Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Roxie Faye

Members
  • Posts

    981
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Roxie Faye

  1. [color=#9933ff]R2vq, I hope I'm not imposing any further on your con-fun at Anime North. I just found out one of my favorite fanfiction authors is going to be cosplaying at Anime North, though (@_@). If you happen to see him, could you get a picture? He's going as this guy (on the front page): [url]http://firey-heaven.net/schuldig/[/url] but with green hair and panda ears. ...Actually, he may look like the green-haired bandanna guy in [url="http://www.kekkai.org/wkcorner/manga/schwarz-casual.jpg"]this pic[/url]. (These characters have too many outfits!!!) Grr. Ah well, once again, don't kill yourself to find them. If you see them, you see them. Ya don't, ya don't. Thanks muchly anyway. I already adore you for offering. =)[/color]
  2. [color=#9933ff]*jaw drops* You would get a picture for me if you saw them?!? OMG! *hugs r2vq* ^_^ [quote name='"quote from person cosplaying"']I will be attending Anime North in May! Look for my cosplay as Mission!Omi on Friday/Saturday and Side B Mission!Chloe on Sunday and say hello![/quote] "Mission!Omi" is probably this picture: [url="http://bombay2008.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/omi01.jpg.w300h294.jpg"]Click![/url] If you don't see this person at all, don't worry. "Mission!Omi" is sort of vague, since he has three mission outfits, but I'm not going to worry about the other two. *shrug* "Side B Mission!Chloe" entails: [url]http://www.hopeforlorn.net/images/Talithax_Chloe_card.jpg[/url] Ohmigosh, thank you so much, just for offering, r2vq! ^_^ [color=DarkGreen]I made the the URL a link so it wouldn't distort the site anymore, hope you don't mind. [/color][/color][right][color=DarkGreen]~Raiyuu[/color] [/right]
  3. [color=#9933ff]OMG I HEART YOU TOM TOM!!!!! ^_____^ Yes, yes, we won again. And this time I was on the team. And we all went to the national competition in HAWAII!!!! It was AWESOME!!!! Kinda lazy right now and I don't really want to explain all the details or talk about how much FUN I had (!!!) but maybe later when I'm more motivated.lol. =)[/color]
  4. [color=#9933ff]Hey, White! Welcome to the con scene. =) I'm jealous that you're going to Anime North; the person who runs hopeforlorn.net (Weiss Kreuz anime site -- I'm totally obsessed) is cosplaying at Anime North. Wish I could see the cosplay. >_>; Er... ^^; Anyway, I hope you have fun! I'm sure it'll be great. =D[/color]
  5. [color=#9933ff]Your tie matches her dress! Cool. You look handsome, but she does look gorgeous. Actually, you both look really good together. ^^; Prom is, officially, 1 month from now (@_@) dear god, and I don't even have a dress. Hoooboy. I'm making my dress this year, but... x_x *has not had time to work on it* If I can get this stuff together in the next couple weeks, I'm really going to have to go dress shopping. What I've heard about prom is what you make of it. Who you're going with as a group (catty bitches or cool cats?), what you're planning to do afterward (get plastered [at the Jersey shore 'round here], or go to a comedy club in NYC?). While we're still scrambling to find a couple more people to fill our table (and saying it can't be this or that person because they're X and Y's ex-b/fs, and it can't be this person because Z hates her), I like the group we're going with so far. And we're going into NYC afterward I think (?). I can't wait for it all. P.S.: KW - your dress is AMAZING! I hope your prom goes well.[/color]
  6. [QUOTE=Chaos]I joined a day before 9/11...with similar results to the stability of the board. ...Good God, what am I doing posting? I'm supposed to be lurking. The number one fad on OB? Find a rival, eat him, get banned. At least, thinking back, that seems to be the fad, seeing as how many times it has happened. *shrug* *tilts head* Am I famous or infamous? Hmm. I shall muse on that for a while.[/QUOTE][color=#9933ff]Chaos! *Glomp* Have not seen you in a while! You be missed when you lurk. >_>; The fad you brought up makes me laugh, and unfortunately, it's true. lol. And I think you're both famous and infamous. But if I had to absolutely pick only one, I'd go with famous. You're pretty cool. :cool: [/color]
