James Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [size=1][color=#507AAC]The time has come to start talking avatars once more. ^.^ As everyone already knows, when we moved servers most recently, our avatar gallery did not move over. This is why there are currently no avatars in our gallery. Furthermore, now that we allow 80x80 avatars as standard (custom, at that), the need for 50x50 avatars no longer exists. But for those of you who aren't so great at making your own avatars, or who simply want a selection of pre-made avatars, hopefully we can do something to accommodate you. The big problem is that I unfortunately don't have the time to make a whole heap of avatars. This is where the great avatar makers of OB come in. ^.^;; Basically, we're going to need all-new 80x80 GIF avatars. So I encourage people to send 'em my way. But before you do, I should probably list the requirements. [b]Naming the files:[/b] Each avatar should be appropriately named. You can make avatars relating to anime and/or gaming -- that's up to you. However, they must be named in a very specific way. So, let's say that I make an avatar of Blade from Teknoman. I'd name the file with the name of the character first...and then the name of the series: Blade_Teknoman.gif See? If you wanted to do Pokemon, you might do this: Pikachu_Pokemon.gif This is REALLY useful because it allows me to name each avatar in the gallery. I may not know some anime characters, so it's really important to have 'em named. If you have more than one of the same character, please name like this: Pikachu_Pokemon.gif Pikachu_Pokemon_2.gif etc... [b]Avatar Design:[/b] As mentioned above, all avatars should be 80x80 pixels. In addition, avatars should have a 1 pixel black border. So the total image is 80x80 pixels with the one pixel border included. That way, everything looks nice and uniform. And that's just about it! Last time I uploaded avatars, they all came from the community. And most of them were very high quality. [b]Email them to...:[/b] Right now I don't think my Otaku email is working correctly. All avatars should be emailed to the following address: [email]absolutegamecube@hotmail.com[/email] Not ideal, but it'll do. ^.^ Once again, thanks to those who send in avatars. I'm sure that the rest of the community will be very thankful to see a brand new gallery go up![/color][/size]
Spikey Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [COLOR=green]Do you meen something like this?[/color]
Sara Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [size=1]No, he means 80x80 with a one pixel border....[/size]
Spikey Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [COLOR=green]It is 80x80, but I can't do pixel borders. Can you? Heres another, with out a pixel banner, with a regular. I'll take it off.[/color]
conpiracymonki Posted November 25, 2002 Posted November 25, 2002 [b][size=1] Something like this Spikey ;)[/b][/size]
Deedlit Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [color=009966]I can only make .jpg avatars, so I'm sorry that they're not .gif's. Here's one. (I know you wanted us to e-mail them to you, but the site I use to upload my pics is offline and I can't upload anything, so I'm posting them here.[/color]
Spikey Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i] [B][b][size=1] Something like this Spikey ;)[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=green]Thanks Ajeh. I'll do another. Be back![/color]
TheShinje Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 I would be happy to make some avatars for OB, and I can also optimize that image in photoshop, Deedlit, if you want me to make it into a gif format
James Posted November 26, 2002 Author Posted November 26, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]Please don't post avatars here. None of them will be used. They really must be emailed. All I can say is "refer to the first post". It contains all the necessary details. ^.^;;[/color][/size]
amibasuki Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [FONT=arial]are there any specific avatars that you'd like made, like from a certain anime/game, or is it just whatever?[/FONT]
James Posted November 26, 2002 Author Posted November 26, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]I guess primarily they should be based on series that we actually have here on the boards and on theOtaku.com. But generally, it doesn't matter. Any game/anime series is fine. ^.^[/color][/size]
Guest Matt Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [color=red][b]I submitted mine. :) I hope that a couple avatars from comics [i]about[/i] games are ok. :)[/b][/color]
Fall Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 How do I name an avatar if it's based on no character in general, just Gamecube? I have it now as "gamecube_gaming.gif". :)
Desbreko Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [color=indigo]*goes off to resize and rename the tons of Zelda avatars that I made last time something like this happened* I've got over 100 now. :D I'll send 'em your way as soon as I get done renaming and resizing them.[/color]
Dan L Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC][size=1]I guess primarily they should be based on series that we actually have here on the boards and on theOtaku.com. But generally, it doesn't matter. Any game/anime series is fine. ^.^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Surely you're ok to have "miscellaneous" avatars, too...?..
