Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Just picked up "VHD: Bloodlust"! ...and you won't believe where!


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=red]Wal-Mart is selling decent anime now?!

Yep. I'd already seen "X: Volume 1" there and had every intention of picking it up with what little cash I had left...when I glanced to the left...

Yep, I found "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" in the Wal-Mart family section! Not only is it the same wonderful anime that everyone gloats about, this puppy is uncut too! Hope everyone else gets as lucky as me...I believe it was around other titles too..."Escaflowne", "Metropolis", "Akira", and a few others I can't think of right now...

--J.C.


Edit!

Hey! I finally get the "It just dresses bad..." line at the VHD page on TheOtaku.com! lol![/color]
Posted
The only anime I've seen at the Walmart near me is Yuyu Hakusho, Zoids, and DBZ. Guess I'll have to get anime at Suncoast, which sucks because my mom works at Walmart so I could use her discount card.
Posted
ive seen ceres, YYH, metropolis, Akira, and i bought jin roh there, thats it..better check it out..we dont have one near me, aww..... i got these in massachusetts on vacation with cuzzes...
Posted
I've never looked for anime in Wal-mart.... strange. Although I'm actually not surprised you found VHD: Bloodlust. It's not very rare... Even Blockbuster and the little video rental store by me has it... But Genkai said he saw Ceres there....I'm surprised at that. ^-^ Ceres isn't too common... Have to look at Wal-mart sometime, I guess. Ours is a pain, though. They'll have 15 people waiting to check out and 1 cash-register open....
Posted
Target has started carrying some too... I'm not talking DBZ like always lol.

They have had Akira for a while now, and I saw Amitage III there the other day. That's about all they have that I've seen... But hopefully it will get some new people into anime.

The Walmart by me had no anime last I looked, but I was in a rush to get out of there was it was. I hate that place.
Posted
They are selling anime at Walmart and Target now?! About time, there's practically no other stores near where I am in 'ol hickville. I had to resort to buying my anime online. What's wrong with that? Nothing, I can get it real cheap. It's just the wait that annoys me, heh.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai [/i]
[B]i got these in massachusetts on vacation with cuzzes... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][b]I live in massachusetts. :)

I got Akira at Wal-Mart. I was walking thru and saw it for cheap so I grabbed it. I have been finicky about buying anime except at places where their main business is anime because before I found out about uncut dbz tapes, I got the first two trunks saga ones from Wal-Mart and they only sell edited dbz for some reason. Edited DBZ, but Akira and VHD: Bloodlust unedited. I don't even think they have those edited. lol[/b][/color]
Posted
Come to mention it, I have seen quite a few animes at wal-mart. I hadn't even given it much thought. At NIU, we live and breath by wal-mart, so it kinda works out for me. If only I weren't a broke-college kid.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i]
[B]Wal mart huh?
wish i wasnt banned. [/B][/QUOTE]
How...did you get banned from WalMart? o_O

If your talking about Crazy White Boy's (The Great White Frying Pan Man back in the day) list of things to do at WalMart, that was supposed to be a joke, LOL.
Posted
Only way you really get banned from stores anymore is to be caught cheating lol. And even that it's only that specific store, and you can still go in... They just have you flagged :P.
Posted
to easy actually, so many ppl get banned from those stores. well I was actually quite shocked myself, I found Bloodlust, which happens to be my fav except for Akira, and poor me without money. I am waiting for money to come, then I will buy all of the anime movies... But does anyone know where I can get any Angel Sanctuary?
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Wait a minute....walmart.......is.....selling.....good...anime.....? Please don't tell me the world is coming to an end. But, then again, it must be coming to an end if walmart has good anime! God help us!

Once again, the caffiene is talking. I should probably sign off after this.....anyway, i've never been able to find good anime at walmart. I'm surprised. Maybe they've finally realized that dbz doesn't qualify as good anime.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spike speigel [/i]
[B]I'm surprised. Maybe they've finally realized that dbz doesn't qualify as good anime. [/B][/QUOTE]
On the contrary. They probably got such good sales with the Dragonball Z tapes that they realized that anime is a big hit. :)
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
O_o Hey guys umm let's try to stay on topic and save the walmart banned story for a non anime forum. As for Wal-Mart there somewhat good when it comes to anime dvds, though I still find them very expensive compared to the places I go to buy my stuff.

O_o then again not everyone lives near a chinatown or can go to Japan town in Cali....;)
Posted
No one has talked about the banning in like 3 weeks hehe :).

I never bought anime at Walmart still, but I found the prices at Target to be pretty average. Nothing too bad.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]No one has talked about the banning in like 3 weeks hehe :).[/B][/QUOTE]
Amen.

As for the prices of the anime, they would probably be pretty high, considering that WalMart thinks that fans of anime would try and get it no matter what. That's why...I'd rather stick to online anime purchases. Unlimited different animes, almost always in stock, and cheaper, it just takes a few weeks to get it.
Posted
[color=red]The whole "Anime in Wal-Mart" thing just got bigger. I walked into the same Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a few more DBZ DVD's in there, so I got to looking. One of them was "Dead Zone". The catch? [b]Uncut[/b].

Please note, however, I did not pick up the movie. Why? Because "Dead Zone" sucked, but that's a discussion for the DB/Z/GT Forum.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]The whole "Anime in Wal-Mart" thing just got bigger. I walked into the same Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a few more DBZ DVD's in there, so I got to looking. One of them was "Dead Zone". The catch? [b]Uncut[/b].

Please note, however, I did not pick up the movie. Why? Because "Dead Zone" sucked, but that's a discussion for the DB/Z/GT Forum.

--J.C.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Bah, come now, WalMart always had Dragonball Z DVDs, which are all uncut anyway. All of their DVD versions come uncut and with the original Japanese episode or movie. It's nothing new. ;)
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm....I wish walmart would have a better variety of animes, it's mostly carrying the mainstream stuff like Dragon Ball/Z and some other stuff. Hopefully though just like with Best Buy anime fans will demand a better more diverse section.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...