  7. [quote name='Charles']Also, I own the theOtaku network and OtakuBoards--although I am in the market to sell it. PM me with an offer.[/quote][color=#9933ff]Careful now. Someone new might actually think you're serious. ;)[/color] [quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']2. There are several popular members and it changes over time. The name "Juuthena" probably doesn't ring too many bells amongst newer members which should be a good indicator of how trends change over time here given how much of a cult she had.[/color][/quote][color=#9933ff]Juu! Oh man, you're right -- a testimony to the changing times. >_>; Hmm, about the actual questions Hylian asked: 1. There aren't really any fads going on right now (Whoever said that "signature marriages" were popular clearly wasn't here at the time that I was spurred to create the OtakuBoards family tree due to how many people were related to each other). The only real fad, I think, is the OB Anime Event in the Community forum. Check it out if you like. =) 2. James is probably the one famous member who hasn't changed over time. As the big cheese in charge (with a lot to contribute, to boot), I can see why. Other than that, popularity comes and goes, and I mean that for everyone. There was even a time when a certain crazy white boy was *shock* not [i]as[/i] popular as he is now. ;) 3. Let's see, I joined in Feb. 2002 during v4 (the dark, scary skinned v4). Holy ****, that means I've been here for FIVE years! *cries* @__@; I'M OLD!! NOOOO!!! ;_; [/color]
  8. [color=#9933ff]Hey! I just got back from beauuuutiful Hawaii, and Kawaii-con! It's a pretty small con, but that just meant I had more time to spend with VAs, and less crowding in the dealer's room. ^_^; And Dragonboym2 - Travis Willingham is SO hard to get a hold of! Really! He was supposed to be at Kawaii-con but he left early. My friend (who loves Roy) was upset. Of course I got pictures with Vic (Yay!), but another person who was a LOT of fun to meet was Michael Sinterniklaas who was very nice to the NJ native (me!) - he works in New York, actually. =) He was really a lot of fun. I was such a dork but he was still sooo nice to me. ^_^; Next con up - Otakon! [/color]
  9. [color=#9933ff]Well, I'm going to Hawaii on Tuesday (*massive GRIN*). It's not exactly summer - spring break, really, but it's still traveling, and it's totally cool!! My Summer plans begin with Graduation, Project Graduation, and getting my diploma!! And four days later, I'm off to ITALY for two weeks! Our group is going to Rome (including the Vatican, which I'm excited about), cities in Tuscany, Florence, and Venice. =) It's going to be awesome and I can't wait! When I get back, I'll be working the rest of the summer in a doctor's office (the same place I work now). I'm going to go down to Baltimore for Otakon, though. ^_^; And then at the end of the summer I'll be heading off to college. *tear* I can't wait, though, to move in! I'm going to decorate my room with my signed D'espairs Ray poster, my laminated Hyde print-out (it's massive!), and wall stickers. ^__^ Oh, and to whoever is going to Washington D.C., I'm sure you'll have a great time! My mom and I (who both love museums) had a field day going into the Smithsonian museums. =)[/color]
  10. [color=#9933ff]Oh! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to Hawaii on the 24th, for a national academic competition. Our school team won first place in the state Academic Decathlon, so we're going to the nationals!!! But I'm going to be there over that weekend, and on Sunday I'm going to Kawaii Kon. Let me know if any of you are planning to attend!![/color]
  11. [color=#9933ff]Sephy! *squeal* ^__^;; (*does most definitely remember you*) I have to say the sock I wear the most is the classic white sock, double rolled. I have been interested for a long time in wearing the "mitten sock" (you know, with flip flops, Japanese style), but have not yet found a place where I can buy such a sock. >
