OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I need help on Overdrive Sin. No matter what I do, he always uses that stupid Giga-Gravija. I've tried everything my tiny little brain could comprehend, but I can't think of anything. I'm thinking of going and getting Anima or maybe Auron's Legendary Weapon, but if anyone has any tips for me, it'd help me a lot.

[color=royal blue]There's only one catch on Anima--[spoiler]if you don't have all the special items from each temple[/spoiler], you can't get her. Which is especially bad, since you cannnot return to the Guadosalam Temple (I think that's the one) once you leave it. The Guards won't let you.

Anyways, Anima in Overdrive may be a cheap shot, but she is also an extremely powerful one. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B]Right well I've fought Lady Yunalesca once and managed to only get her to her second form. I hear there are three forms and I was wondering how the rest of you defeated her? I'm sure I will try again soon with some help hopefully! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Pfff.... Childs play! I made her look bad... though it was annoying fighting her over and over again. The only help I can give you is go level up! She shouldn't be hard at al... Hastaga helps, you SHOULD have that.... if you don't.... well... i pity you. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]There's only one catch on Anima--[spoiler]if you don't have all the special items from each temple[/spoiler], you can't get her. Which is especially bad, since you cannnot return to the Guadosalam Temple (I think that's the one) once you leave it. The Guards won't let you.

Anyways, Anima in Overdrive may be a cheap shot, but she is also an extremely powerful one. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yep, you can go back once you [spoiler]talk to Maester Mika at Highbridge[/spoiler]... i'm pretty sure, cause you can then re-visit all the temples, and you could actually walk around in Guadosalam, so i'm almost positive you can get in. [/color]

ok, I made my own strategy for defeating Overdrive Sin, but now I need to get Anima. To do this,I need some help beating that Geosgeano thingie. I know I should level up my Rikku and Wakka some more, cause they suck, and to use elemental weapons, but I just can't seem to beat it. If someone could tell me the armor that helps against Petrification, I'd be grateful.

If u want to beat overdrive sin work on fully powering up everyone's ultimate weapon so that you can break max damage. Blitz Ace, attack reels, and grand summon will make short work of him. If you can't get anima yet try grand summoning valefor, his 2nd summon attack is really strong, and he's easier to get break max damage for. The others I forget exactly how to get them to break max damage...I think powering up certain legendary weapons is the trick.

As for Yunalesca, the important thing to remember is when she uses her hell-biter move, don't cure everyone of the zombie status, she uses mega-death that instantly kills everyone; but zombied characters won't be affected. Other than that just do what you would for any other boss, hastega and strong attacks. And after don't forget to pick up the sun....sigil or crest, I forget which, that way you won't have to go all the way back (altho you'll need to return to zanarkand later if u want anima)

Armor that protects against petrification? I don't remember the exact...item, but you probably have at least one, just go to customize and pick a random armor, and look for stone-proof, it'll tell you what item you need and (if you have enough) how many it'll take to put it on an armor.

[color=royal blue]Proof is better than Ward, because Proof has a higher resistance rate. However, it doesn't protect 100% of the time, I don't think.

Yunalesca was prolly the most ANNOYING boss I ever fought in that game--and the hardest. Sin didn't even put up half the fight that she did. I've read in strategy guides that if you want to Zombie Proof someone, make it Yuna, so she can heal and summon. Try to teach all the charas the "Use" command, so they can all use the AlBhed potions (heals whole party some HP, good stuff). If Yunalesca casts Regen on a party member, unZombify them if they are and quick--it's worse than being poisoned.
Hastega, yes. Overdrived Aeons and Yuna, yes. I think I managed to poison Yunalesca once, but I'd have to check. If you can do that, it helps. Leave one chara in Zombie, yes.
There's also an item that cures all status ailments--I forget what it's called, but have plenty of those on hand, too.

(Btw, Valefor is a female. ;))[/color]

[color=#507AAC]I'm in Zanarkand Ruins at the moment...doing that weird colour/block puzzle thing (very annoying -- the second puzzle isn't making sense to me).

I've tried leveling up in different parts of the ruins, but the battles take a long time...and I don't seem to get much in the way of AP out of 'em. For example, it takes maybe three "big" battles for Lulu to get [i]one[/i] ability sphere.

Does anyone have some advice in terms of building up ability spheres more quickly?

