1337 Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 Yep, I just called it quits with my girlfriend...I don't know how I feel about it though.. Part of me is sad because it was so fun dating her, but the other part of me is thankful. Near the end of our relationship, my life was hell. I was incredibly stressed and depressed, and nothing we did made things any better.
Guest Anakin Solo Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I thought you were going to wait? Yeah, she's over now man...She came in and began to cry, and Im like they "Broke up"
1337 Posted November 10, 2002 Author Posted November 10, 2002 Yeah, we aren't "officially" broken up cuz she wants to do it in person (did it over the phone since I couldn't go over to her place today or vice versa) so tomorrow we'll be broken up.
Guest Anakin Solo Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 Ouch, that must suck though. But I think it was all taken a bit to far last night....though thats just my opinion.
1337 Posted November 10, 2002 Author Posted November 10, 2002 Mike and Brad were mad about it more so than Vicki was...
Guest Anakin Solo Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I know....come on....they shouldnt have even been involved with it period.
Kinetic Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [color=darkblue] I'm sorry about your break-up and I'm sure it must hurt, but if you tried your best and the relationship still wasn't going in the right direction, then you might have made the right choice. But don't listen to my advice, I've never been good with relationships . . . [/color]
wrist cutter Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 Yeah, better to break up than just prolong the pain.
Genkai Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 i agree with wrist cutter, it's better to break up. especially if life was hell.
Valen Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 Yeah, I also agree... but that's good that you're the one that ended it... you get less emotional pain most of the time...
PiroMunkie Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [color=indigo]As wrist cutter said, it is better to have broken up instead of just continued to carry along the pain. Before I may go into anything else. How long were you two together?[/color]
1337 Posted November 11, 2002 Author Posted November 11, 2002 Almost a year; on the 19th of this month it would have been 1 year.
amibasuki Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [FONT=arial]props for having it last for so long. have you figured out your situation with that other girl yet?[/FONT]
1337 Posted November 11, 2002 Author Posted November 11, 2002 I'm still working on it, but I don't think it'll work out how I want it to. At least she and I will still be very good friends (both me and my ex, and me and that other girl)
Transtic Nerve Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 Just out of plain curiosity, how old are you? And sorry about the break-up. I dunno what else to say.
wrist cutter Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1337 [/i] [B]I'm 15 and a half. [/B][/QUOTE] You didn't ask for it but I'll offer this tip anyway: Don't fiddle around with girls until you're at least out of college. Or high school if you don't plan on going to college.
1337 Posted November 11, 2002 Author Posted November 11, 2002 Why? My parents dated when they were in high school, and they've been married for 28 years. Your advice, quite frankly, is ****. Just because I'm young does not mean I can not love. Love knows no age.
wrist cutter Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 You're taking my statement the wrong way. One can do better in academics when one isn't under stress from relationships.
Kinetic Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [color=darkblue] I, myself, think that I am too young to be in a very serious relationship and I am 14, but that is completely your decision. I mean, I could be in a serious relationship like that, but I just don't know if I would be ready for it. [/color]
Mnemolth Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]You didn't ask for it but I'll offer this tip anyway: Don't fiddle around with girls until you're at least out of college. Or high school if you don't plan on going to college. [/B][/QUOTE] Hmm....that's great advice...if you intend to be a monk or a priest. :D Cos if you graduate from college without ever having had a girlfriend, then really, you're making your life [i]much[/i] harder than it need be. ;)
wrist cutter Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]Hmm....that's great advice...if you intend to be a monk or a priest. :D Cos if you graduate from college without ever having had a girlfriend, then really, you're making your life [i]much[/i] harder than it need be. ;) [/B][/QUOTE] Harder? Personally I'd rather have one less thing to worry about when I'm studying for an exam, rather than one more.
Guest Matt Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [color=red][b]I agree with you wrist cutter. The less non-academic things you have to worry about the better. BUT, it is very difficult not to have a relationship in high school.[/b][/color]
Mnemolth Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]Harder? Personally I'd rather have one less thing to worry about when I'm studying for an exam, rather than one more. [/B][/QUOTE] That's why one has priorities. There's a time and a place for everything. :D Have you ever seen a [EDIT][b] straight male [/b][/EDIT]college graduate with absolutely NO experience with girls trying to find a date on a Saturday night? Its not pretty. ;) This EDIT wasn brought to you by OtakuBoards resident TN, aka Traumatised Neurotic. :D
Transtic Nerve Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i] [B]Have you ever seen a college graduate with absolutely NO experience with girls trying to find a date on a Saturday night? Its not pretty. ;) [/B][/QUOTE] ME! Although I'm not a graduate.... yet... soon to be.... but I don't have any expereinces with girls ;) Anyway... Relationships are hard to do while in school. Believe me, I'm in college, trying to have a life with my friends, work and have a relationship. It's very difficult. Anyway. You're young l337. You have a whole big life ahead of you. I told one of my good friends, when he broke up with his g/f after 2 years the same thing. You have alot to look forward to. I mean, just look at my boyfriend... he was in a relationship 2 and half years before me, with a girl none-the-less, and we have a long future ahead of us that we are looking forward to. Just remember, it's not the end of the world, but I think you realize that now. Don't dwell onthe past, look to the future.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now