James Posted November 26, 2002 Author Posted November 26, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]I'd [i]rather[/i] have anime/gaming avatars. ^.^ If you're naming your avatar after an object and not a character, you can just name it after the object (ie: GameCube.gif).[/color][/size]
Desbreko Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [color=indigo][b]The bad news:[/b] Not all of the old 60x60 avatars took the resizing well, and some of the ended up really grainy. So, I scrapped those. [b]The good news:[/b] I had made some 80x80 avatars after I made all the 60x60 ones, and I made some more 80x80 ones just now, so the total is up to 95 avatars again! ...All but 3 of them are Zelda ones, heh. :D *sends e-mail with attached avatars* And by the way, I didn't send the one I'm using now. No one is going to steal my cute little Fairy! No one! :twitch: [/color]
Dan L Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC][size=1]I'd [i]rather[/i] have anime/gaming avatars. ^.^ If you're naming your avatar after an object and not a character, you can just name it after the object (ie: GameCube.gif).[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Oh right.. what I actually meant was "miscellaneous".. as in.. the ones that don't really relate to anything at all ^^; but yeah.. I'll leave those ones out [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Armadillomon [/i] [B]what about this? [/B][/QUOTE] *refers to quote below* [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#507AAC][size=1]Please don't post avatars here. None of them will be used. They really must be emailed. All I can say is "refer to the first post". It contains all the necessary details. ^.^;;[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] ;)
Red Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 [b]My FireWorks doesn't like me, I'm going to have to reinstall it :( As James said, please don't post avatars in this thread, email them to him at the address provided in the first post :)[/b]
Valen Posted November 26, 2002 Posted November 26, 2002 I'm sending some, but I haven't the slightest clue as to which Anime, if any, they are from... They're named like "Ava3.jpg" "Ava4.jpg" etc. I hope that's ok...
James Posted November 27, 2002 Author Posted November 27, 2002 [color=#507AAC][size=1]No that's [i]not[/i] okay. lol How many times do I have to say "read the first post"? I won't accept anything but what is submitted in the right way. Sorry, but otherwise it takes way too long -- I don't have time to rename avatars and work out where they come from. Some of you are emailing me avatars with either the wrong names...or you're not attaching them to a file, you're hosting them online. They need to be attached to the email and they need to have the correct filenames. Anyway, I've started uploading them. Right now I need more anime avatars. Dragonball, Gundam, Yu-Gi-Oh, Tenchi, Cowboy Bebop -- that's what I need. Animes that theOtaku.com/OB covers (and others too, if you feel like it). Amibasuki sent in some particularly great ones -- so keep 'em coming! I'll make the first batch public tomorrow or the next day. Then you'll be able to see what has gone online. And hopefully that'll encourage people to send more avatars! ^.^[/color][/size]
TheShinje Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 [FONT=arial] [color=red] I see them, they're cool! I'll be sending mine in soon as well, some digimon and dragonball avatars, i can see some people are quite obsessed with Link, theyre quite a few avatars for him/her lol ( I don't really know Zelda, or Link) Good job to those who have already had theirs put up, theyre really clear and well done [img]http://digilander.libero.it/ilxnucleo/Emoticon/Ammiccante.gif[/img] [/color] [/FONT]
[Sound_Nin] Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 I did mine. DBZ's the theme (as if you didnt know)because there arent that many of them.
SaiyanPrincessX Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 I've sent in 14, and 10 more just now. I hope they'll work for you.:)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now