Corey
Members-
Posts
2330 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Corey
-
[size=1]Now I'm not usually one to believe the hprrble stories of government owned facilities until I experiance them firsthand. The Milwaukee, WI courthouse is an evil place. I had to wait in line with a friend to get a ticket dropped because someone stole his license plate for over three hours. I believe people after that, about the courthouse at least. Post offices aren't much better. The people are too anal about stamps. Any kind of stamp. Ink. Paper. You name it. They won't mail your package without it. Two weeks ago I went to the DMV to get a State ID. I thought it would be better to go through an airport with a state ID rather than have to use my school ID. I went in there with a certified copy of my Birth Certificate and a bank statement. They explained to me that i needed a photo ID issued by the state or something akin to that to verify I was who I was. GAH!!! I'm trying to egt a frickin' ID! Why would I have one if I am trying to get one!? *gumble* So I finnaly got a straight answer that my Dad could come in and verify I am me, and have dubbed that place one of the final circles of Hell. Anyway, any of you have bad experiances with the DMV?[/size]
-
[size=1][i]Sorry for jumping out so fast when I just got back, but I'm going to be gone to New York until Mondayish. Please keep the sotry going. I'll post the landing when I do get back if there's been enough roleplay during my absence.[/i] ??? Allen and Gabriella walked slowly through the doors. The gel had already gone liquid as opposed to it's normal semisolid, and the man's face was slightly more dicernable. Allen had enough time to think why they hadn't thought to identify the man before they blasted off. Or why they had decided to keep him on board... [b]Allen-[/b] "Oh you sneaky bastards..." Gabriella looked at him with a surprised look on her face. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "What?" Allen turned to face her as the last of the resusitation fluids pumped into the man. [b]Allen-[/b] "Don't you find it a little weird that we decided to keep an unidentified person on board the ship? I do." He walked over and peered through the plastic pod. "We're already being effected by whatever is out there on Deimos. They played a trick on our minds from millions of miles away..." [b]Gabriella-[/b] "My God... I didn't even think we were dong anything wrong." [b]Allen-[/b] "I know. It's ok. We'll handle it soon." The pod hummed to life and began warming the fluid, regulating the mans body temp. "He'll be up soon enough." Five minutes later the man crawled out of the pod on all fours, obviously groggy and rather disoriented. Allen and Gabriella helped him into a sitting position. Gabriella stepped away and grabbed a tranquilizer gun. She cocked it with professional deadliness. [b]??-[/b] "Who... Where am-" He stopped his words and stood quickly, attempting to run out of the room. Allen watched him stand and motioned for Gabriella to do nothing. The man fell flat on his front, his legs refusing to work after such a long sleep. Allen and Gabriella helped him into a sitting positio, again. Allen crouched in front of him. The man was attempting to hide his face. [b]Allen-[/b] "Who are you?" The man looked away, hands covering his features. Allen slapped him hard. "Who are you and why are you on my ship?" He was an older man. The reminent of a military build still clung to his close to naked body. Gray hair colored his hair. "Answer me now, or you'll die." Allen pulled a small service pistol out of his belt. He cocked it and pointed the barrel at the mans head. Slowly, the man turned and dropped his hands. "What. The. FUCK!" Allen quickly unloaded the gun, feeling his control beginning to slip, and tossed it to Gabriella, throwing the clip to the other side of the room. "What in the name of GOD are you doing here Rawson!!!" Admiral Rawson straightened up and attempted to stand. His legs buckled and he sat back down. [b]Rawson-[/b] "Did you really think you were coming all the way out here without some kind of proper governmental observation, did you?" [b]Allen-[/b] "What were you doing snooping around?!" [b]Rawson-[/b] "I wanted to know more about General Ambrose's coma-like state. I was to report anything unusual back to central intelligence." [b]Allen-[/b] "Sabotage. You were sent to sabotage us." Rawsons face did a mock-fall. [b]Rawson-[/b] "Please Captain Chubbs, give me a little more credit than that. I love Earth as much as you. I don't want to see it destroyed." [b]Allen-[/b] "Gabriella, we're going to escort Mr. Rawson to the brig. He will remain there for the remainder of this mission." Rawsom opened his mouth to object but Allen quickly grabbed another tranquilizer gun and fired a round at him. He went limp and fell to the floor off of the bench. "Let's go." They both hooked an arm under his armpits and tugged him across the floor to the brig, which was, of course, on the next level up.[/size]
-
