OtakuBoards

So...

Mako

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mako [/i]
[B]I'm a little spam boy but anyway, but I was just wondering how many posts it takes before I'm rid of the stupid "newbie" title.

I hate being a n00b. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

But hopefully you aren't actually going to spammify us just to get to the junior-member-status, because then you're out of here in no-time! ;)

And I think it's unnecessary to long for the upper status, because when you're junior member, you start to think "damn, I wish I was a full member", and after that - like in my case- being "merely" a member feels akward, so you want to become an "otaku" instead. A true vicious circle, indeed (though I'm not sure if I ever want to become a "no-life"... ;) )

Anyhows, welcome to the boards, Mako! I'm sure you'll have lotsa fun around here! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i]
[B]But hopefully you aren't actually going to spammify us just to get to the junior-member-status, because then you're out of here in no-time! ;)

And I think it's unnecessary to long for the upper status, because when you're junior member, you start to think "damn, I wish I was a full member", and after that - like in my case- being "merely" a member feels akward, so you want to become an "otaku" instead. A true vicious circle, indeed (though I'm not sure if I ever want to become a "no-life"... ;) )

Anyhows, welcome to the boards, Mako! I'm sure you'll have lotsa fun around here! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I'm not [b]that[/b] kind of a spam boy. :rolleyes: I wouldn't post just to get a different title. I just tend to post a lot in a short time. (you could look at my ffalpha post count if you need an idea of what I mean)

And thanks for the welcome.

[color=#507AAC]A couple of points here. First, some people are newbies even though they have the "No Life" title. Perhaps Sara is the best member to go over the ins and outs of status being more a state of mind than text on a screen. Ahem. ^_^;;

Anyway, these titles are based on time and not posts. In other words, the goal is not to post as much as possible in a short time. The goal is to post as you normally would (lesser numbers and higher quality) and let the title change when the time is right. That's really what we encourage.

Do, it's best to ignore your title. It will change in due time. ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]A couple of points here. First, some people are newbies even though they have the "No Life" title. Perhaps Sara is the best member to go over the ins and outs of status being more a state of mind than text on a screen. Ahem. ^_^;;
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I'm trying to figure out exactly how you meant that, and I'm hoping it was intended in the least insulting way I've come up with.... :p

Anyway...yeah. Quality over quantity and all that rot. Although it [i]is[/i] annoying to be a 'newbie,' you'll find that the intelligent people here don't care how many posts you have. And as for the rest.. Well, we ignore them.

Wheeee, that post was just [i]dripping[/i] with superiority...[/SIZE]

[color=blue][size=1]I know how you feel, Mako. Sometimes I hate this 'Newbie' status as well. The thing I hate most about it is how a lot of people associate newbies with bad grammar/post quality. But I'm slowly making my way up the ranks. Very slowly, lol ^_^. Well, just try to forget about your status and concentrate on your posting quality (not that there's anything wrong with your posting quality. It's actually pretty good).

Welcome to the boards, by the way ^^[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B]The thing I hate most about it is how a lot of people associate newbies with bad grammar/post quality.[/B][/QUOTE]

I've never noticed/cared about the status under your icon. Hell I don't even know what mine is, nor do I particularly care.

Personally, I don't associate newbies with bad grammar, I associate bad grammar with newbies. James tends to crack the whip on those who can't speak simple English (unless it's their second language or something), so that usually weeds them out before they get very far up the ranks.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth[/i]
[b]Hmm...why delusional? Are you suggesting that I post like a Newbie? Cos if you are, I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or a compliment.[/b][/quote]

[color=blue][size=1]Umm, no. I just meant you must be delusional if you want to be a Newbie. You know, everyone else wants to move up the ranks, and you want to go back to being a newbie. Bah, just ignore me ^_^[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]Umm, no. I just meant you must be delusional if you want to be a Newbie. You know, everyone else wants to move up the ranks, and you want to go back to being a newbie. Bah, just ignore me ^_^[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heheheh. Well I guess some people swim against the tide because they want to prove a point. Me, I wanna go back to being a Newbie for a very simple and selfish reason. People tend to think of Newbies as ignorant little kids. And there are few moments more satisfying than knowing you are being underestimated. :D

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=deeppink]Well I really didn't ming being a Nembie because its just a status. It changes nothing about who you are and what your like.

But my status is fine and I probably wouldn't change it but who cares really. I just really hate when people say they hate Newbies. Well they might actually be nice people, I look past the Title and look at the person.

Like me and Rain....

*hugs Rain.*

Rain: Um......get off...
Me: :(
Rain: Fine!
Me: :naughty:

*turns into Geroshi*

Geroshi: Lets party!![/COLOR] [/FONT] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i]
[B] And there are few moments more satisfying than knowing you are being underestimated. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]By that standard, you have provided me with frequent satisfaction. :smirk:

Anyway, I think this thread had been pretty much answered.[/color]