OtakuBoards

Mackinac Island?

BabyGirl

[color=deeppink]Has anyone heard of or visited Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Island? I was looking through pictures from earlier this summer, and a lot of them are from our annual (sometimes bi- and tri-annual) trip up there. It's in northern Michigan (Lake Huron), a small island a few miles east of the Mackinac Bridge which connects upper and lower Michigan. It's known for its fudge and its horses, because no cars are allowed on the island at all.

So I was basically wondering what all you guys know about this place...because I love it :D.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]iie..... i would LOVE to go to Michigan... it's beautiful up there and the red Wings play up there! Must go watch.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]rotflmao! I've never heard of anyone who has actually WANTED to come to Michigan...that's truely awesome Transtic! It [i]is[/i] beautiful when you get farther up north. Where the Red Wings play in Detroit, well...that's basically the ghetto :D.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by White Digivise [/i]
[B]I've never been there, but I wuld love to look at the beatiful sites. I have a question. Is it foresty near the lakes? *Smiles* :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, it [i]is[/i] foresty. And sandy too...we have lots of sand dunes ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]rotflmao! I've never heard of anyone who has actually WANTED to come to Michigan...that's truely awesome Transtic! It [i]is[/i] beautiful when you get farther up north. Where the Red Wings play in Detroit, well...that's basically the ghetto :D.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ghetto..... there are MANY of those here.... Paromore street is one.... and one right next to the bowling ally.... EVERYWHERE!

Heh....I think I was there once...it was a loooong time ago...I was maybe five years old..... And actually, i might have been there before that, too...I was born in Marquette...lived in a little place called Naugaunee...betcha I spelled that wrong... Heh, oh well.... About the only things I remember about Michigan are blueberries--yummy!--and lots and lots of snow....

[B][color=deeppink]Has anyone heard of or visited Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Island? I was looking through pictures from earlier this summer, and a lot of them are from our annual (sometimes bi- and tri-annual) trip up there. It's in northern Michigan (Lake Huron), a small island a few miles east of the Mackinac Bridge which connects upper and lower Michigan. It's known for its fudge and its horses, because no cars are allowed on the island at all.

So I was basically wondering what all you guys know about this place...because I love it :D.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]It sounds familiar, but I've never been there before... nope not at all..[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]And actually, i might have been there before that, too...I was born in Marquette...lived in a little place called Naugaunee...[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]*Cringe* there is absolutely nothing up there...the UP is desolate and flat and boring and woodsy, and...for people who like to hunt, fish, and camp. Bleh...I had to drive in a car for 11 hours through the UP (we stopped in Marquette, that city isn't TOO bad), just to get to the northernmost point in Michigan...Copper Harbor. I about fell over when we got there and I was like "This is IT?!" It was poopy...I don't suggest any of you going to Michigan's Upper Pennisula...unless, that is, if you hunt, fish, or camp...[/color]

Guest Master O Beans
[B][color=deeppink]Has anyone heard of or visited Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Island? I was looking through pictures from earlier this summer, and a lot of them are from our annual (sometimes bi- and tri-annual) trip up there. It's in northern Michigan (Lake Huron), a small island a few miles east of the Mackinac Bridge which connects upper and lower Michigan. It's known for its fudge and its horses, because no cars are allowed on the island at all.

So I was basically wondering what all you guys know about this place...because I love it :D.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]It's really rather sad, really "...and I took your parents as being worldly" (eh hem) but no, I've never been up there...and I live in MICHIGAN! AH! I have been to Travers (SP??) City once...that was pretty fun, I guess. Anyhoo, there is supposed to be a HUGE bridge that sways in the wind, but yeah, that's all I know about it...[/COLOR]