[size=1]Allen watched the remaining crew members saunter in. The SEALS all walked in at the same time, all in stride and took their seats at the back of the room. Allen looked everyone over quickly. He glanced at Van and he nodded. Allen stood. [b]Allen-[/b] "Ok. We're a day or so away from Deimos. Even though we slept for a long time, everyone needs to try and sleep tonight. Everyone needs energy." He pulled up the display and brought up the slideshow he had made. "This," the screen switched to a diagram of the Deimos colonies, "is Deimos 001 and 002. I've showed you this before. This," a section started blinking red, "is where we'll be landing and entering the colonies. Corbin?" [b]Corbin-[/b] "Yes sir." [b]Allen-[/b] "Four of your team will take point and three will take rear. We will be in the center, weilding a couple of automatic pistols and maybe a rifle or two." Corbin nodded. "We will make our way to the crew quarters, here, and quickly search for survivors. The Hubble II had discerned that there are some human lifesigns. They're not sure where. The readings are being refracted somehow, but if there are survivors they would probably be there where there are weapons and food stuffs." He swtiched the screen to a wide shot of the first complex and the tunnel leading to the second. "The tunnel is possibly caved in. It's made of a tritanium alloy, but that doesn't mean it's unbreakable. Corbin, your demolitions expert might have some work." Corbin nodded to a female member of his team. [b]Corbin-[/b] "I have full trust in Five." Allen nodded, surprised at the sudden numerical designation he had been briefed about. The NG-SEALS were elite. The numerical designations were for efficiency and to show who held seniority over whom. [b]Allen-[/b] "Good. We touch down in under fourteen hours. Be at the docking hatches in thirteen and a half. That's all." He stood up and motioned for Gabriella to follow him out of the room. They both stopped in the hall. "We have less than ten minutes until he wakes up. Let's go."[/size]
-
[size=1]This is not dead. I'm currently having some telecommunications work done near my house that is disrupting the phoneline and therefore my internet connection. It's probably going to be a little while, but I will post the briefing when it's all better. And please don't get discouraged. The RPG will continue.[/size]
-
[size=1]Majin, you are accepted. However, Pro, you are not. Your grammer and spelling are sub-par to what is expected in this RPG. A glance at the prior signups would have made that clear. I'm still looking for one colonist.[/size]
-
[size=1]Allen let the steaming coffee course down his disused throat. It felt good and relieving. The perfect thing for after a nice long stasis session. He had fought a bit with the drink machine. All it wanted to dispence was de-caf coffee. Nasty stuff... It took nearly ten minutes of coaxing, during which he had dressed and injected himself with a muscle-building enzyme. His legs had began working almost immediately for the enzyme was made to target only atrophied muscles. The vending machine had finally accepted the fact that it was ok to dispence caffinated beverages, and Allen had, a little heatedly, sat down and began sipping the monotonous mug of coffee. A small knock woke him from his slight doze and he looked up, taking another sip of coffee. It was Gabriella. He set his mug down and motioned for her to come in. The door closed behind her. [b]Allen-[/b] "Can I get you anything?" She shook her head and took a seat on another chair. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "What's this about?" Allen shifted slightly in his chair and looked at her. [b]Allen-[/b] "It's about our little hitch-hiker. He'll be revived in..." Allen checked his watch. "About an hour and fifteen minutes. I want the two of us plus NGS Corbin to be there when he wakes up. We need to talk to him a little bit." She nodded. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "So this is going to stay between us for now?" [b]Allen-[/b] "I'm going to announce it during the briefing and hope the SEALS don't freak out." Gabriella smiled and stood up. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "Well I'm going to go." Allen nodded and stood up. He walked her to the door, a very short walk, and watched her leave. [b]Allen-[/b] "See you soon." She gave him a wave and walked on toward her room. Allen watched her go with a little tug at his heart. No, he couldn't let it happen again... He'd lost the one he loved on the last one. He wouldn't allow himself to love, or even like, until he was home...[/size]
-
If the elections were held tomorrow, who would you vote for?
Corey replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]It's probably because when the light hits him right he looks like a walking corpse, Siren. There's another topic. Neither of our candidates are especially attractive, and neither are their kids (the Bush daughters look like female carbon copys of their dad), but there has been a lot of focus on that. The anti-Kerry ads always make him look gaunt and sickly, not that that's hard. The anti-Bush ads always make him look kinda like a monkey, not that that's hard. But there is still focus on it not matter how much people don't realize it.[/size] -
[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Derrick O'Connell [b]Age:[/b] 32 [b]Rank:[/b] Freelance [b]Origin:[/b] Ireland [b]Call Sign:[/b] Chamleon. [b]Description:[/b] Derrick has jet-black hair, pale skin, deep green eyes, and always wears some piece of his kilt. It doesn't matter if it's a bit on the inside of his pocket, he won't go on a job without a piece of family heritage. Derrick stands at about 5' 11", 150lbs and extremely thin. His bodysuit and vest fit him like a glove. [b]Bio:[/b] [i]Will edit when home from school.[/i] [b]Special Features:[/b] Stealth training. [b]Weapon:[/b] Standard issue- Assault Rifle, Tranquilizer Gun, Claymore Mines.[/size]
-
If the elections were held tomorrow, who would you vote for?
