outside with plants. Reading - I love having a new book to read. My day just doesn't feel right if I haven't read something. Mysteries - It's the same as reading, I love watching mystery shows. Murder She Wrote, Poirot, Midsomer Murders and many more. I never get tired of watching them. Music - My day just isn't complete without music. I love teaching as well as playing the piano and organ. And I have a pretty good selection of classical as well as vocal music that I pull out to listen to on a regular basis. And some rock and roll as well. I could easily go on since there are lots of things I enjoy doing that put me in a good mood.
  12. [QUOTE=Raiyuu] Can we use this thread for more than just saying "Happy Mother's Day," please? As far as I know there's only one active mother on OB, so the messages that don't go further than the greeting are a bit wasted. She'd appreciate breakfast in bed more than a message on an anime board, I'm sure! Having said that, here's a US-variety Mothers' Day greeting for Aaryanna_Mom - hope you had a good one and that Aaryanna remembered and everything![/QUOTE]I'm sure there are others here on OB. ;) But you're right, breakfast in bed is definitely much nicer. As for remembering...Aaryanna has always been sweet in that respect. Her along with SunfallE and Mariskah went in on it together and gave me the first season to Dr Who on DVD, so you can guess what I'll be watching later tonight! SunfallE may not be my daughter, but she's always been sweet too. And now that I've probably embarrassed all of them enough, as for my most memorable Mother's day...It's hard to choose, there have been so many. I would have to say the one about two years ago when I was stuck in the hospital after having surgery. So many people came down and spent the day there with me. From the moment I woke up that Sunday till I went to bed I had company all day long. And more flowers than I knew what to do with. Which was great since I love flowers. :catgirl:
  13. It was strange to look at his reflection in a mirror and to see someone else looking back. Once Daniel was on board William's ship the doctor had immediately made minor modifications, changing his brown hair to a dark red as well as removing the treatment he had on his eyes so now he had silver eyes once more. Even his voice had been slightly altered, giving it a deeper tone. The other changes to make his facial features different were equally as strange. With hair that went partially down his back and the fancy outfit that only the wealthy wore, he felt like an idiot. At least no one would recognize him. Hell! Daniel didn't recognize himself! With everything that had been done, it would take a complete genetic test to identify just who he was. Daniel just shook his head and left the restroom in his quarters. It was a pity that he could not have done the same for Sara or Glen. They could change how they looked, but not what they were. Even if simple scans did not identify who you were, they did identify what you were and there was not getting around the fact that they were from Earth and not a member of the Versilan race. It still bothered him that he had been required to leave them behind, especially Sara. Daniel put it aside as he headed for the conference room just off the bridge. In a few weeks they would be arriving in sector one. Infiltrating the area in an attempt to not only gather information but to see if it was possible to retrieve both Jason and Celestia. He entered the conference room, William already seated and waiting. But as he took a seat Daniel wondered why they were even going. He just didn't see a way for them to be able to do anything. Security was unbelievably high and just getting into the area was a risk.[I] I hope William knows what he's doing[/I] he thought. "[B]Daniel,[/B]" William said the moment he had sat down, "[B]Before we get started, there's something you should know. I just got an update as to what's going on in sector one. I'm sorry, but Kim's scheduled to be executed in two days. Long before we will arrive.[/B]" Daniel didn't even bother to hide the tears. "[B]I'm so sorry[/B]." William said once again. Angrily Daniel brushed the tears aside, "[B]Don't be, she knew the risk when she joined.[/B]" William nodded. "[B]Anyway, I am sorry if it sounds cold, but we don't have much time and there's a lot to go over before we arrive in sector one. For starters you've told me that you've already gone over the information of your new identity. So I want you to repeat everything to me right now.[/B]" Daniel did as he asked, reciting everything he had learned and then answered questions when William proceeded to grill him on the knowledge. After a couple of hours they were finally finished. Making Daniel feel as if he had been run though a marathon. Then when they were finally done William moved on to the next part. "[B]Now, I'm sure you've been wondering just where we will be staying. It's simple, I've arranged for both you and I to be staying on Reflection.[/B]" "[B]What?[/B]" Daniel asked. "[B]How can we possibly afford that?[/B]" William smiled, "[B]We can't. But my alternate identity can. I've been setting one up with a William who is an investor, one who coincidentally got lucky, making him wealthy. I've been careful to keep the money from that venture clear of any resistance involvement.[/B]" He cleared his throat and continued. "[B]But now that lucky investor is searching for a wife, one to share his wealth with and you, his long lost best friend are being dragged to Reflection with him while he pursues the perfect woman.[/B]" Daniel groaned. "[B]Tell me your kidding.[/B]" Giving William an irritated glance when he laughed at him. "[B]I'm serious. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.[/B]" "[B]Of course it is, but then the wealthy are pretty ridiculous at times. Reflection has always been a spot where idiots gather, thinking that the atmosphere somehow makes finding one's dreams possible. The place is loaded with idiots and you and I will fit right in.