OtakuBoards

Harry Potter Forum?

Muse

[SIZE=1][COLOR=green][FONT=arial]

Erm, yeah, hi.

Right, let me get down to business.

Harry Potter is growing ever-so popular during these times. The Chamber of Secrets is obviously something HP fans would like to talk about, i'm sure. More and more people are begining to read Harry Potter, and it shows. Harry Potter(in my oppinion) might be a good idea, because HP fans can talk about "What was Harry thinking ____?" And share their oppinions with other Harry Potter fans on these boards.

I'm just saying that a HP forum would really brighten up new things for OB, guests that are HP fans might find it more intersting with a Harry Potter forum instead of just Anime's! Harry Potter could be one of the most popular things across America right now, so i'm thinking that it would be a good idea.

Right...So, what do you think?I know that this isn't such a good reason, but I myself am getting tired of talking about just News and Anime all the time, and I am on the verge of actually leaving OB(there is nothing you can do about it, I just bored), but a Harry Potter forum would really add some new things and possibilites to Ob.

Thank You:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

But this IS anime&games forum! And you can discuss about Harry Potter for example in the game-section, the lounge, the music/movie/tv-section... there's no point in dedicating a WHOLE section for it!

I think you're just exaggerating the need of such a section. This forum already gives opportunities to discuss over almost anything, so no point complaining about nothing...:smirk:

[color=darkblue]
I agree with Sage and Semjaza Azazel.

On one hand, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea, it's a pretty big franchise. On the other, it might just go down the drain like the Cowboy Bebop forum did.

And, as Sage said, there are many other forums where you can talk about these things, such as PC/Mac, Otaku Lounge, Music, Movies & TV, and maybe even more that I am forgetting.
[/color]

[size=1]Well, there has never been a need for a Harry Potter forum. The largest topic we have ever had on the subject was probably about 50 posts, while the Star Wars topic is at 1100+ posts now. If there is a very large demand for a HP forum, then I am sure that James will consider it seriously.

-Shy[/size]

[color=red] Other than a Harry Potter forum, we need something more general...I think we need a book forum where people can post and discuss about books in general.

I love to read, and I love to talk about what I love, so I'd love it. Plus I think we need something new. But, I doubt it'll happen, but still, I wish >>[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i]
[B]I don't think we have enough of a demand for such a forum. When they (threads) start over filling the Otaku lounge then you can suggest it again. But hey, i could be wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] These boards aren't about supply and demand if that is what you believe. I guess it's just to politican in you, VR.

We would not create the forum for the demand, but to add more variety and interest here. But, I can see what you mean by demand...

I'm certain if OL was crowded with numerous topics just about books, a forum then would be created, but alas, that isn't the case.

Then there's always those who will go against it, and will demote it...but, as I said, I doubted it would happen, and, nonetheless, I still stand by that truth.[/color]

I agree with Mitch about a Books forum. We have one for writing, why not for reading? At least it could be a sub-forum, maybe in Movies, Music and TV as they're used primarily for entertainment.

I can't see why we'd need a Harry Potter forum. We haven't even had enough Star Wars threads to warrant a Star Wars forum. And like sage said, they aren't games or animes.

Guest Anakin Solo
I think that the Book forum would be a great idea, I love to read! But Solo, you haven't seen lots of Star Wars threads, because we are confined to that one.... :-/

[color=royalblue]You aren't confined to that one -- it's just that people keep posting in it. And so, it invariably means that nearly EVERYTHING Star Wars related gets discussed there...and as a result, almost any other thread is repetition of what has already been discussed.

A Harry Potter forum won't happen. The demand doesn't exist.

There are two things I consider when making a new forum:

1) Demand
2) Appropriateness

So, obviously I wouldn't create a go-kart racing forum...even if there was lots of demand. It's totally unrelated to these boards.

If people were making LOTS of literature threads, then sure, we might make a book forum.

However, I am inclined to simply change Music, Movies and TV to Books, Music, Movies & TV. I mean really, they are all part of the same category in a sense.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I mean really, they are all part of the same category in a sense.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I resent that. :p

[edit]My apologies.

I resent that, in a humorous way, as I have always viewed books as being 'above' movies and television.

Bah. It's not as funny anymore. :p[/edit][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I resent that. :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]You know, you could at least say [i]why[/i] you resent it. Let's keep on topic...you know, as opposed to spamming and all that stuff. :smirk: [/color]

[size=1] Well as it's happened with many movies/series of the moment. It gets all hyped up and then a few months later it trickles down to a bare minium. I don't think we need an HP forum. If James WERE to make a forums it could just be a BOOK FORUM. With sub sections but there are many books that different people like so that wouldn't work... But um, the whole BOOK FORUM idea sounds good to me...[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I resent that. :p

[edit]My apologies.

I resent that, in a humorous way, as I have always viewed books as being 'above' movies and television.

[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I resent it to. Bah. Well, at least change it to what you said James, that's enough for me.

Then I'll start a mad group of zealous fanatics to get it made into its own forum. Mwhahahah. I'm so...evil.[/color]