Corey replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Chibi, your husband, like every other person [i][b]JOINED[/b][/i] whatever branch he's serving in. If Gore would have been president and he had gone to war/aided in cleanup efforts, your husband probably would have been going then too. A lot of the Iraqis do want us there. And I absolutely do not approve of leaving them in this still semi-broken state of affairs. I do agree with you on the Partial Birth Abortion and tax issues, but I'm sorry to say I belive your other arguments are flawed. I'm not much for judging candidates on any of their campainging or their mudslinging commercials. I've always been for the democrats because of their being more liberal. Republicans are a little uptight for me. The one thing about Bush is he allowed the Homeland Security acts to be implemented. They undermind basic rights outlined by the constitution in the guise of national safety. It is wrong. I also have a personal thing abot people unable to speak properly in public whose job it is to publically speak, but that's personal. By the way Chibi, Nader lost his parties nomination. He's not running.[/size] -
[size=1][i]Ok, so I'm appologizing again for the lack of forward momentum. It has been taken care of. ??? ETA to Deimos Colonies: One Day Injecting Level one resesition fluids into stasised crew. ... ... ... Level one resesitation complete. Heart rates rising. Temperature rising. Injecting Level two resesitation fluids. ... ... ... Resesitation complete. Estimated time until all crew are awake: Thirty Minutes Estimated time until unidentified human is awake: Ninety Minutes[/i] ??? Allen stumbled from his pod and carefully sat down on one of the steel benches near the lockers. He rested his elbows on his knees and hunched forward. The jello-gel dripped from his head in half congealed streams. He was slightly sick to his stomach and his leg muscles felt slightly atrophied. This was one of the worst parts of space travel. Goddamn gel... He spit a bit out of his mouth and walked shakily over to the shower area. He turned on the water and stepped out of the way to let it warm up a bit. He was the first up, again. It seemed his body didn't like stasis. The pods sense when you become conscious and drain the gel from the pod, leaving you standing, or sometimes slightly slumping in the tank. [b]Allen-[/b] "One day away..." He stepped into the water stream and removed his skintight shorts, cleaning the gel from every nook, cranny, and crevice of his body. "Disgusting..." His voice cracked from disuse. Allen finished rinsing himself off and wrapped a towel around his lower body. He dried his face and looked around the room. A few of his crew were up, along with two or three SEALS. "Hey, anyone who's up tell everyone else to meet back in the briefing room in about an hour." He looked toward Gabriella. She was still in her pod. "And someone tell Ms. MacGuire to meet me in my quarters before then." A few eyebrows were raised at this, but Allen walked awkwardly out before he could see them. "Coffee sounds good..." He began walking toward his quarters.[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Allen-[/b] "Now Gabriella." He switched off the com box and walked over to his own pod, ready to jump in. [b]Almost everyone[/b] was now in suspended animation, except himself, Gabriella and Jako, who was just coming into the room. Dispite the four of their empty pods, there were seven other empty ones. Allen had one quick moment to question them when seven NG SEALS walked into the room, striped off their gear, stowed it away and walked into their pods. It took them under a minute. Their commander, Corbin, walked up to Allen in his pod-wear. [b]Corbin-[/b] "Allen Chubb?" He nodded. "NG Corbin reporting for duty. If you don't mind, I'll just join my men." [b]Allen-[/b] "By all means." He smiled at the man and motioned toward an empty pod. He went in and was almost instantly submerged in gel. Gabriella walked in and began changing. Jako stepped into a pod and gave Allen a peace sign as it filled up with the green liquid. "MacGuire..." She looked up at him and nodded. Both of them, dressed in the skintight wear of the pods, went out into the hallway and walked a little ways down it. [b]Computer-[/b] "Ten minutes until liftoff." The two of them made their way to a small closet and dragged the limp and unidentified man back into the secondary pod room. USAF had built an extra for any survivors they might find. Allen propped him up inside of one and filled it with gel. He programmed the tank to open one hour after theirs were set to. With a nod, they both returned to the main pod room and stepped into their own. allen had time to think of the stuff filling the pod as jello before his mind shut down and he was place in stasis. ??? [b]Deimos Colonist 1-[/b] "My God! What is that!?" [b]Colonist 2-[/b] "I don't know... But I don't think it's safe! Run!" They ran down the corridor, something scampering in close pursuit behind them. "To the tunnel! The connection tunnel!" The first made it through the hatch and watched as the other was dragged back by the head. A loud scream was heard and finally a lifeending crunch. He slammed the door and layed down on the floor whimpering.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]I hope you don't mind Bill.[/i] ??? [b]Andrus-[/b] "I'm not completely sure when," barely steifling an if, "we'll be returning to Earth. The mission is pretty far out." He scanned the room again, taking in the faces of his senior officers. "Anyone else?" Allen shifted in his chair. [b]Allen-[/b] "Yes, actually." He shifted again, propping his chin on his hand, elbow on the table. "You said that that was all you knew." He winked at the Captain. "So why should we ask questions? We now know everything you knew, so now we are just as informed as you are." Andrus took this into consideration, then smiled slightly. [b]Andrus-[/b] "Baroner I presume?" Allen nodded. "Yeah, I was warned you were a bit of a smartass." Allen did a kind of hat tipping gesture and smiled back. [b]Allen-[/b] "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." A few smiles broke through the officers, but not as many as he was hoping. [b]Andrus-[/b] "Yes. Well then, if there aren't anymore questions I guess you can all take your tour of the ship and your stations before we leave." He looked around. "Dismissed."