[/B]" Daniel just groaned again. "[B]I thought it was mostly an artist community.[/B]" "[B]It's that too, artists from all over travel there to study, just as there is a thriving tourist flow as well as idiots with more money than they know what to do with. But most importantly is there is a thread of politics there, as quite a few officials from the home world like to socialize on Reflection. Attending the elaborate social functions since many of those fools, including members of the High Council, enjoy flaunting their power.[/B]" "[B]So that's why you have me dressed like a complete fool.[/B]" Daniel finally said. "[B]Exactly, since we will be attending those social functions, and believe me, I already have agents working there, you'd be surprised at the information one can get on Reflection. Anyway, that brings us to the next part of preparing.[/B]" "[B]And that would be?[/B]" Daniel asked, clearly confused. William laughed. "[B]Teaching you how to behave like one who is wealthy, you're far to honest and blunt. Trust me, you've got a lot to learn.[/B]" Daniel just stifled another groan as William started again. This time on all the silly social behaviors among the wealthy. As well as all the manners for things like eating, dancing and more stupid rules than Daniel would have thought possible. [I]Good grief[/I], he thought, [I]and I thought some of the wealthy on Earth were idiots. They don't even come close![/I]
  14. My list is rather short since I've seen so little anime. But out of the three shows I have watched and enjoyed I am collecting two of them. The first being Fruits Basket as I enjoy that show. I've gotten the first couple of disks and I believe there is one more. I've already seen it but I want to get the rest to have on hand since I really enjoy it. I love all the character interactions with Yuki and Kyo and their constant arguing as well as Shigure and how he torments his poor editor. And Tohru with her friends, who I can't think of their names, really make the whole series fun to watch. But probably some of the things that make me laugh the most are Haru and his 'black' moments. The other one on my to buy list, is any DVD from the Case Closed series. I love mysteries and the way things are zany in this with Jimmy being [spoiler] turned into a kid [/spoiler] is fun to watch. And the way he has to return to grade school and gets dragged around on occasion with the other kids is hilarious . I also like how the show really requires you to pay attention to figure out the mysteries. So as long as they keep releasing this, it will be on my 'to buy' list.
  15. [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange] So naturally I immediately tried putting a lot of character into Liam, which is why it pissed me off that he died so simplistically :mad: Dammit! After all that typing, lol! And as for Ambellina, I think I lost track of her just a bit. I wanted to emphasize that her team was supposed to be really strong and prevelant, but it didn't stop her from dying before we ever go to see her powers... [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Ouch! Seeing that I wrote up his death. As well as Ambellina's.[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange'] Then, of course, there was Deoky XD. What's funny about this is that every single bit of the way he turned out was not how I intended him to be. If I had gotten there quick enough he was going to be someone who teamed up with the others in the interests of escaping, but was really short tempered and might have killed one of them behind the others back (though now we know he did so to quite a few). I would have never guessed him a telepath, and Id've made him a sword-wielder. The minute that first post with him in it was posted, though, I knew I was ******. No one was going to drag that evil bastard through to the end. [/COLOR][/quote]What's also funny is other than the part about bending others minds, I never expected others to make Deoky such a powerful and evil guy. lol And even though he died in the end, he was terribly fun to use in a post. ;) So fun that in the end I couldn't think of a good way to kill him and settled on making poor Lara get caught in a trap. I lack the horrific and gruesome writing skills that the rest of you have. So even though he didn't make it out, he was to me one of the most memorable characters in this game. Now as for my thoughts on the game. Even with the unexpected stuff, and yes it completely surprised me that it ended up having sex in it. Anyway, even with all that [spoiler]and that horrible post by Aaryanna no less! Sorry I'll get back on track here...[/spoiler] going on, compared to the other game, which was fun to read by the way, it just went deeper than I expected. Some of the first deaths were rather anti-climatic but the further along it went the more moving it got since the characters starting taking on personalities. Even the evil Deoky, his death though brief was supremely ironic, to have been killed by the consequences of his own evil actions. If Clavis did not win I was hoping for either Andrew, Eflair or Davis since I liked those three the best after my own characters that is. So I like how it ended since it I thought Eflair's sacrifice was beautifully done. So like 2007DigitalBoy...Thank you Rachmaninoff for taking Sandy's original idea and doing it again with a different setting, different rules and most of all those fun creation and dual death cards. And I loved how you kept everything a secret from the other players, making it harder to know just who was still in the game. Or rather which character belonged to each person. Other than Deoky, I was starting to think that he was your character 2007DigitalBoy, since your posts were always so full of battle, gore and conflict. Anyway, that was fun! :catgirl: Even if I didn't win, so congratulations indifference!
