OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

[COLOR=royalblue]There is a pattern to Seymour's multi-magic--watch it carefully, and you will know which NulMagic to use next. I want to say it's something along the line of Watera-Fira-Blizzara-Thundara...but don't take my word for it. It's been a while since I last played. [/COLOR]

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no1's mentioned Shell, that's weird, heh but shell will make Seymour's spells do a lot less damage. He was hard but I managed to beat him in one try, I probably just got lucky w/ my nul attacks. Another good method (that works w/ every boss) is to fill up your overdrives (aeon's too) before you fight him, and valefor might even be better than ifrit or shiva in this battle, because he's not an elemental so he's less likely to be taken out w/ one fira or blizzara.

yeah, but most people's Valefor tends to have the least HP out of all the aeons. I know I don't use him. I only use Bahumet and Shiva now. But Valefor did save me one time, when I was battling Isaaru's Bahumet. All of my other Aeons were dead, except Valefor. I barely beat him, with my overdrive. So, that just shows you how powerful each seperate aeon can be, and how you never know when each one will become useful

[color=royal blue]In all honesty, you should ALWAYS keep your Aeons in Overdrive. I know that, if my Aeons use it for any reason, I try to fill it up again ASAP. Same goes for Yuna--I try to make sure she is always ready to cast Grand Summon if needed (though filling her Overdrive gauge tends to be a little trickier).

Grand Summon = any one Aeon being able to use their Overdrive instantly. And if they are already at Overdrive, using it in Grand Summon will NOT use the one you already had ready. So Grand Summon not only equals an Aeon using their Overdrive instantly, but using it TWICE, if you plan accordingly. Duh duh info there, but just thought I'd share.[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]There's already an FFX help topic; you should have posted in that. Never mind, just remember next time.

*merges*
[color=royalblue][size=1]*actually merges it* -Tasis[/color][/size]
[color=blue][size=1]Quiet you -[b]Pokel[/b] (Break's husband)[/size][/color]
[color=royalblue][size=1]*eats Pokel* Who's quite now? -Tasis[/color][/size]
[color=indigo][img]http://www.desbreko.netfirms.com/Misc/DancingBanana.gif[/img] - Desbreko[/color]
[color=royalblue][size=1]*eats Peh, the dancing Banana* -Tasis[/color][/size]

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, keeping all of your Aeons on overdrive is mightah helpful. A healthy mix of Shield and Boost when battling with them should do the trick and get the Overdrive bar to get up quicker. :)

I've also found out this weird thing: when you use Valefor's Sonic Wings technique when fighting one enemy in battle, it lets you use it over and over again (which is good, since each connecting hit raises the overdrive bar a little). Has anyone else had this happen?[/size][/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sniglefager [/i]
[B]yeah, I hate blitzball. I was also wondering if you really do need to win some blitzball matches (and do some other things) to get Wakka's Legendary weapon. Cause if you do........ [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]*covers ears* Blitzball.. eugh!

And if anyone is posting how to get Wakka's Legendary weapon, do so in the correct manner (spoiler tags, please). :)[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Merged the double post that resulted from, well, the merge, lol. - Desbreko[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]I've also found out this weird thing: when you use Valefor's Sonic Wings technique when fighting one enemy in battle, it lets you use it over and over again (which is good, since each connecting hit raises the overdrive bar a little). Has anyone else had this happen?[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royal blue]I've noticed that myself. While Valefor may not be the strongest or the healthiest (HP wise), she is still the fastest; speed is sometimes the difference between a win and a loss. And filling up the Overdrive with that method is also nice.

Ah, question. Does anyone know if the Aeons have options as to HOW to fill up their Overdrives (for the characters, it's stuff like "Ally", "Victor", "Warrior", etc etc etc)? If not, does the Overdrive filling depend on what Yuna's is set to? Or are the Aeons' Overdrives like the Limit Breaks of FF7--damage=energy (plus the Boost option).