[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Allen-[/b] "...what are you talking about." Allen and Ana had already gotten Van into one of the pods. It had filled with an odd green semi-solid, obviously some new kind of GR-Gel (GravityRisistant-Gel), and had hardened around him, beginning to maintain his vitals for the trip. He had stripped to the waist, his upper half bare but his lower still clad in the black jeans he'd donned in the morning. The room wasn't exactly cold, but a shiver worked it's way up Allen's spine. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "I was coming here and I saw someone in the medical bay... It wasn't one of you. I'm... I'm sure of it." Allen walked over to his locker and grabbed his shirt. He threw it back on with thoughts whirrling through his head. He went over to a small and extremely inconspicous locker and motioned for Gabriella to follow. [b]Allen-[/b] "Almost everyone is here. A few are not, but none of them are over in the medical bay section." He opened the locker and handed her a small pistol. "These fire stun bullets. The bullets bounce off the skin but inject a tranquilizer that immediately knocks out anything on earth." He grabbed one for himself and cocked it back. "If you see anyone, shoot. I'd feel better shooting one of our own than leting someone else roam free." Allen looked around the room. Those that were not yet in stasis were staring. "Go back to your prep. We'll be back in time." No one moved. "That's an order." They walked out of the door, heading for the medical bay.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]Wow Kane, that was awesome.[/i] ??? Allen walked into the gel pod room. Van was already stowed away, and the rest of the crew had just entered into their pod of choice. Allen looked around, counted off crewmembers on his hand, and walked into his own gel pod. He typed up the commands to start up the gel tank. It hummed to life around him and a large burst of greenish powder hit him square in the face. [b]Allen-[/b] "Ahhhh!!!" He pressed the emergency release button and stumbled from the pod wiping at his eyes and gasping for fresh air. He got his breathing under control and walked up to the defective pod. He kicked it. "Damn machine..." Allen walked over to another one and stepped in. He punched up the start commands again and breathed a sigh of relief as the tank started to fill with a greeish semisolid. [b]Allen-[/b] "Whew... At least this one works. Allen held his breath as the stuff covered his head. He waited for the normal tingling sensation hat signaled his soon to be stasised state. It didn't come. He opened his eyes to see nothing but green all around him. He panicked and opened his mouth, some of the stuff seeping in. Allen stopped and chewed. He screwed up his face and ate a little more. The tank opened and spilled him out onto the floor. "Jello!!!"[/size]
-
[size=1][i]Just as a heads up, DragonsBlood is no longer with us. The supervision of his death has been given to Raiha.[/i] ??? Ana's voice roared across the comm system. Allen shot straight up from his restful horizontal postion upon his bed. He was up and moving before he even realized his body was cold and sweating. He raced down the hall, knocking over Jako as he exited his room. He held up a hand signifying appology and Jako nodded furiously as he got up. Allen bounded into the medical bay and fell to his knees at Van and Ana's sides. [b]Allen-[/b] "What's going on?!" Ana shook her head. [b]Ana-[/b] "I don't know! I just came in here and saw him like this!" Allen flipped up Vans eyelids to reveal nothing but whites. He checked his pulse, slow but regular. His skin was cold and clammy. [b]Allen-[/b] "Ok... Ok..." Allen ran a hand through his hair, which was just beginning to grey at the roots. "Ok, help me lift him onto a bed. We'll scan him and see what's wrong..." Ana lifted his shoulders and Allen his feet and they postioned him on a bed. Allen pulled out the scnning device and moved it over Van's head, the blue beam reading every synapse of his brain. A few seconds passed by and a small window appeared on an adjacent panel. It read... "Coma. Fiures." Allen typed in a clarify command, tbu there was nothing to clarify. "Shit... Comas are still as mysterious as they were a hundred years ago..." [b]Ana-[/b] "What can we do?" [b]Allen-[/b] "We can move him with a levi-bed to the gel tanks. We blast off in half an hour..." Allen walked over to an intercom as Ana pulled a levi-bed out of a closet. He pushed the talk button. "Everyone, this is Captain Chubb. Please make your way to the gel tanks. We blast off in thirty minutes and counting." The two loaded Van onto the levi-bed and floated him down the corridors to the stasis room.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]OOC: Mmmmm... Peppermint tea...[/i] ??? Allen stepped off of the transporter pad a little weary. He'd never really liked the things, even though they were completely safe. He hoisted his bag over his shoulder and walked over to the ensign operating the controls. [b]Allen-[/b] "Ummm... Turbolifts?" She smiled. [b]Ensign-[/b] "To the right sir." He nodded thanks and exited the small room. The corridors all looked the same no matter what ship you were on. Grey with the occasional clump of color from a control panel. He sighed as the turboifts came into view. He'd been looking forward to a nice bit of vacation after the last incident. Maybe a trip to Canada or Risa. He walked into the lift and watched the doors close. [b]Allen-[/b] "Ummm..." He looked at the doors, realizing that he didn't know where his quarters were. "Ummm... Computer... Allen Baroners quarters." The turbolift hummed to life and moments later he was looking out of an open door. He blinked and walked through, noting the deck. With a shift of the weight from his bag, Allen made his way to his quarters where he'd be spending a hopefully uneventful few months.