  16. [QUOTE=Epitome][size=1][color=orange]I realized just recently that in approximatley 5 months I will be off on my own. No one to watch over me, no one to tell me what to do, no one to wake me up in the mornings to get to class, [B]no one to make me food[/B]. I will be alone. I need guidance. I am the type of person that if someone doesn't really force me to do something, I probably won't end up doing it. The guidance and help of another person to stay on task is crucial for me. That is why I am probably one of the only kids my age freaking out about going to college. [B]I don't even know how to do a load of laundry yet[/B].[/size][/color][/QUOTE]I am long past the age of attending college for the first time, but I can advise you of this much. If you are still going to be home for five months, go to you mom and ask her to show you how to do things like a load of laundry, ask her about simple cooking and planning meals. It isn't so much a matter of needing guidance since it sounds like a lack of experience as far as doing certain things. Knowing how to do things like that will make the college experience go a lot smoother in the long run.
  17. [COLOR=DarkRed]It was no surprise to Kth'ya Mr'cere, Commander of the invasion fleet that had been sent to conquer Earth, that they arrived only to find that both the greedy [COLOR=Green][B]Lolloths[/B][/COLOR] and the bloodthirsty [COLOR=Orange][B]Argrs[/B][/COLOR] had come as well. The [B]Merceri[/B] had been steadily gaining influence and power in the known galaxy and had she been in their shoes she would have done the same. Moved in to take the prize in an attempt to thwart their efforts. But the [B]Merceri[/B] like always would be victorious. It did not matter that the [COLOR=Blue][B]Titanic Army of Humankind[/B][/COLOR] was massive, they would be no match for their wit and cunning, nor for the powerful fleet under her command. Though not as powerful as their flagship the [B][I]Mercenary[/I][/B], the rest of the battleships under her command were more than enough to deal with Earth. No the real trouble would be keeping an eye out for treachery on the part of the [COLOR=Green][B]Lolloths[/B][/COLOR] and the [COLOR=Orange][B]Argrs[/B][/COLOR] who would happily stab them in the back. Kth'ya was still waiting on her immediate crew to gather information. They had already been issued a warning to leave this region of space by those who lead the [COLOR=Blue][B]Titanic Army of Humankind[/B][/COLOR]. Kth'ya had laughed in their faces. As if they could order her around! Not a chance. She had coldly informed them to prepare to answer to her orders and then cut the communication. Though until they were ready they were keeping their distance from Earth, close to a red planet they called Mars. The other two invasion fleets doing the same, staying close to Earth and yet keeping their distance from the others. For now that is. As her crew worked on preparing the final touches for how the invasion was to be done, Kth'ya analyzed the strengths of their rivals. For now they were no threat, but once battle begun, they would have to watch their backs. It would be just like them to wait until they had defeated the enemy only to attempt to move in and seize the prize by attacking them while they were tired from battle. It was how both Cia'ryst and her assistant Gin'av had died. They had been caught by surprise. Kth'ya continued reading the information the ships scanners were getting, she would not be caught off guard in battle like Cia'ryst and her assistant Gin'av had been. And when the battle was done. Her and her crew would stand victorious. [/COLOR]
  18. I agree with Anomaly, mixing the names up would be fun so here's my new profile: [B]Name:[/B] Kth'ya Mr'cere [B]Gender: [/B]Female [B]Age: [/B]35 [B]Special Skills:[/B] Good with different types of laser/disruptor weapons as well as heavy equipment for ground assault [B]Description:[/B] Kth'ya is about 5'5 with green hair and grey eyes. [B]Personality: [/B] Ruthless and determined as she is the Commander of the forces sent to conquer Earth. Though to her own kind she is loyal and kind. [B]Short Bio: [/B] Though a bit young Kth'ya became the Commander of the conquering forces when their previous leader Cia'ryst and her assistant Gin'av were killed in battle. Determined to prove her worth as well as honor the names of those who have fallen, Kth'ya is continuing their original plan to overrun the [COLOR=Blue]Titanic Army of Humankind[/COLOR] in order to dominate Earth. A move necessary for the proud [COLOR=DarkRed]Merceri [/COLOR]as they are threatened by the greedy [COLOR=Green]Lolloths[/COLOR] and the bloodthirsty [COLOR=Orange]Argrs[/COLOR] who seek to claim the prize for themselves. And there you have it. I'm going to work on a post and just leave your names a bit vague until I have more. But it seems to me that it's time to get this twist going. ;) And I hope the other players do not mind but I intend to set the stage so to speak.
