Ha ha, I agree with you COMPLETELY F.O.Y. I was starting to think that maybe I was the only one who felt this way!
Yes, this show was really good when it started. It had an interesting plot and interesting characters, but does the series REALLY have to go on that long?!? :animeangr I used to really like this show, and look forward to watching it every week. I used to even like the characters. Now I just find them annoying and the show is just really boring. Nothing happens. They fight a bunch of demons and Inu Yasha damns them all to hell; they can't defeat Naraku. Miroku strokes a bunch of ladies' butts and Sango gets jealous, but they can't defeat Naraku. It is VERY monotonous. :sleep:
It's such a shame that I feel this way about it, because I used to like this show so much! I think this series should have been over long ago. They could have compressed this series into, like, 50 episodes and it would have been great and probably very compelling the whole way through. Stories can't go on forever. They have to end.
I think they did a pretty lousy job with the relationships too. It was pretty good at the start when it was just Kagome and Inu Yasha, but, I mean, does anyone ever REALLY have any real feelings for eachother? It just seems like they fight a lot and there's no real depth to it at all. Granted, Sango and Miroku DID [spoiler]get engaged[/spoiler], but they really don't seem very affectionate towards eachother... And the Inu Yasha/Kagome/Kikyo thing is just ridiculous.
It seems like they just CAN'T kill off main characters in this series. I mean, not like it's a GOOD thing to kill off main characters, but it does add a lot of emotional depth to the show. Kikyo just can't die, it seems. SHE'S ALREADY DEAD! WHY IS SHE STILL AROUND! I mean, it's the same thing with Naraku. I know they're powerful and everything, but if you've been that gravely injured so many times, and you have so many people out to get you, it just doesn't seem realistic that they can just keep on bouncing back! Yup. I think these people must be afraid of change, because nothing major has happened for a LOOONG time. :animesigh
Yes, I think this show should come to a conclusion as soon as possible. :rolleyes: