OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

E ryja oad du vekina dryd uid. :p

[spoiler]You mean how when you unlock Masamune,
Yojimbo can do over 9,999 damage? But storyline-wise I'm clueless >.<[/spoiler]

I'll be able to revist some places right?
Once I leave them they won't be gone for good will they?
(Not all of them, some)
Like wih the airship or something?

[size=1][COLOR=003399]Fixed Spoiler tag. - [b]Tasis[/b] [/COLOR][/size]

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royal blue]*beats Hyper soundly with a Nerf bat* Your spoiler tags didn't work!!

And yeah, you can still return to places--just remember to talk to the Maester at...uh...erks, little help? Once he [spoiler]passes on[/spoiler], then you can go anywhere--the Guado won't stop you.

Rar, yd maycd [b]I[/b] ghuf ruf du ica [b]spoiler tags[/b] bnuban mega! :p[/color]

[COLOR=003399]*icac sut bufanc du veq dra dyk*

Highbridge Ginny, Highbridge. And yeah, when you [spoiler]talk[/spoiler] to Maester [spoiler][strike]m[/strike]Mika[/spoiler] and he [spoiler]passes[/spoiler] on, you can then go to revisit all the temples....

[size=1]when you go back to the temples the Aeons Fayth give you treasure chests! And treasure from them tooo!

i just had the neetest idea... l33t Al Bhed o_O[/size] [/COLOR]

E luimt'ja cfunh ed fyc fungehk...
Tynh cbueman dykc >.<

Ya know, fighting Seymour the third time didn't seemt hat difficult. My secret weapon this time: Wakka! I just rocked with silence ability. And Mortisorbtion was quite helpful when delaying Total Anihilation and lowering/draining HP.
The only things that gave me trouble were the two Cross Cleaves and the two Total Annihilation (This wasn't as bad as I thought, seeing as how msot of my characters survived).

Now I'm at the Sanctuary Keeper..thingy...
Any tips? This might be a toughie...

• 2 weeks later...
Question!!!

On the lightning bolt dodging bit, does it say anywhere that Tidus actually has to run around on the Thunder Plains? Or can he be standing still while dodging? I find it a lot easier to stand still and dodge, but I dunno if that counts as consecutive dodges.

Anyone know?

[color=003399]Nope, ya don't have top move a bit Ginny!

I just found an online map thing of the thunder plains and it showed me where the lightning struck most consecutively... So i just stood there and dodged about 197 times, until i messed up, and then i quit o_O [/color]

[color=003399]No... if you change screens, it resets...

It really helps if you have a no-encounter weapon, but i bet you know that...

[size=1]trust the one with experience...[/size] [/color]

Eh, right now I'm on my way to meet Seymour at Macalania. So it's still pretty early in the game.

Which brings me to my next question--do you need to have the [spoiler]Cloudy/Celestial Mirror[/spoiler] in order to [i]find[/i] the Legendary Weapons? I [spoiler]activated all the Cactuar Stones[/spoiler] on the Thunder Plains, the little Cactuar ghost is going ballistic at the tower where [spoiler]Kimahri's Spear is supposed to be...[/spoiler], and yet nothing's happening. I'm trying to "activate" the tower with the [] button, but nothing's happening.

Whew, my current bolt dodge record is at 82. Taking a break every 50 shots. Very high strung, I am. :bluesweat

[color=003399]Still got a bit of work yet ;)

Yeah, you need the [spoiler]Celestial Mirror[/spoiler] to activate the weapons. On the Calm Lands, where you get [spoiler]Tidus' (when you get the guy guarding the place to move)[/spoiler], it says there's a strange seal, or crest (can't remember which). Thats where the [spoiler]Celestial Mirror[/spoiler] comes in handy, it say's it "reacts" to the seal. [/color]

Every guide I come across will say the same thing about Auron's or Tidus' or Yuna's or whoever, but no one says anything about whether it is needed for Kimahri's!

Bleh, that bugs me.

Not to mention I have yet to break 82 dodges. *growls* It'll happen soon, just not today.

*blows all the red butterflies up*

[color=003399]Butterfly quests.... heh.... more annoying than the lightning dodge, but eaiser >_<

I don't know why the guids wouldn't say that about Kimahri's Spirit Lance, it works the same as all the rest.... or atleast it did for me.[/color]

OK, I dodged all the flipping red butterflies--never touched any of them--and I didn't get anything but those two treasure chests. I was supposed to get a Crest or Sigil for my hard work! *grumbles*

Oh [i]dang[/i]. I just found a site that is much thorougher than all those cut and paste websites. According to it:
[spoiler][i]"Saturn Sigil"
Acquire all blue butterflies from the Macalania Forest butterfly catching game. You must have the airship to win as a prize."[/i][/spoiler] [i]Now[/i] they tell me. >_<;;;
Bleh.