  19. [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Also as my post indicates, the restriction on killing has been lifted. There are no more switch cards and each one of you has a death card to use. There are five players and six characters remaining since the 'baby' doesn't not count as a character. And now that the restriction is gone the more lethal traps that were dormant are now active, meaning that things just got a whole lot more dangerous in there. ;) So let the mayhem and killing begin as any and all characters are now fair game![/QUOTE]And now that I have eliminated a character there are only five characters and four death cards remaining. And I'm sure it was a given that I wouldn't kill the infant. And since it doesn't count as a character I didn't see a need to. :p So now that the final rounds first blood has been spilled, well other than the Maze, it's time to see just who is left standing. *pokes the other players*
  20. Andrew was still torn, part of him was screaming at him that the baby was a monstrosity, one that had to be Deoky's twisted offspring and yet as it lie there helplessly he could not seem to bring himself to kill it. He had spent his life learning to wield the sword that so one day he could be a part of the force that protected the King of the country he was a citizen of. Devoting his time to becoming the best, something that he had achieved since before he had been dragged to this hellish place he had finally earned a spot among the royal guard. But even then, in all that time he had never harmed an innocent. It was one thing to do battle against evil or an opposing country's military, but a true warrior did not kill a civilian. It was part of why he had pushed himself to become the best, to make sure that he would have the skill to discern between foe and friend as well as in battle should the innocent be involved since cowards often hid behind those who could not defend themselves. He was still wavering when his senses told him something had changed, something that was dangerous. Andrew could almost feel the hairs standing on the back of his head. As if to confirm that thought the strange female voice he had heard several times since coming here spoke. "[B]Subjects Andrew Whitaker, Clavis, Davis Henderson, Deoky Shilos, Eflair Shishinn J?nea and Lara Servas, the observation period is over, termination of your fellow subjects is now possible.[/B]" "[B]What?[/B]" Andrew asked, confused. Hadn't the voice already told them they had to kill? What did it mean by termination now possible? And hadn't there been another person? Alden something? "[B]Alden Courtney has failed the observation period and has been erased. Any other subjects who fail will also be erased. Level two traps are now engaged.[/B]" And then the voice was silent. "[B]Damn![/B]" Andrew swore. Not that he cared that Alden was dead since in his opinion the man had been pathetic, but even he understood the implication. This damn place was going to make sure that they all died. If they didn't kill each other it would kill them. More than anything at that moment he wanted those behind this hellish place dead as he felt rage as he had never felt before. He turned back to the child that was still lying on the floor sleeping. If the Maze was going to make sure they all died then he did not have to kill it. Andrew put his sword away and started to move back to Lara who was starting to stir. Before he had taken a step he heard the sound of a trap releasing. Instinctively he jumped up catching the edge of a platform and pulling himself up seconds before massive spikes came up from the floor. Helplessly he watched as Lara was ruthlessly impaled before she was even aware that something had happened. Andrew turned away, sickened by the blood. He could have sworn that there were no traps there. But then the voice had just said more traps had been engaged. [I]Hell![/I] Then when he heard the spikes retracting, leaving the floor looking as if nothing had happened, other than poor Lara who was now quite dead. He was surprised to see that the infant had managed to survive. It was small enough that it had fit between the spikes, sheer luck sparing it's life. Andrew turned his back on the gruesome scene. There was nothing he could do for Lara and he had no intention on risking his life to save something he had considered killing. From his vantage point on the platform he looked for movement. Regardless of what had happened, he still intended to kill Deoky. He would rather die than allow evil such as him to escape this terrible place. [CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1192/03ri6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]