BTW, everyone, Valefor is female. Just FYI. ;)[/color]

Wow. I finally got my PS2 back the other day, and I popped in FFX. I hadn't played it in about 6 months. I was at the end of Bevelle, and finished that summon battle (with a super lucky kill).

When I reached Seymour after this, I was expecting a really tough battle... It simply wasn't. I didn't use protect, or cast reflect on Seymour to reflect Morti's cure spells... Nothing. I just kept attacking with Auron and Tidus and had Yuna heal.

When I got Seymour down to around 2,000 HP, I just kept killing Morti. After a few deaths, he heals Seymour far less. Easily beat him.

Seymour banishes any Aeon right after their first attack, so I found using them rather useless.

I'm really suprised that this is a common topic. I thought the summon battle was more difficult than this one.

Aeons are extremely useful, even if he banishes them after one attack, because that's still damage and your party remains safe from any of his attacks, altho moves that knock the enemy's turn back like valefor or shiva's special attacks are useless, use them anyway because if the enemy is immune to a certain status, the move will do more damage.

[size=1][color=crimson]I need help trying to make people stop posting new threads that already exsist..

*merges*

[b]Edit:[/b] My God, this thread is confusing now. o_O; It has three FFX help threads merged into it. Stop posting new ones![/size][/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]Ah, question. Does anyone know if the Aeons have options as to HOW to fill up their Overdrives (for the characters, it's stuff like "Ally", "Victor", "Warrior", etc etc etc)? If not, does the Overdrive filling depend on what Yuna's is set to? Or are the Aeons' Overdrives like the Limit Breaks of FF7--damage=energy (plus the Boost option).

BTW, everyone, Valefor is female. Just FYI. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]I don't think it matters what Yuna's Overdrive filly-up thing is. Becuase, I've noticed that the Aeon's Overdrive bar goes up when they attack, when they are attacked and even when the opponent's attack misses. :)

*didn't know that Valefor is female, had a strange feeling she was though* oO;[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Indeed it is confusing... *goes through combining the double posts that resulted from the merge* - Desbreko[/color]

[color=royal blue]You mean the Seymour with all the funky colored circle wheels? Heavens, I hardly even remember that fight.
I waltz in with a Overdrive'd Yuna, Auron, and forgot the third--Tidus, prolly, and proceeded to GrandSummon my Overdrived Anima.

When in doubt against Seymour, use Overdrive'd Aeons. You can usually pull off an Overdrive and MAYBE an attack before he banishes them. Save your GrandSummon for the strongest Aeon in your party--there was a time when I was able to pull Anima's Overdrive twice against Seymour, and totally blew him away. I think that might have been this very version of him, too. [/color]

if you spent time boosting your stats, you shouldn't bother grand summoning the Magus Sisters, since they're regular attacks like passado or....whatever the other ones are, will do close enough to 99,999 anyway, using all 3 of their turns to do the delta attack is a waste of time. Also I don't see what the point of yojimbo's 4th attack is, sure it's insta-death but it costs a lot of $$ and won't even work on bosses. Yojimbo works really well against the arena monsters w/ only physical attacks tho, since he has a high evade. Anima's always a good overdrive to use, altho I wish turning on the short summoning sequences didn't also make their overdrives shorter ><.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]When I reached Seymour after this, I was expecting a really tough battle... It simply wasn't. I didn't use protect, or cast reflect on Seymour to reflect Morti's cure spells... Nothing. I just kept attacking with Auron and Tidus and had Yuna heal.

When I got Seymour down to around 2,000 HP, I just kept killing Morti. After a few deaths, he heals Seymour far less. Easily beat him.

Seymour banishes any Aeon right after their first attack, so I found using them rather useless.

I'm really suprised that this is a common topic. I thought the summon battle was more difficult than this one. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Well I'm not really an experienced FF player as I have only being borrowing FFX for a week (my first ever Final Fantasy game). I'm proud to of got up to Seymour Natus/ Mortibody already though. I'm struggling though I find it hard for a few reasons. Is there any way to revive someone after seymour uses break and then attacks your player (basically killing the character). I find that highly annoying, because it makes the battle alot harder as you have less people to fight with and you can't use phoenix down to revive them :flaming:. When he bannishes the aeons it is also aggrovating!