Oh! And...where can I get more lvl. 4 key spheres? I only had two and I've used both. -_-[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]I'm in Zanarkand Ruins at the moment...doing that weird colour/block puzzle thing (very annoying -- the second puzzle isn't making sense to me).

I've tried leveling up in different parts of the ruins, but the battles take a long time...and I don't seem to get much in the way of AP out of 'em. For example, it takes maybe three "big" battles for Lulu to get [i]one[/i] ability sphere.

Does anyone have some advice in terms of building up ability spheres more quickly?

Oh! And...where can I get more lvl. 4 key spheres? I only had two and I've used both. -_-[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]For the puzzle, just go up and to the screen in the second larger room, and hit X, it'll highlight all the blocks colors in that room. All you wanna do is step on all the same colors, just like the previous puzzle. And if you can't remember all the colors, you can go up and hit X on the screen again, and it won't re-start.

If you want Ability Spheres, use the item Ability Distiller, it makes enemies drop Ability Spheres, great item that is...

Nevermind the Lvl. 4 key's yet, as soon as you get out of Zanarkand, because there really aren't any there, you can go to the Omega Dungeon, and overkilling enemies there will give you some Lvl. 3. keys...

You can bribe Chimera Brains in the Calm Lands with 196,000 Gil for 2 lvl. 4 key's or you can kill Spectral Keeper's in the Yevon Dome drops them sometimes... i can't think of any other names... [/COLOR]

[color=#507AAC]Okay, um...I have lots of lvl 3 key spheres. I need lvl 4 keys. So I'll take your advice on that one (though I have no idea where either of those places are).

In regard to spheres...I guess I didn't phrase it right. I want the spheres that let you move spaces. I forget what they're called. -_-[/color]

[color=darkblue]For a good way to get AP is too equip one of you characters with a weapon that has sensor, and equip Wakka with a capture weapon. Find the Omega Ruins with the search. Stay close to the Save Sphere where start at, and move around until you are attacked. If you are attacked by a Master Tonberry. Use Wakka and get him to use sleep buster to put it to sleep. It will sleep for only one turn, so bring in Tidus and cast Hastaga. If you only do magic attacks and no physical attacks, it will use its turn to wake up and you just need to put it back to sleep. Keep casting magic (have Lulu use Demi if she has it) and Sleep Buster. Bring in the person with the Sensor weapon and when it gets down enough where you can kill it, use Wakka's Capture weapon to kill and capture it. You will get the 20,000 AP, but now since its caught you and easy to kill, you can go to the Calm Lands. Go to the Monster Arena and you can fight it again for only 3600, and still get 20,000 AP. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]For a good way to get AP is too equip one of you characters with a weapon that has sensor, and equip Wakka with a capture weapon. Find the Omega Ruins with the search. Stay close to the Save Sphere where start at, and move around until you are attacked. If you are attacked by a Master Tonberry. Use Wakka and get him to use sleep buster to put it to sleep. It will sleep for only one turn, so bring in Tidus and cast Hastaga. If you only do magic attacks and no physical attacks, it will use its turn to wake up and you just need to put it back to sleep. Keep casting magic (have Lulu use Demi if she has it) and Sleep Buster. Bring in the person with the Sensor weapon and when it gets down enough where you can kill it, use Wakka's Capture weapon to kill and capture it. You will get the 20,000 AP, but now since its caught you and easy to kill, you can go to the Calm Lands. Go to the Monster Arena and you can fight it again for only 3600, and still get 20,000 AP. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Sphere Levels James?

Dude, everything in the Omega ruins gives you about 20k AP.... There's only a few that don't.

All you have to do is wait til' you get there, walk around near the first Save Sphere, and fight battles... you will get ATLEAST 1 level per battle... and if you accidentally walk into Ultima Weapon, he's really easy...

And if you manage to Overkill Omega Weapon, he'll give you 6 lvl 4 key spheres ^_^ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Well, when you [spoiler]get your Airship, type in the coordinates 72X 34Y[/spoiler] and Omega Ruins should come up ^_^
You get it right after Zanarkand[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Yep, yep, there's others too... do you want 'em? I think i have 'em written down somewhere...