  21. [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I guess that's the disappointing thing. I wish people would stand up for what they believe in, despite adversity. I hear you, but [i]not even half of America votes in the Presidential election.[/i] It doesn't take radical activism to register and cast a ballot.[/size][/QUOTE]I wish it as well, but it's not always a good thing for some people, especially if you are in a family that is very divided when it comes to political issues. ;) Believe me, political stances can tear a family apart if you let it. Also, it is sad that so many people do not even bother to vote. And I'll admit that it is annoying to hear some of them whine and complain and yet they don't even try to be a part of the process. :rolleyes: I just try to save my getting on their case until they are a little older and can actually vote before I tell them to put a sock in it. ;)
  22. [quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]I'd say that with your creativity you're doing a pretty good job yourself and correct me if I'm wrong but some of the style or rather nature of how you've been writing up Deoky has me wondering if you've read Mercedes Lackey's fantasy books since though they are different the way you handle villains is similar to her style. Though Deoky seems to be far smarter than Falconsbane and a couple of the other major villains in her books ever were. ;)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Thank you, and you know now that you mention it, Deoky is like those blood path mages in her books isn't he? I have read them, but it's been a while. I had forgotten that they get their power from the pain and suffering of others as well as cruelly torturing and killing them. o_O [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Well seeing that three of you are against having the baby count and Aaryanna_Mom is fine with what you guys decide, the question of the kid counting is decided. The baby is not a contestant. So I leave it up to your sick and twisted minds as to what happens to the infant. ;) [spoiler]I'm predicting that 2007DigitalBoy does the poor thing in.[/spoiler'] And now that that has been cleared up I believe that this:Is now answered. So unless someone beats you to it, you can have Andrew respond in what ever fashion you think he would. [/quote]Oh dear, that kid's a goner. If 2007DigitalBoy doesn't get the kid, someone else will. Though it won't be me. o_O Though in spite of that I too am quite curious to see just who finally walks away.
  23. [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]That's really the weakest rebuttal to inaction ever. The threat of unpopularity should not deter anyone. Again, I point to the Civil Rights Movement and the protesters who utterly disregarded their personal wellbeing to protest. If we are afraid of being hated or hurt, then why bother standing for your opinion? Very true, but that doesn't excuse people to just take the path of least resistance. Perhaps I mean to capture the spirit of civil disobedience and I'm just not communicating that well enough?[/size][/QUOTE]I disagree, not everyone is able to stand up to others openly mocking them or threatening to do horrible things to them. I was trying to point out how such a thing makes it harder for people to want to fight for what they believe in. And who are we to judge what is and isn't an excuse? And path of least resistance? Things aren't always that simple. Not everyone can devote their time to fighting for what they believe in. And on some level it is unfair to expect everyone to be passionate about the government all the time. I understand what you are saying, but it still comes across as blaming people when we can't prove that if those who were indifferent actually weren't would have made a difference in the long run. In the end I think you are reading too much into DB's teenage angst if you will. ;)
  24. [quote name='Retribution][size=1']Congratulations. People like you are the reason we're still in Iraq. You see, apathy towards government is equivalent to tacit consent to government actions. If you don't speak out against it, then you've also got a blame to shoulder.[/size][/quote]I know you already responded to the others, but telling teenagers who openly admit that they no longer care, something I would imagine in part is due to feeling powerless to really make a difference, is not exactly going to inspire them to want to feel involved. Because in the end, people like 2007DigitalBoy are not the reason we are in Iraq. It's placing blame on someone who really isn't to blame. We are there because those officials we elected to office made that decision. A decision that is quickly becoming one that the general population no longer supports. I could understand your argument a bit better perhaps if he was a grown adult who could vote and had a better opportunity to make a difference. But even if youths can speak out, in the end those in charge make their choices regardless of what the youth says or thinks. [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I guess I feel frustrated that today's youth feel they un-empowered. Youth have made up some of the most powerful movements, sometimes when they were too young to vote. The US Civil Rights Movement, for instance, was largely supported by young people. I don't [i]think[/i] I said "If you're not with us you're against us" and I apologize if you took me to mean that. I mean to say... if you're not saying "That's not right," then at the very least you're not doing anything to change it. And yes, people without a vote can inspire change. Sorry for the rambling/rant.