The summoner battle was challenging yeah, but I find this one harder as I don't know what I'm doing. The easiest boss I have faced so far is Evrae when killing it in two goes without it getting a shot on me. :) That's the second time you fight it by the way.

Anyway back to the point could someone please help me out on a good tactic to use against Seymour Natus and his mortibody!

Thanks Grant ... :demon:[/COLOR]

Hmm, for the Aeons, get them all into overdrive before the battle.

For break, have someone heal that character with a soft or Yuna's Esuna.

Also to help, have Lulu give Seymour a bit of Bio, and that will hit him for good damage.

And for ealier in the battle when Seymour copies Mortibodies elemental attacks, have Yuna on Haste and she should get a Turn after Motibody so she can cast Nul- appropriate for that spell.

I hope this helps.

Yeah thanks for that, I will try and get my aeons on overdrive. The thing is if he usually has more than one turn when using break there destroying whoever I'm playing as. I don't think I can revive him when he's dead, so I don't know what to do. Not sure if I even no bio yet Ahhh! I will just train now and hope for the best. I have ability spheres to learn moves (I didn't before highly annoying!).

Thanks for the help anyways! :)

[color=#507AAC]It's that time again. I'm having a little boss trouble.

The boss is called Sanctuary Keeper, I believe. He's a boss that you encounter as you head towards Zanarkand (the bit just after the three puzzles in the cave).

He uses a laser-type attack that casts multiple status conditions on your party.

However, that's not the problem.

The problem is that he frequently uses Curaga. Twice in a row, often.

And I have no idea how to defeat him. I've tried using dispel...and I've tried drawing as much MP from him as possible. I've also tried using Auron's "Magic Break" over and over.

I have tried various strategies...and there's just nothing I can do. Can someone give me some advice on a possible weakeness? ^_^;;[/color]

[color=#507AAC]Bio and reflect for double the effect? What does reflect do?

Casting reflect on myself wouldn't work, because he casts no magic on the party. Instead, he uses ability attacks.

Are you saying that I should cast reflect on the boss himself? That way, if he casts curaga...it will reflect onto my party. I'd have to refrain from magic attacks, but it shouldn't be too hard if I'm using Aeons as well...

Hm, that might work. Thanks.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]I'm not there yet, i just finished the Tunder Plains, but i did have to help a friend of mine with him....

As soon as i entered the battle I had Yuna cast reflect on him, so all his Curaga's healed me insted, Then when he used that annoying Photon Wing-a-ling thing, i just had Yuna cast Esuna on whoever he did it too.

If you have Rikku on your party, i think you can steal a Turbo Ether.... (Personally i like to give all my characters a go, so they all get EXP, and it's the same ammount if only 3 characters recieve it.)

Then I had Auron break his armor, so i was doing about double damage. Then after everyone had done something or another, i brought out Tidus and Wakka with Auron. After whacking away at him, he got smarrt, and cast reflect on one of my parrty members, so he gets the cure effect if he hits me with it. I just dispelled that with Yuna. Don't bother with healing, when someone dies, just use a phoenix down, and keep hammering away, he doesn't have many moves.

Once you get a strategy, you'll see the boss isn't all that hard ^_^ [/COLOR]

[color=#507AAC]Ahh yes, thank you. ^_^

I do tend to swap my characters in and out of battle, to give them all more experience. Though right now I'm focusing somewhat on Lulu, because I'm close to granting her with the most powerful black magic available in the game. And combined with spells like Double Cast, it will really help me later on.

But yeah, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go and try him out again ^_^[/color]

Yes sorry I ment cast reflect on the boss it helps as you don't really need magic for this battle! Use your aeon's overdrives and other attacks here and there, then this battle should be easy peasy. Aeon's overdrives should roughly do around 9000-9999 damage now! :)