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]September Thirteenth of 2003, circa 12:05 pm[/i] The minivan I was riding in is struck by a white pickup from the left side. We are in the right side of an eastbound highway with no median strip. Our minivan loses control and crosses the median. The cruisecontrol being engaged, my mother with leg disabilities is unable to slow the car down. We slam into a Lincoln Navigator at about 60. He is also going about 60. Several injuries occur, but no deaths (Drix, you'll appreciate just how rare that is. Six people in a headon crash at a total of 120 mph with no deaths whatsoever). A series of extremely depressing and lifeshattering events occured in the next few minutes, including [spoiler]hearing the screams of my mother who suffered a total of a dozen breaks in both of her legs as she is pulled from the twisted hunk of metal and plastic that used to be our minivan by paramedics that couldn't seem to be able to find the morphine, the cries of my sister as the sits there with a shattered upper mouth (months of braces and reconstuctivce dental surgery follow), and the thoughts that tumble from my mind as I keep thinking "It's just a dream, wake up Corey. Wake up. It's not fun anymore. Just wake up..."[/spoiler] I was transported to the ER and there I layed for five hours, not knowing if any of my five family members were ok or not. After I gave my statement to the cop, I was given my glasses to put back on. When I did, I found that my vision was horribly impared. Everything was extremely spotty (not something that was there before). It turns out that when we crashed, my head hit the side window I was next to hard enough to shatter it without any outside trauma. I had a medium concussion and damage to my visual cortex that is never going to heal. The spottyness has gotten better, but it's not gone. Imagine the five people you are closest to. Now imagine not knowing if they're alive or dead for five hours. Imagine the emotional stress you'd go through. Now fastforward twentyfour hours [spoiler]when you see your mother in another ER with giant rods screwed into her leg bones because they're not going to cast her shattered legs. They want to do surgery, but before they go in there and put the bones together one shattered piece at a time, they need an OR. And all of those are currently BUSY! So imagine what it feels like to see your mother in a drugged haze, barely realizing who you are, with gigantic traction rods in her body.[/spoiler] Go ahead and try. I'm sure many of you will fall far short... EDIT- I just re-read what I wrote... Sorry if that offended anyone. Some wounds don't heal. I guess I needed to vent...[/size]
-
[size=1]Oh man... This had to be one of the best summers I've ever had. Most of my best memories probably came from the days spent just lounging around with my girlfriend watching movies and not watching them. One of the freshest memories in my mind is last week Wednesday when I threw a party for my best friend at my house for his 17th birthday. We had cake, great food, great music, great movies, great gaming, and excellent company. We dragged him outside and soaked him with the hose because he wouldn't let us give him his seventeen punches. It was very funny. Then we all got into a wrestling match and I broke my glasses (and have been wearing my perscription sunglasses every waking hour since), but it was a most awesome day. Later in the evening we ordered out for pizza and played a game of strip Candyland. What a great day.[/size]
-
[size=1]Signups have been re-opened for two positions as Deimos Colony Colonists. I will be accepting two people. In your bio tell why and how you ended up in the Deimos Colony (one or two) and what happened right before people started murdering eachother. Don't be too detailed considering no one knows exactly what's going on yet. [b]Name:[/b] Nothing medieval please. Modern/Postmodern. [b]Age:[/b] No younger than 25. [b]Sex:[/b] Male/Female [b]Specialty:[/b] Communications, Medical, Rescue, etc. Think of stuff a spaceship or rescue crew would need. [b]Bio:[/b] Remember, quality, not quantity. Also work your personality and quirks into it.[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Allen-[/b] "Out." Heads swiveled in the room toward the doorway. Allen was standing in the doorway, the doubledoors remaining open, with his arms dangling at his sides. He was slightly slumped, yet his eyes were alert and dark. The lights cast odd shadows about him, giving the face of the captain an ominous and unearthly look. "Now." [b]Van-[/b] "Allen..." Allen stepped to the side, leaving the doorway open and not allowing the door to close. [b]Allen-[/b] "All of you. Now." Steffanie steped toward Allen. [b]Steffanie-[/b] "I won't allow you to hurt [i]my[/i] patient any more than he has already been." Allen closed the short distance between them in one stride, making Steffanie take a small step backward, his face ending up no less than half an inch from hers. [b]Allen-[/b] "You will leave this medical bay right now or I will personally thorw you off of this ship and ruin your carrer for the rest of your life. I gaurantee you will never work again in anything but a janitorial postiton." His eyes narrowed, seemingly to demolish all traces of white, leaving black slits. "Now go." Steffanie, flabbergasted at such a threat from a usually calm and goodnatured man, walked through the doors, followed by every other person except for Sam, Trini, and Van. The doctor walked up to Allen. [b]Van-[/b] "You hurt him, and you'll have someone else to threaten." [b]Allen-[/b] "I love Trini as much as you... Now leave." Van stared at Allen a moment longer. With a noise of disgust, he left the medical bay. Allen stepped all the way in, allowing the door to begin closing. "Computer seal medical