Highlight below if you want 'em[/COLOR]

[COLOR=WHITE]X Y
14 57 Baaj Temple
15 42 Sanubia Desert
34 56 Mi'ihen Ruins
72 34 Omega Ruins
30 74 Besaid Falls
39 57 Battle Site

(have to be in caps)
Password: GODHAND
Password: VICTORIOUS
Password: MURASAME[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Took me almost a week to get them all... My brother helped me to figue out the passwords... ^_^ [/COLOR]

ok, I just beat the game, but I wanna go and power up all the Legendary Weapons. I kind of need some help in racing that chocobo trainer. I know to get one of the Sun thingies for Tidus you need to get all the balloons and not get hit by the birds, but I can never get the first 4 balloons because she always gets them before me. Also, does anyone know where Yuna's two power up thingies are?

[COLOR=royalblue]I'm always glad to help ^_^

What you're looking for is the Moon Sigil, and the Moon Crest to power up Yuna's Nirvana.

The Moon Crest is actually in Besaid, and you can get it the first time you visit the island, at the start when Wakka first meets Tidus. In the ocean Tidus swims in, check out the right side of the screen. Look around for a treasure chest on a little cove. Open it up, and you've got the Moon Crest...

Now the Sigil is a bit more difficult...

After beating all of Belgemine's aeons atleast once at the Remien Temple (Which means you also have to have them all, including [spoiler]the Magus Sisters and Anima[/spoiler]) you get to [spoiler]send her, because she's an unsent.[/spoiler] Then you get the Moon Sigil after you're done. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]ooo...thanks for the assistance, Tasis. ^_^

That's all very cool. Oh and uh...what causes the Overkill on Omega Weapon? :blush:

I might as well ask, since I've asked for everything else. lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Well, all you gotta do is just do a lot of damage to him, lol, thats how you overkill everything else...

He only has 99999 life, so it shouldn't be too dificult.... you have to overkill him by 13560.... So, you'd need someone who has break damage limit ability, or a strong summon.... ([spoiler]Magus Sisters and Anima work really well.[/spoiler]) [/COLOR]

[size=1][color=crimson]Right, that's it *throws down controller*

I really need some help on beating Evrae for the first time on top of the Airship. I have the most trouble when she casts Haste on herself, poison breath is also very annoying. I have around 35 Al Bhed Potions and I am in the proccess of getting the Bio spell for Lulu (I'm also going back to the start of the Sphere Grid to get Tidus' Haste -_-). Does anyone have any strategies they could give me to help defeat Evrae, I've tried keeping my distance, I've tried moving back when she tries to use poison breath and everything, but I just can't seem to beat it.[/size][/color]

[color=royal blue]Directly from BradyGames's player's guide:

"Start by having Tidus cast Slow on the fiend, and then cast Haste on himself and Rikku. This increases their...[ability] to use the Trigger Command to communicate with Cid.
Look carefully at the list of character turns on the right side of the screen. When Tidus or Rikku's turn is right before Cid's turn, use the Trigger Command to pull the ship away from Evrae. If you can keep the monster at long range until Cid's next turn thereafter, then he will unleash a volley of missiles at Evrae."

(This helped me a good bunch--when I finally beat Evrae, her final blow was from Cid's missiles; however, he only uses missiles three times, then he is out, so be careful!)

"The dragon may then counter with the Swooping Scythe attack to get close to the ship again. Eventually, Evrae will inhale on one turn and exhale Poison Breath on its next turn....[i]have Rikku use an Al Bhed potion[/i]. Evrae will then cast Haste on itself, thus nullifying Slow spells. To counter [that], have Tidus caste Haste on as many characters as possible.
....When Evrae is near the ship, use physical attacks with characters like Tidus, Auron (.:luv:.), Kimahri, and Rikku (.:therock:--strong? Riiiiight.). When Evrae is far away, use Lulu and Wakka (long range attackers). But since Evrae halves all magical damage, Lulu will be mostly ineffective unless she knows [all -Aga spells]."

[size=1][color=crimson]Rikku is stronger than stupid Tidus on mine so bleh -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

Any more advice from me? Lots of Al Bhed potions (if you can teach other charas besides Rikku the Use ability, then they can use the Al Bhed potions too) and MegaPhonixes. Hold hard and think fast--no Yuna or Aeons are going to be able to pull your [tail] out of the fire on this one! ;) [/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Heh... Kimarhi... Strong? Not in my game... I stuck him through Lulu's part of the grid, and he's a crappy mage... and since he went through it he didn't get much strength... i remember how hard it was fighting Biran and Yenke... heh.

I didn't have much trouble with Evrae... I didn't even use the Trigger Command... After giving everybody one turn, i just switched to Wakka, Tidus and Auron, casted Hastega and beat the hell out of him/her... [/COLOR]