  12. [color=#9933ff]I'm with Sandy - she's gonna get hurt anyhow, but the best thing to do is to be gentle, to be honest, and yes, for the love of God, do [i]not[/i] use the phrase "it's not you, it's me." Ultimately, that's what every rejection comes down to, but you don't have to say those words - and you shouldn't, because they suck. The only other piece of advice is this: please, please, don't stop talking to her. Don't over-think this and say "oh, well maybe she needs some time away from me," or even "I'm uncomfortable right now so I'm totally going to IGNORE my friend!" There's no excuse for avoiding the girl after you confront her. If [i]she[/i] doesn't want to talk to you, she better tell you so, otherwise it's not your job to figure that out. If you think about it, avoiding her afterward will only give her the impression that you despise her or something (which, clearly, you do not). Act normal; [i]maybe[/i] give her a day or two (OR TWO, *[b]not[/b]* seven >
  13. [color=#9933ff]Wow! This sounds pretty cool, and thankfully does not take a brain surgeon to compete in (*hugs*), so I'll all happy. I'm in! * dances*[/color]
  14. [color=#9933ff]I've thrown up a couple of times from not eating. It is NOT a pleasant feeling. One, because you're dry heaving, or throwing up the last thing you ate (i.e. if you ate at 10 AM and it is now 11 PM, it's really icky throw up). And secondly, you're trying to eat something so you won't throw up, but your stomach is still making you throw up, so you'll start eating a half digested cracker, or a plate of food, and then throw [i]that[/i] up. (Last time it was pasta with spinach and mushrooms that I was throwing up. >_
  15. [color=#9933ff][b]PAKU ROMI[/b]!!! How could I forget her? V_V;; I've seen her as Edward in FMA, and she does an awesome, awesome job on that. I really think she gets across a lot of Ed's sarcasm and emotional displays ("Fuzake Na!). The other reason I like her is because she's also done the voice of my favorite bishounen hottie Ken Ichijouji. And by the way, that woman can SING! I can't imagine how hard it is to sing a ridiculous 1950s Rock-and-roll song in the voice of Ken Ichijouji (it's such a painful genre for a series like Digimon), but she really pulls it off.[/color]
  16. [color=#9933ff]VA/ Seiyuu appreciation!! YAY!!! Sometimes I feel like these people don't get enough credit (especially some of the more wonderful English VAs, who get swamped by elitist "subs only" fans), so I'm all happy now. [b]Takehito Koyasu[/b] is my all time favorite seiyuu. His voice is really deep, distinct, striking, passionate, [i]sexy[/i]. He's voiced so many different anime roles it's ridiculous. A fan of Weiss Kreuz once told me that whenever her husband's watching a new anime and she's using the computer or something, she'll be sitting there and suddenly say, "There's Koyasu" because he's in so many different animes. >_> His full list of credits can be found [url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=662"]here[/url], at anime news network's encyclopedia, although some of his more notable roles include Zechs Merquise (the hottie from Gundam Wing), Hotohori from Fushigi Yuugi, Sakano from Gravitation, and Aya Fujimiya in Weiss Kreuz, his own project. There are also just certain shows that have stellar, stellar, seiyuu casts. Despite it's ridiculous plot with as many plot holes as there are people in New York, [b]Weiss Kreuz[/b]'s list of seiyuus are incredible. The four main roles, including Koyasu, feature the voice talents of Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation (Tomokazu Seki), Urahara from Bleach (Shinichiro Miki), and Clotho Buer from Gundam Seed (Hiro Yuki). Two of their nemeses are Treize Khushrenada from Gundam Wing (Ryoutarou Okiayu) and Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing (Hikaru Midorikawa). They're all exceptional at what they do. I think I've also gushed enough about the voice talents of Ouran High School Host Club, but they also work so well together. Everything is perfectly splendid. On the English side, my absolute favorite voice actor is [b]Derek Stephen Prince[/b], who has done the voice of my first anime love/bishounen, Ken Ichijouji from Digimon 02. He has done a lot of Digimon roles throughout the four seasons (he played Veemon and did combined work with Paul St. Peter as the Jogressed Palidramon WHILE playing Ken Ichijouji). My other favorite Digimon role of his is Beelzemon in Digimon Tamers. Voicing a Digimon is not easy, but he did a fantastic job of displaying all of Beelzemon's emotions - frustration, anger, sorrow. I am absolutely THRILLED that he is also the voice of Uryuu Ishida in Bleach. Yes, I absolutely enjoy hearing his voice every Saturday (Sunday). ^_^ As cliche as this may sound, I really, truly love [b]Vic Mignogna[/b] as Edward Elric. During some of the last episodes in the Lab 5 arc, there was so much emotion in Edward's voice as he [spoiler]pleaded for the life of the prisoners, and for his brother[/spoiler]. It was then that I truly fell in love with FullMetal Alchemist, and with Edward Elric, and I know that it was solely because of Vic's voice. And of course, I'd just like to mention [b]Stephen Blum[/b] - that guy's awesome at whoever he plays, 'nuff said.[/color]
  17. [color=#9933ff][size=1][b]1: What changes (if any) do you think the forum structure needs?[/b] Oddly enough, I always thought the rationale for putting the Anime and Manga section first was because originally this whole shindig was pretty anime related. We've kinda gotten away from that, so if you wanted to re-organize them based on what [i]is[/i] "important," go right ahead. I barely use most of the forums so it really doesn't matter to me. *shrugs* [b]2: What new sites would you add to the OB Network?[/b] OMG!! Review site!! I love whoever said this. I want one!! It would be really great if I was allowed to contribute somehow. Aside from music, creative writing is one thing I'm [u]actually[/u] good at, and I would love to be able to put up my own reviews of stuff. [b]3: Should OB Network provide a free hosting service to members for their own personal sites? If you have your own personal site, would you consider having it hosted by OtakuBoards?[/b] No. As they say, I have a bad feeling about this. I'm currently envisioning a lot of clutter and scary personal sites of people who don't know what the word [i]asthetic[/i] means. We already have myO, I don't see a need to host people's sites. ^_^; [b]4: Comments/Suggestions[/b] Can we have another skin? Something fun, like orange or green. Or just something *pleads* where the color/shade of gray does [b]not[/b] exist. Gray, though an interesting neutral color, is actually kind of depressing sometimes. Why not use a soft yellow (or soft orange) as an alternative to gray? On the monitor size question - I USE 800x600!!! Primarily because my mother's eyes are old and she needs things to be bigger, but I actually don't have a problem with 800x600 and I don't want to change it. James: I might just kill you if I have to resize my monitor every time I want to use Otakuboards for my personal use. >_< Community Events - Can we make it a rule that you can only have like... 1 massive RPG community event per year? (or less) I hate RPGs as community events and for the record they suck on including the community. And I kept trying to find a way to say this during OtakuIdol 2, but my tongue kept getting tied. Come to think of it, I think I was actually afraid to say it during then, considering the things people were saying to each other. *shrugs* Jukebox? That thing's still here? Either color it in bright pink or get rid of it. Personally, I'd get rid of it. You have a really, really cool collection of midis, but I'm just not sure anyone actually listens to them. Any jukebox listeners out there? I personally don't care where you post your responses to all of this, I'd just like to see where you're headed in light of our suggestions. =)[/size][/color]
  18. [color=#9933ff]*nods with BlueMoon* Totally! I just kinda needed the answer, even if it was in the negative, you know? [quote name='Raiyuu']Shame on you IM / phone people. Those ways just lead to misunderstandings, because you can't read the person's face or body language. Plus, they scream to the person you're asking, "I'm too socially inept to ask you in person!"[/quote][QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I see your point, but I'm not really sure how much body language you need to read to decipher the hidden meaning of "I really like you, will you go out with me?" As for the whole socially inept thing, I think it depends on everyone's specific situation, and largely you're right. It could mean more you're nervous, you can't get time alone with them to ask them, or you're socially inept. I'm glad she asked me this time around though. :p[/size][/QUOTE] Both of you make good points. My original response to Raiyuu was just that he was pretty out of my league, and it would have been really difficult for me to say it face to face. Besides, when was I going to find time to [i]talk[/i] to him in the first