bay doors, authorization Chubbs Omega 19. Unseal for Captain only." Van whirrled around and ran back to the door. [b]Van-[/b] "ALLEN NO!" The door sealed just before he slammed into it, the immediate pounding of his fists no more than a dull thump, his voice inaudible. Allen moved his eyes over to the cringing Sam. His shakes kicked up another notch. [b]Sam-[/b] "Allen?" Allen walked slowly over to Trini. He looked over the medical scans, letting the silence thicken like Liverpool fog. He examined the spots where the ribs were broken. Two slight breaks, easily healed with a bit of osteo-therapy. Sam sat up slowly and carefully, not removing his eyes from Allen. "She needs help Allen... Without it she'll...' Allen crossed the room quickly, shoving the medical device back into the wall a bit more roughly than he should have. [b]Allen-[/b] "Do you know what you did!?" Sam cringed away, trying to dissapear into the bed. "Do you know who you ATTACKED!?" Sam stared into Allens firey eyes, oblivious to the truth. [b]Sam-[/b] "Tex... It was Tex... She was resist-" Allen slapped him across the face. [b]Allen-[/b] "It was not Tex! She is DEAD!!!" Tears began rolling down Allens face. He was reliving the moments of her death in his head. Allen grabbed Sam by the shirt and lifted him off the ground. He carried the man across the room, his toes barely touching the floor. "TRINI!! TRINI is who you attacked!!" Allen shoved Sams face an inch away from hers, a firm fist in his hair. Sams face contorted, seeming to be seeing Texs corpse on the table. Allen stood him up and slapped him again, harder, splitting his lip. Sam yelped and sqyeezed is eyes shut. Allen shoved his head back down near Trinis. "LOOK!! LOOK DAMN YOU!!" Sam opened his eyes, a small pool of red collecting on the sheets of her bed dressing. His face contorted again, then cleared. Tears rolled silently down his face, mixing with the blood of his split lip. [b]Sam-[/b] "My God... What have I done..." Allen released his grip and put his arms around Sam. Sam hugged him back, keeping his eyes on Trini. "Allen... I... I..." [b]Allen-[/b] "Sam... It's ok..." He walked him back to the adjacent bed and sat him down. "Don't let it happen again." Allen sat next to him and put his arms around Sams shoulders. "You're stronger than this. I know you are." Sam began shaking slightly. "If it happens again, I'm going to have to prevent you from participating in this mission." Sam nodded furiously. His shakes subsided after a while. "I'm going to open the door. Ok?" Sam nodded, wiping tears from his eyes. "Computer, unseal medical bay doors."[/size]
-
[size=1][i]Jokopoko and Arika, I'm taking over your intros because I want to continue the RPG. Sorry you couldn't get here sooner. Just a note, I probably should have made this sooner, but none of your charachters know barely anything about this mission or the prior one. Basics, that's it.[/i] ??? [b]Marcus-[/b] "I'm Marcus Treming, Ummm... Science officer." He sat down with a bit of a red face, glad to get that over with quickly and painlessly. More important, no one associated him with his fathers corporation, or at least didn't say anything. Gabriella stood next, her posture straigh and her eyes slitted. [b]Gabriella-[/b] "Gabriella MacGuire. Security. Mr. Hendrix and I will be working together to keep you people safe." She sat with a glance around the room, trying to meet the eyes of everyone. [b]Allen-[/b] "Good. Everyone has been introduced. We're all aquainted, more or less. Let's begin." Allen walked over to a control panel and pressed a quick series of buttons. A small transparent viewscreen decended from the ceiling and stopped about a foot off of the tabletop. It lit up with the standard aqua blue of the computer system. "Computer, begin briefing. Start program." The screen faded to black and a small white line began blinking on and off in the upper left. "What you are about to hear and see has been classified as code Black by the InterPlanetray Commonwealth Federation (IPCF)." The line spewed out the transmission recieved by the Sable from Deimos colony. "The message, dispite being ran through a series of filters has been unable to be reconstructed completely. We gather that they're under attack from possibly their own people.' The screen switched from the message to the abnormal Bioscans of the Event Horzion catalogued by the Lewis and Clark, and the Bioscans of the Deimos Colonies. "As you can see, the readings are almost identical. The only differance is that on the colonies, there are areas unaffected. The most prominant areas are the churches. They remain completely untouched by the... 'infection' you could call it. Other areas are also unaffected but no one can tell quite why." The screen shifted again to a topographical display of the colonies and their general orientation on Deimos. "The docking bay is still operational, and that's where we're headed. There is a shaft," the shaft was highlighted onscreen, "that connects the two colonies. It's still operational and remains largely unaffected. Colony 01 is where we're starting. We will search there first, and continue to 02 when we're finished." The screen shifted again to the insignia of the Navy NextGen SEALS. "We will be accompanied by the best of the NG SEALS. NG Corbin leads them. His designation is NG One. His team of seven is given corresponding number designations. They take orders [i]only[/i] from me." He noticed Hendrix's sour face, being denied his own team and having to put up with the NG SEALS. The screen changed again to a picture of Mars. "I know you all might be expecting a quick little search and rescue, and you might be questioning the necessity of such personell as psychiatrists and the excess of doctors. Believe me, we will need it." Allen looked down at his hands. They were shaking slightly. He shoved them into his pockets. "On the first Event Horizon mission the crew piloted a ship that had been fitted with a unique engine. It harnessed the power of a manmade black hole to rip space and travel instantaniously