See, I already played this game once. But I didn't bother with all the secret stuff the first time through. So I got my donkey whupped at [spoiler]Lady Yunalesca[/spoiler] for it. This time through, I'm getting everything (and I'm starting to like Blitzball, too!).

Strange, I never heard that you needed to have the airship. Are you leaving the screen before you try to open the chest maybe? I accidently left the screen after FINALLY beating the first butterfly part, and when I went back the chest was gone ><, they put the stupid last butterfly so close to the edge. So I had to do it all over again but then I got the chests just fine.

[color=003399]It's strange... i never found [spoiler]Lady Yunalesca[/spoiler] that hard at all... I guess i was just far into the Sphere Grid o_O

I'm glad you're starting to like Blitzball, although most of the stuff in it is just tooooo un-realistic....

[size=1]How do they breath Underwater? When you're standing behind the goalie, and shoot, why does the ball come from the middle of the screen? How do people intercept the passes, if you pass the oposite direction of them?[/color][/size]

Neither did I. All I had to do for [spoiler]Yunalesca was to zombie proof/ward my charcaters and Overdrive away.[/spoiler]

*Blows up all the crests and sigils because they're too darn annoying*
BTW, I got the Mars Crestfor the Masamune (Which I also have), but exactly how do I use it? It just sits in my inventory.
*Blows up the Chocobo Trainer and the baloons*
*Blows up the Magus Sisters*

[spoiler]If I go and beat Seymour, Sin, Braska's Final Aeon and such, will I still be able to do everything I haven't? Like will I be able to go place son the airship still? Or does beating the game end my file?[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]Neither did I. All I had to do for [spoiler]Yunalesca was to zombie proof/ward my charcaters and Overdrive away.[/spoiler]

*Blows up all the crests and sigils because they're too darn annoying*
BTW, I got the Mars Crestfor the Masamune (Which I also have), but

[spoiler]If I go and beat Seymour, Sin, Braska's Final Aeon and such, will I still be able to do everything I haven't? Like will I be able to go place son the airship still? Or does beating the game end my file?[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]You got lucky, if she had used MegaDeath, you would have been killed instantly.

You have to take the crest and the Celestial Weapon to the flower/crystal thing that unlocked the power of the Celestial Mirror. You should be able to figure it out from there.

[spoiler]No, it won't end your file, you'll be able to start again from your last save.[/spoiler][/color]

Yeah, once you go [i]into[/i] Sin and start your final battles, you can't get out again. Hope you did everything you wanted to.

You know, I had the exact same questions about Blitzball, Tasis. That amused me to no end about the opposite side passing!
Any recommendations about good players to hire? (My guide says most Al Bheds are the best, especially [spoiler]Brother[/spoiler].)

Ah well, the good thing about taking the extra time to get the secret stuff is that I get involved in a bunch of battles. The problem is, it's still pretty early in the game, and Auron's about to reach the end of his Sphere Grid area. I need to get some Lv2 spheres! (Or Transport spheres. Oy.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Yeah, once you go [i]into[/i] Sin and start your final battles, you can't get out again. Hope you did everything you wanted to.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Wait, what? You can leave Sin after you go inside. o.O

And after you get into the [spoiler]Tower thing that falls out of the sky[/spoiler], you can't save, so after you beat the game you can start at your last save again. After that, just use the Save Sphere to go back to the Airship.

Silleh Ginneh. ;)[/color]

It was all a blur the first time around, what with [spoiler]Anima[/spoiler] Insta-Killing everyone, so pffft. :p

Heh, Square always does that in their games. There's a certain point where you can only go forward, not back.

[i]Cunno.[/i]

[COLOR=003399]Help on Blitzball, eh?

Well... i know all of the best Blitz players, when you should have who on your team and what-not.... but it'd just take toooooo long to explain it all in a post >_<

[size=1]Get on AIM Ginny...[/size] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]You got lucky, if she had used MegaDeath, you would have been killed instantly.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, she did.
But I had one of my weaker aeons (I think it was Valefor) finish her second form. So her Mega-Deathwas useless. Then I just overdrived away with aeons to destroy her.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]Oh, she did.
But I had one of my weaker aeons (I think it was Valefor) finish her second form. So her Mega-Deathwas useless. Then I just overdrived away with aeons to destroy her. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]What I meant was, you're lucky she didn't use Mega Death on your characters. Mega-Death is an auto-matic KO, unless you have the Zombie status. Of course, since you had that Zombie Ward and such on, you wouldn't have had any defense. And since she uses it at random, you wouldn't know when to bring out an Aeon to save yourself.[/COLOR]