place - we only have one class together (gym)? As an excuse for my own actions, I also thought that IMing gave him a good time to respond, and to respond in the way he really wanted to, instead of something on the spot. I mean, I gave him enough time to come up with a really creative way to say "I'm not interested." ;P To the person who advised not [i]directly[/i] asking "Will you go out with me?!?" I asked him, "Would I ever stand a chance with you." Which, now that I think about it, screams of social ineptitude and lack of self-confidence, but I figured it was a good way to put it, at the time. >_>;; Not that I mean to hijack the thread, but what do you do if you've asked said person out, they said no, and then completely, and totally ignored you. Completely and totally. I was standing LESS than a foot away from him today for a good twenty minutes, and he just completely ignored my presence. And as a side note, I kinda had a revelation a couple days ago that there were certain things I wanted from him, and not enough that I was willing to give back, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway. >_
  19. [color=#9933ff]*Blinks at your username* O_o; I thought you'd changed it or something! I dunno what happened. *goes back and edits first post* But yeah, I meant yours, BlueMoon. And yeah, I was also trying to emphasize the physical masks. If I hear one more time that Duo Maxwell is wearing a mask for all the world, I think I'll smack someone. -.-; Delta - haven't heard of those examples except GW and YnM, but I'll take your word for it. GTK - the rabbit mask!!! I completely forgot about that one! (And I'm such a big Count Cain fan. >
  20. [color=#9933ff][size=1]*grins insanely* IM! Seriously. AOL Instant Messenger. I was half expecting him to say yes, half expecting him to say no, which he did (say no, I mean), but it was alright. It was one of the happiest 1.5 hours of my life. =) The question I asked, "Would I ever have a chance with you? ;)" That way if he laughed in my face (figuratively) I could feign jest. >_>; To be honest with you, though, if he hasn't shown [u]any[/u] signs of liking her, he's probably not interested. Teenage boys are ridiculously transparent with their feelings. I read in a critically acclaimed advice book that even though women have changed, become more assertive and more equal to men in the workforce, politics, etc., [u]men[/u] haven't changed a bit, and prefer to ask women out, rather than have a woman ask them out. But if she still wants to ask him out, go ahead. I did - I needed the personal confirmation that it wasn't going to happen. ^_^;;; And yes, if she does ask him out, she REALLY, REALLY needs to be prepared for rejection, because, unfortunately, the people we usually like just don't return our feelings in the same way. Think about a random kid in your grade. Imagine he has a crush on you, but you don't return his feelings. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, or with him, right? It's the same thing - there's nothing wrong with her crush (unless she likes a bad boy, in which case she needs to stay AWAY from), and there's nothing wrong with her. It's simply what happens. *shrugs*[/size][/color]
  21. [color=#9933ff]I was recently perusing the Otaku Lounge when I encountered BlueMoon, whose signature includes a banner of Syaoran and Sakura from Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles. Syaoran has this weird mask thingy on his face, and it reminded me of the masks that the members of Kryptonbrand wear in the new Weiss Side B manga (published only in Japanese, in the Zero Sum manga anthology, although it's been serialized now. Scanlations are also available at hopeforlorn.net). Here's a link to a side B gallery, so you can see what the heck I'm talking about: [url]http://hopeforlorn.net/sidebgallery.html[/url]. The similarity in the masks kinda got me thinking about masks in manga (okay, and anime, but my two examples were manga). While not exactly popular, it's certainly not unheard of. What mangas (or animes, I suppose....) do you know that have characters who wear real masks? (*coughBleachHollowscough*) What do you think of artists who use masks in their mangas? Pointless or purposeful? For example, I think the Side B masks, while really cool looking, are pretty pointless. The men (yes, they're ALL men) are supposed to be assassins, but I think the masks actually attract attention to them. Not to mention, if you're running around London wielding a Katana you've [i]named[/i] after your sensei, you're gonna be conspicuous. >_>;[/color]
