Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, it's stopped snowing.Theres like, 8 inches. Well, more like 6.. But still.. We'll still have school tomorrow..u.u

Well, I've never had a white christmas, so i'll keep my fingers crossed.
Posted
I love the snow, but as Semjaza said, its sucks when you remember the crap that goes along with it. My winter gear is top notch. My coat is so warm that I literally begin to sweat in it! Whew... my Pathfinder lived up to its name. 4 wheel drive is your friend people. Traffic was bad trying to get off campus but it was easy to get home. Alot of people used local roads to get home. Thats where the mistake is. Since everyone is using local streets then the best answer was to use the highway which had much lesser traffic than on a normal day ^_^ You just gotta play it smart and do things slowly and its all good.

Bah... I just remembered though that I have to shovel the snow off my sidewalk. >_< Why is it always the strong people who have to shovel the snow? :P
Posted
Yeah. I hurt my arm sledding. I had to shovel the walk by getting the snow on the shovel by ushing the shovel nder the snow. Then I had to h=kick the snow off to the side w/ my foot. Whee.

But I still love snow.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]just a couple of miles away from foggy San Francisco. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Grr... Lucky. - -

If it snows in San Fran, we're all dead. Simple as that. With all the hills, the whole city would be some huge roller coaster. Besides, it's the same weather here all year, average 58-degrees I think...

It doesn't matter anyway. ^_^ I'm going to Dallas, TX for Christmas week, to go see my mom and friends. It's colder there than it is here, prolly around 40-48 degrees. Of all the days I decided [i]not[/i] to wear a sweater, which I usually do, it rained yesterday, and by the time the bus came, it looked as if I just stepped out of the shower. I was wearing a white shirt too ><;;[/color] [/size]
Posted
Well, on Wednesday and Thursday it snowed here and the roads were icy, so we had no school. But by Friday, the ice had melted and we had school again. Feh. So we had 2 snow days this week.
Posted
[COLOR=blue][I]Wait wait wait wait wait. Let me see I have this straight. You STILL have school? BWHAHHAHHA!!!!

Eh sorry about that, it's just that I finished school before December even came and I've got 2 months holidays now. Anyway, back to snow.

It's crazy down here in Australia. It's summer down here, and there are bush fires all around where I live, but in Melbourne it's actually SNOWING! Yes, snowing in SUMMER!! I personally have never ever seen snow before (except on tv of course) because I've always lived in areas that just can't get snow. Of course when I move it starts snowing. So things are a little.....odd around here.[/COLOR][/I]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Sydney has way worse fires than use enigma... But yeah you should have seen the range the other night, flames leaping all over the place the whole side of the slop was on fire. It looked cool but I felt bad thinking that becouse of the houses we could see near it.

I've never seen real snow, hails all I've seen.

Hay is it true that in America when school is cancelled for snow that you have to make it up in you holiday time?
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]*whimpers*

*cries*

You all don't know how lucky you are! As far as I know, it's never snowed in Perth, and probably never will...it doesn't even rain much...*sighs* 14 Australian summers, and I'm still not used to them...[/size][/color]
Posted
Cloricus -
It depends on the school... I think a lot of schools have a bit of a buffer where they can make up for missed snow days. Although, I remember back in gradeschool we had a couple snow days, and wound up losing a random school holiday because of it. Wasn't very happy heh.

They do that with strikes here in Chicago as well. I was in a Catholic school at the time (bleh), so it didn't affect me... But my old public gradeschool's teachers went on strike for a few weeks. All the kids didn't wind up getting out of school until a few weeks later than normal. Sometime just before July... which is rather late around here. We usually get out late May or early June.
Posted
lol canada = snow!
i live and canada and we habve had it snow for three days now there is 30 inches piled up by my house tho the streets are plowed so we srtill have school !!!! besides i walk to school so i have to go anyway!
Stitch:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stitch [/i]
[B]lol canada = snow!
i live and canada and we habve had it snow for three days now there is 30 inches piled up by my house tho the streets are plowed so we srtill have school !!!! besides i walk to school so i have to go anyway!
Stitch:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yah I love here. I love snow!! Let it snow, Let it snow,Let it snow!!:D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai[/i]
[b]Lucky CANADIANS!!! I have frizeezing rain. DAMN![/b][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][size=1]Hey, I'd settle for some rain right now...especially freezing rain. It has to be better than this heat...[/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by calumon_luver [/i]
[B]Let it snow, Let it snow,Let it snow!!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

*recoils in fear*

Sorry bout that.. I heard the worst rendition of that song EVER, the other week. So the recoiling thing is a reflex.. heh
Posted
Guess what!?? It snowed 20 centimetres here yesterday night!!! So excited to ski!!:D

And sorry for me liking the Let it Snow song!!!!I was just saying that I wanted it to snow!!!!!!!!!!Meanie...Just kidding.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...