from one pont in the universe to another. Unfortunately Dr. William Weir, the creator of the Event Horizon, could not have possibly imagined what the enigne was capable of. What was made public was that the Event Horizon had gotten to safe distance and engaged its engine. It then went critical and destroyed the ship. That was not true. What actually happened," Allen paused and took a breath, "was that the Gravity Drive, as Weir called it, tore a hole through our dimension and into another." He watched the faces of several of the new crew be covered with disbelief. "The dimenson was one of pure chaos and destruction. Hell, if you will. The ship returned a living being. The Lewis and Clark was dispatched to salvage the ship when it reappeared. The Lewis and Clark was destroyed and the front section of the Event Horizon returned with the remaining crew. Out of the eight crewmembers, three returned, and only one with his sanity at least pertially intact. Their reports of the mission were labeled as the insane ravings of minds under extreme pressure. The engine section returned to the hell dimension. When the Lewis and Clarks blackbox returned to earth, the reports of the 'insane' crew members were taken a bit more seriously when the information stored in the bb colaborated some of it." Allen looked over the room. Sam, Trini, and Van were all looking down. The others seemed to be paying some sort of attention. "It reappeared a few months ago and that's when my prior crew and I were sent to investigate it, again. It reappeared whole, the front section dissapearing from earth and reappearing re-attatched to the ship near Neptune. Before we even got there one crew member was killed and my ship had been damaged several times over. None of them were accidents. The Event Horizon sensed us and began reacting even before we docked. When we did dock, the reactions got steadily worse resulting in the eventual possesion of a crew member, the destruction of the Event Horizon, the deaths of several more of my crew, the infestation of my ship by creatures from the dimension, and the destruction of [i]my[/i] ship." Allen looked around with somber eyes and a slight shake in his voice as his mind whirrled through the memories. "Only the four of us survived." He pointed at himself and the other three. "I don't expect to face anything less than hell itself on this mission. None of you should either." The viewscreen retracted. "Any questions?"[/size]
-
[size=1]Allen looked around uncomfortably from the counter on which he was perched. The introductions were going well, but something was growing in the pit of his stomach. It must be nervousness and aprehension. Another crewmwmber intrduced theirself and Allen shifted, his face contorting with a flare of pain in his abdomen. That sure didn't feel like nervousness... [b]Allen-[/b] "I hate to interupt... But I'm going to have to excuse myself." He hopped down from the counter as a audible gorwl filled the air. He placed a hand on his stomach and started walking towards the double doors. His walk looked odd, like his legs weren't quite working right. [b]Sam-[/b] "Allen? You ok?" [b]Allen-[/b] "Yeah! Oh yeah I'm fine... No problems..." He stopped for a moment, inhaling and exhaling, trying to get control of some unseen force. [b]Van-[/b] "You sure? You look rough man..." [b]Allen-[/b] "No I'm-" Another growl filled the air and Allen shuddered. He began shuffling toward the door. It opened with a hiss and a pop and he quickly made his way through it. Sam, a small smile on his face, got up and peeked out of the door just in time to see Allen make his way into an adjacent room. Allen shuffled through the room swiftly, but had to stop twice. He finally sat down, and lost all control. Sam walked into the bathroom and immediately threw imself backward, colliding with Van and Jako. [b]Sam-[/b] "Jesus Christ! Allen what in gods name did you eat!?" The three of them were laughing hysterically. ??? [i]If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a blooper thread for my RPG Black Horizon. The bloopers don't have to go in any specific order, they can be from any point in the RPG as long as they are funny. If you are going to post here, please write as well as you would in the story. I hope this takes off as well as the RPG has. EDIT- You can also use this thread to ask questions and get feedback.[/i][/size]
-
[size=1]Allen watched as the rest of his crew filtered in through the doors, watched the brief exchange between Van and Ana, not without the slightest tinge of jealosuy, and finally Avlen sauntering in and taking a seat near the back. He smiled. She had broken off from the group almost immediately and was rather pissed to be called back so soon. [b]Allen-[/b] "Seats please. Take a seat." Everyone standing sat down and turned their heads toward him. He hopped off of the couner he had been sitting on and over to a small computer display. He punched in a few commands and walked back over to the group. "Two thing real quick. One, I hope you don't have anything still on the planet you wanted to bring, because the ion drives fire in two hours. Two, this is the briefing. Intros are first. I'm Captain Allen Chubbs. I am the leader of this little expedition, and, from this point on, [i]the highest[/i] ranking officer on this ship." His eyes came to rest firmly on Ana. "No ones order is higher than mine. If you have a problem, leave." He looked over the crowd. No one moved. "Good. Van, stand up. This is Doctor Van Ambrose. He is the second officer of this mission. If I'm not around, his words are golden." Van sat back down and Allen motioned for the intros to continue. He knew he sounded a little harsh, but he had to. He wanted to live.[/size]
-