[/size][/QUOTE]But that's just it Retribution, telling the youth that it's [I]their fault[/I] we are in Iraq is far from helping them to feel empowered or that they can make a difference. It's making them feel like the older generation is blaming them for problems and issues that have been around long before they were even born. The current issue may have happened while 2007DigitalBoy was alive, but that region has had serious issues for a very, very long time. Also some of you are forgetting the sheer opposition those who did not approve of the war got from their fellow intolerant Americans when we first went over to Iraq. Even here in Utah, rallies where others gathered to protest and speak out against the war when it first began were literally attacked by other Americans who were for it. It got ugly on the University campus close to where I live as people bought eggs and showed up for the sole purpose of egging those who had gathered, attacking them for not approving of the war. Requiring the law to get involved to avoid a riot. Things like this are bound to make anyone feel like giving up and walking away since it's intimidating to have an opinion, voice it and be attacked by others for daring to think different. As for the actual topic. I wish they would pull out since I was never really for it to begin with. And I am sorry to hear that it was vetoed. Even if the timing is off, we still need to quit trying to police other countries.
  25. Eflair was holding Lara's baby when the blue light took her, she tried to hold on to the infant but it fell to the floor and then she was standing before Deoky, who was enraged. Startled she stepped backwards only to fall as she was too close to the edge of the platform she had materialized on. Eflair was helpless to stop her fall, cringing at what would happen only to be surprised when strong arms caught her. To her relief it was Clavis who set her down. "[B]Stand behind me child.[/B]" He ordered. Eflair moved behind him and looked up at the sound of a horrible shriek of rage. Deoky had jumped off the platform and was headed their way. His hands in front of him as he prepared to blast both of them with his power. Her heart frozen in fear Eflair clung to Clavis's robe. [I]He'll kill us for sure![/I] She thought with despair. But then to her shock as well as Deoky's he hit something between them and the force knocked him backwards. [I]What happened?[/I] But a moment later she realized that Clavis was shielding them, protecting her since she could not fight like he could. Deoky was on his feet in an instant, charging them again, slamming into the shield between him and Clavis and Eflair. Intent on shattering it, recklessly spending his power as he could sense the terrible drain it was for Clavis to use it. Once he broke it they both would die. A few minutes later he could feel that Clavis was about to collapse. "[B]You're no match for me fool![/B]" He cried. "[B]No shield is beyond my power to break and when I do I'll kill Eflair first and then rip you to shreds![/B]" With a cruel smile he gathered his power once more, sensing that his next strike would break the shield Clavis had raised. But when he hit it was only to be thrown back in surprise. Deoky barely had time to register that Eflair had somehow managed to give her power to Clavis. And in the brief moment he was down she had rushed him! Eflair had wanted to leave this place alive, but she had also vowed that she was willing to die to take Deoky down. When it became obvious that Deoky was going to overpower Clavis something inside her snapped, she didn't know how she did it, but she threw her power into Clavis and then when Deoky was momentarily stunned she rushed him, intending to use the most terrible of healing techniques that she had learned. The one where when it was beyond one's ability to heal, they would take the remaining life force of a person and drain it, freeing the dying person from their pain and suffering. She had never used it, ever. And even among her people it was rare as most died peacefully in their sleep. Heedless of the danger she grabbed Deoky entering his foul mind before he could realize what was happening, taking his life force from him. But before she could finish with a cry he pulled free and shoved her back into Clavis and then took off while the two of them were knocked down. Hastily Clavis pulled free and got up but Deoky was gone. "[B]Thank you for your assistance.[/B]" He told her as he helped her stand up. "[B]But if I may ask, what did you do to him?[/B]" "[B]I tried to take his life force from him.[/B]" She said and then hastily explained when Clavis looked shocked. "[B]It is what we do for those who are beyond our healing power, we release them from their suffering.[/B]" "[B]I see,[/B]" Clavis said. "[B]It is a pity that you were not successful.[/B]" And then as they started to head towards where they thought the others were, Eflair explained all that had happened since they had been separated.
×
×
  • Create New...