Zanarkand Abes Posted November 5, 2002 Posted November 5, 2002 I am trying to think of a good website name for a final fantasy site. Think ya'll can help me?
Neon Phoenix Posted November 5, 2002 Posted November 5, 2002 What kind of site will it be? .net, .com, .org, etc?
Desbreko Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 [color=indigo]Well, you could always go with the name of a location from one of the games. If the site focuses mainly on one of the games in the series, pick a place from that game. Try to make it an uncommon name, though; a FFVII site named Midgar doesn't sound very good. On the other hand, naming it something like The Forgotten Capital (which is the City of the Ancients, by the way), sounds decent. As for original names, I can't help you there... I stink at thinking up names. :([/color]
Zanarkand Abes Posted November 6, 2002 Author Posted November 6, 2002 The site is mostly revolving around Final Fantast Ten, and I am thinking about naming it Blitzball Staduim. What do ya'll think about that name?
Desbreko Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 [color=indigo]Hmm...seeing as I haven't played FFX, I don't really know if there's anything better to use, so... I dunno... It sounds decent, and it certainly doesn't sound bad.[/color]
Break Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 [size=1][color=crimson]Yeah, that sounds okay to me. Either that, or Zanarkand Stadium. *shrugs*[/size][/color]
Axel--Ignition Posted November 22, 2002 Posted November 22, 2002 Zanarkand Dome may be of your liking
Zanarkand Abes Posted November 25, 2002 Author Posted November 25, 2002 yeah, I like Zanarkansd Dome. Then I can incorporate other themes from the game, and not necessarily be forced to stay with blitzball.
Break Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [size=1][color=crimson]Happy now? Geez, your topics are [i]so[/i] annoying. I look forward to a good topic started by you. :) EDIT: My master wished that this stay open.. so do whatever you need to do although I really see [i]no[/i] point in this staying open, but there we go. Your opinion is more valid than mine.[/size][/color]
Hinata Posted December 3, 2002 Posted December 3, 2002 You may not want to use the Blitzball Stadium mane... To me it only focuses on that aspect of the game. Try to find something else that may be able to bring forth all the aspects of the game together. But I 'm not really sure what will help!!!! Let me get back to you!!!
Mitch Posted December 3, 2002 Posted December 3, 2002 [color=red] The fantasies of the final. Bleh, corny, I know.[/color]
Zidargh Posted December 4, 2002 Posted December 4, 2002 This really shouldnt be here you know? It counts as advertising in my opinion as we are here to talk about Final Fantasy, not other sites. I'd recommend Final Fantasy Republic or Final Fantasy Online but there you go. Just staying on topic, I may be wrong. Perhaps you should use Netscape or Google as a Search Engine and just type 'Final Fantasy Sites' it'll know what you're talking about. ;) Hope I couldve been of some help.
Zanarkand Abes Posted December 4, 2002 Author Posted December 4, 2002 I am not advertising, seeing as I have not made the site yet.
Sandy Posted December 4, 2002 Posted December 4, 2002 OOPS! Misunderstanding...:bluesweat: Zanarkand, Zidane thought you were looking for a ff-based site, but in fact the discussion was about how should Zanarkand name HIS site... Oey, people should read each others posts more carefully before answering...:blush:
Mitch Posted December 4, 2002 Posted December 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i] [B] or Final Fantasy Online but there you go. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red] There is already a site of that name, Zidane.[/color]
Break Posted December 4, 2002 Posted December 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i] [B][color=red] There is already a site of that name, Zidane.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson]He thought that Z was looking for a site, not trying to name one. It's quite a hard mistake to make when the title of the thread is "What is a good Final Fantasy site [i]names[/i]". And Zidane, it isn't advertising if you're just telling someone a site to go to for help or information. Advertising is something along these lines...[/color][/size] "hey guyz, i just wondered if u wanted to visit my new site [url]http://www.geocities.com/thisisatest/index.html[/url] i think its pretty good, can u guyz visit it to make my counter go higher? thnx" [size=1][color=crimson]Well, maybe that's overdoing it, but that's what advertising is like on these boards. :p Umm.. I thought of another name to your site - Destination:Gaia. I think it sounds cool, like an FF site name should be. Gaia because that is the world that the FF games are based in.. right..? Or was I dreaming or something.[/size][/color]
Sandy Posted December 4, 2002 Posted December 4, 2002 Actually, I think Gaia is used only in FF9, though I'm not sure... but I don't remember any mentions about it in any of the other games. So, I guess you [i]were[/i] dreaming, Break. ;) SAGE'S INFO-PUNCH: If somebody didn't know, Gaia is actually "earth" in ancient Greek, and Terra is latin for the same thing.
Break Posted December 5, 2002 Posted December 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i] [B]Actually, I think Gaia is used only in FF9, though I'm not sure... but I don't remember any mentions about it in any of the other games. So, I guess you [i]were[/i] dreaming, Break. ;) SAGE'S INFO-PUNCH: If somebody didn't know, Gaia is actually "earth" in ancient Greek, and Terra is latin for the same thing. [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson]Are you sure it wasn't mentioned in FFVII? I swear it was.. wait, wait. No.. they called it "the Planet". Blah, it's still a good name anyway, so just leave it alone. I do latin at school. Go me! Ahem, another name you want? Let me see.. Destination:FFX, ImagineFFX, FFXBase, FFMAX (clever isn't it? ha!) and maybe.. no, I ran out of ideas. Sorry, that's all I could come up with.[/size][/color]
Zanarkand Abes Posted December 5, 2002 Author Posted December 5, 2002 Those are all great ideas. But I think I will go between Zanarkand Dome, and Blitzball Stadium. But thanx for all of your comments and input.
Break Posted December 5, 2002 Posted December 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zanarkand Abes [/i] [B]Those are all great ideas. But I think I will go between Zanarkand Dome, and Blitzball Stadium. But thanx for all of your comments and input. [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson]Cool cool. So can I close this now if you have a name? :)[/size][/color] [color=indigo]You still shouldn't close it, even after he decides on a name. If someone else needs a name after this, they could post in here instead of having to make a new thread. - Desbreko[/color]
Darkness Posted December 6, 2002 Posted December 6, 2002 How about [color=red] Omega's ruins?[/color]
Zanarkand Abes Posted December 6, 2002 Author Posted December 6, 2002 Yeah, you can close this thread. Thanxfor all your help.
Zidargh Posted December 6, 2002 Posted December 6, 2002 Okey dokes Break, thank ya kindly ;) Ok in my opinion, 'Blitzball Stadium' or 'Zarkand Dome' is a BLEH! in my opinion to Finbal Fantasy domains. Really I personally think you should have it contain FF: Bla Bla Bla ya know because it covers everything and makes it sound more professional thus atracting more viewers and then you can eat beans, but wait there are no beans at all! *Coughs* Sorry, its a metaphor for viewing I made up in 2 minutes. FF:Omega sounds good. And Break you are right 'Gaia' is mentioned only once in Final Fantasy VII, nice going Russ.
Recommended Posts