[size=1][i]Sorry doesn't even begin to describe how bad I feel about not realizing I was up until now... Be assured that a certain part of my body has been pummeled for the idiocity of my mind. That and I assure this post will be nothing less than wonderful.[/i] ??? [b]Corey-[/b] "Anger management..." Corey rubbed his jaw as Christina sat down on the edge of the bed with curled fists and white knuckles. Marshall left silently with a nod. From somehwere down the hall, the priest started up another conversation. He distinctly heard his use the word 'Athiests'. With a final rub to the sore and slgithly swelling area, Corey stood and sat next to Christina. "So what's going on? I was told jack shit and you need to get this off of your chest before you suffocate." She eyes him, slightly distrustful, and slumped over, planting her elbows on her knees. [b]Christina-[/b] "I don't know why they had to get you involved. I can deal with it..." Corey huffed. [b]Corey-[/b] "And a fine job you're doing too. Bandages around you hands. A hospital... A [i]Catholic[/i] hospital. And a frickin' weirdo priest that looks like something from Night of The Living Dead cus' he's so damn drained." Christina looked up at him, anger flaring fierociously, and opened her mouth to send some hateful remark his way. "Oh shut up, you know I'm right." She did shut up, with a bit of resentment on her face, but she knew it was true. "So tell me." He could almost watch the change of emotions on her face. [b]Christina-[/b] "I went out for a few drinkes the other night. You know, maybe hoping to get a phone number or something." Corey nodded. "Well... There was this guy and he was being a huge dick... So I sma-" [b]Corey-[/b] "Smashed a bottle over his head and kicked him into the next room, yeah you were on the news." Christina looked him square in the eyes. [b]Christina-[/b] "After all that bitching about me telling my story you aren't even going let me tell it." Corey held his hands up in surrender and motioned for her to continue. She looked down at her bandaged wrapped hands and glanced up at Corey with a whisper of a smile on her face. "I was on the news?" He nodded. [b]Corey-[/b] "Yeah, said you landed the guy twenty stitches and a night in the emergency room." She actually did smile. [b]Christina-[/b] "Good... Well, I was walking to the door and my hands burned a little. I figured I probably cut into them when I was making a fist or when I broke the bottle, so I didn't really worry about it. When I reached for the door, the pain got a lot worse and blood started pouring from my palms." She started shaking momentarily. Corey wrapped an arm around her shoulders and gave her a hug. [b]Corey-[/b] "Go on." [b]Christina-[/b] "I am, dammit... So I blacked out and then I woke up here." She looked up at him with red, tearrimmed eyes. "They think I tried to kill myself, or at least that's what they thought..." Corey shifted. [b]Corey-[/b] "What do they think now?" His voice sounded false to himself, would she be able to tell? Suicide... Yeah... That fits the bill alright... Christina looked up at him with hurt eyes. [b]Christina-[/b] "You think it was suicide too." He let her go and stood up. [b]Corey-[/b] "I never said that!" She stood up and jammed a finger in his face. [b]Christina-[/b] "You didn't fucking need to. Get out." [b]Corey-[/b] "Wait, Christina..." [b]Christina-[/b] "Get out! Get out! Get the fuck OUT!" He ducked as he pillow sailed over his head. She was reacing toward the lam when he quickly darted out of the door. It collided where his head would have been a second earlier, spiling broken glass and metal out into the hallway. He shut the door the rest of the way and sat down in front of it, shaking his head and mumbling. She kicked the door from the inside giving his head a large knock. [b]Corey-[/b] "Fuck!" He climbed to his feet clutching his head and sat down on a nearby chair. He couldn't blame her... She trusted him and he broke it... He glanced up to see Marshall and a few others standing a ways down the hall. "Hey! Marshall! How about a few aspirin..." He clutched his head and held it between his knees..[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Allen-[/b] "I was getting worried Van." Allen walked up to him and gave him a hug. "Don't do that. I was afraid you'd miss this, not that you'd mind all that much, right?" Van smiled slightly, bur it was a sad and slow smile. [b]Van-[/b] "Part of me want to stay. But I know we need to finish this." Allen nodded and stepped between Trini and Van. He threw an arm around each of their shoulders and started guiding them to the mostly closed hanger door. [b]Allen-[/b] "Well then. Let's go." He removed his arms, and they nstantly fell behind him a bit. He noted it, but didn't exactly like it. "Attention everyone. The remaining member of the crew, Van Ambrose, has arrived." Every head turned towards him. "Mr. Treming, there's a button right on the inside of that door. You're the closest so please do me the honor of revealing the hunk of shit we'll be flying to Mars in." Marcus jumped up, caught a little off gaurd, and quickly went in the man door and pressed the button. Engines hummed to life, pulling the hanger door to one side. At first all that could be seen was a large amount of white metal, what was probably one of the sides of the ship. Allens first thought was that it was bulkier than the Bladerunner had been. He didn't expect a sleek little babe like his had been, but this looked more on the side of a cargoship. The door stopped at the end of its track and the ship was displayed to all. There were four Purple Class Ion Drives in the rear, several manuevering thrusters around the ship, four 'Rail Driver'* turrets, and one hell of a lot of ship. It measured sevenhundred feet long, threehundred wide, and eighty high. It was currently at a fifty degree angle pointing up into the atmosphere. [b]Allen-[/b] "Not bad..." Allen smiled. At least they had something a little more protected this time. The white metal was TriTanium. Strongest stuff yet. Allen looked around at the mostly amazed faces. "Let's take a tour, shall we?" *** *'Rail Drivers' are an adaption of the old fashioned gatling gun. They use miniature explosive-tipped titanium rounds fired at a supersonic velocity to literally tear through anything. The rounds can also be non-explosive or radioactive.[/size]