  22. [color=#9933ff]It's funny that everyone keeps mentioning a sword cane, because it keeps reminding me of a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_Gun"]cane gun[/url], instead, which I first encountered in the Victorian-era manga "Godchild," in the arc with the pseudo-whore. (honestly, pseudo-whore - not kidding!) Apparently they still make modern cane guns too, maybe? - for all I [strike]know[/strike] don't know about guns. :D[/color]
  23. [color=#9933ff]Sadly enough, I know nothing about guns (except anything I've ever read of Wikipedia), and I'm convinced that the recoil would knock me over or something. So er, a gun of any kind would not be a my weapon of choice (though owning an old fashioned revolver just for kicks would be amusing...). I suck with all weapons, which is why I wish I could magic to get myself out of a dangerous situation (yes - wizards, witches, all that good stuff). If I lived in a world where I didn't suck with all other weapons, I would love to use a crossbow (okay, or a regular bow) to shoot people from afar. And/or hit them with poisonous/sleeping darts. I'm inspired to use those weapons by Omi Tsukiyono from the anime Weiss Kreuz, and Legolas, from LOTR, who's crazy amazing with a bow and arrow. Katanas are cool as hell, and I wouldn't mind wielding one, but damn, they're awfully messy. *_*[/color]
  24. [color=#9933ff]No offense, honey, but he seems inconsiderate, IMO. I don't know if I would classify him as a jerk, per se, but definitely inconsiderate. I don't mean to burst your bubble, or sound cruel, but regardless of being a jerk or not, it just sounds like he doesn't like you. If he liked you, I think he'd be more responsive to what you've been doing for him. I know it hurts a lot to think that he doesn't like you. I [u]know[/u] how that feels, and I'm sure everyone else on this board knows how that feels, too. But what's the alternative to thinking he isn't interested - making excuses for his behavior? How good can that be? If you need to know whether he's interested or not, talk to him, but be prepared for either answer, yes or no. And you know what? If he doesn't like you, please remember it honestly has nothing to do with you. Most of the time the person we like doesn't like us in the slightest (again, I know the feeling). You sound like a sweet, attractive, considerate person, and you deserve better than someone who doesn't care for you.[/color]
  25. [color=#9933ff][size=1]Because I was extremely bored out of my mind, I googled the word "Otakuboards" and I got a lot of really, really bizarre results. Among them: [url="http://obclone.proboards55.com/index.cgi"]Otakuboards Clone[/url] - A clone of Otakuboards (though I would think that the whole board was in jest, poking fun at other boards *wink* that have imitated OB in the past...) [url="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103534"] Vote for your favorite Board - vBulletin Board of the Month May, 2004[/url] - Will you look at that, OB nominated as favorite board of the month in 2004. [url="http://werewolf-song.livejournal.com/profile"]LJ profile of an old, long-gone member[/url] - ZOMG!! It's devidramon's LJ profile!!! Holy crap!!! He's like my idol... and I found his LJ by googling Otakuboards! :eek: [url="http://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ob"]Wikipedia in Slovak[/url] - the disambiguation for the letters "OB" in Slovak, one of which cites Otakuboards. (Funnily enough, I didn't encounter the English version of this page through googling Otakuboards, although it does exist - just replace the "sk" with "en") Among the entries I also found plenty of referrals to Otakuboards on tons of sites. OB was also mentioned on a couple of foreign language pages, including Japanese, Spanish, and Russian. It also looks like OB was requested on a Chinese proxy server, although I could be misinterpreting that entirely. I don't expect some deep, intricate discussion on any of this, but I couldn't resist sharing some of these funny results (okay, especially "OB Clone") with the real members of OtakuBoards. =) ~Roxie[/size][/color]
×
×
  • Create New...