OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

Yeah i had troubles with the dragon too... ("The Red carpet has teeth"-Auron)But the second time around i finally beat him/her hint also buy some softs from the Al Bhed guy, I was surprised and pissed off when the boss used break the second time I fought him. What worked for me was backing away every time the dragon got close, (plus i used delay buster alot with Tidus) Wakka was ok in my game and could attack at long distance.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=crimson]Right, thanks everyone *wanders off to inflict a considerable amount of pain on Evrae*

Piece of ****.. it manages to use Poison Breath, and then uses Stone Gaze on the last person alive (Auron). I'm very close to giving up.[/size][/color]

[color=royal blue]What amazes me is that this game is more randomized that many I have come across. The [spoiler]Yunalesca[/spoiler] battle is the MOST pronounced example of this. The AI will do something unexpected, unplanned for, or just totally, plainly unfair.

So FFX tends to be based more on chance than anything. Not having Yuna also sucks. But you got to keep trying until you win. Evrae was the second hardest for me.[/color]

[color=#808080]Well, I've just defeated [spoiler]Yunalesca[/spoiler].

You're right, Ginny...it's a tough battle. Definitely the toughest I've done so far.

Funny thing is, I sort of expected that it'd take me forever and I'd have to try over and over again. But I only needed one try.

Still, it was tough. There were a couple of times where I held on by the skin of my teeth. Mostly though, I didn't find it to be [i]too[/i] challenging. The biggest problem I had was the fact that my physical and magical attacks (if you ignore Aeons) just weren't powerful enough. Even attacks of 1,000 - 3,000 damage are pretty low, when you consider how much health that boss has overall. So, it was a lengthy battle.

I'm glad that it's over though. If Sin isn't as hard as this latest boss...then I'm glad. ~_^

Oh, I also want to add something about Omega Ruins. I've been there before.

Tasis, didn't you say that each enemy at Omega Ruins awards you with at least one sphere? That doesn't seem to be the case. I still have to fight multiple battles to even achieve [i]one[/i] sphere for the grid. Is there [i]anywhere[/i] that I can go to level up more quickly?[/color]

well let's see Me and yuna good buddies
Seymour Guado and his guado duardians killed the guardians with auron in one hit with out stealing anima used shiva and ifrit and the final fight with seymour without his guardians nul spells and kimahri's overdrive self destruct

Seymour Batus Reflect spell all the way and also aeon overdrives

Seymur flux once again aeon overdrives and auron and his big *** sword and bio works well in all seymour fights

Seymour Omnis Anima 56,000 one overdrive then 10,000 attack them used auron with a sword i customized with break damage limit

i strongly suggest working hard to get enough dark matters to customize auron ortidus or wakka with break damage limit and also do not forget to work with yuna because the stronger she getsthe stronger the aeons get like by the time you reach the defender X fight all aeons shoudl be hitting 9999 everytime using their overdrives

Fighting belgemine is a good idea even though her aeons are tough magus sisters included they are not unbeatable use anima and on the fight against anma use bahamut and valefor

Oh yes for those who like blitz make sure once you get the airship board the ss winno at kilika and keep trying the jecht shot until you get it though sphere shot is a good technique tidus is alone without this shot and also if Eigaar Blappa Lakkam from the al bhed psyches become available get them. Eigaar and Blappa like to play forward put tidus in center and lakkam and another player with strong attack and pass

[size=1][color=crimson]o_o; That made loads of sense; are you even responding to anyone there, Tidus_Auroch? If you are (I don't see anyone asking that question) then I advise you to edit, if you [i]want[/i] them to understand it that is.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]I think he was just putting his 2 cents in about FFX...

I felt compelled to delete that post, it doesn't have anything to do with anybody's questions. I'll wait to see what T_A has to say.... [/color]

[color=royal blue]Really? Gosh, I kept getting sphere levels really fast at Omega Ruins. As far as Lvl 3 and 4 ones go...that's a different story altogether.

To my knowledge, Omega Ruins is as hard as you can get, before the final area. But once you go into the final area, you can't come out again, so....

I have no answer for you, James? Sorry. [/color]

[color=#808080]Hm...well, I'm not so much worried about lvl 4 key spheres. I've gotten a few more recently and I think I have enough for what I want to do.

But in terms of sphere levels...they don't seem to go up enough at Omega Ruins. The first time I went there, I actually did run around a bit near the save point. And in doing so, I fought maybe 12-15 battles. But ultimately, I wasn't getting the kind of level ups that you're talking about in your post.

I tried again and now I'm still getting the same result. I haven't fought as many monsters though...so it might be possible that I'm not going deep enough into the ruins or something. I don't know. That's the only thing I can think; maybe I'm not fighting the right monsters.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]
*looks at James' avie* :twitch:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]Hehe, isn't she interesting? I spoke a little bit about that on my new blog (well, indirectly I guess). I thought it was something interesting to talk about.

Anyway...I don't know if I'm powerful or what. I mean, Auron is my strongest character. He has about 4,600 health. My other characters are around 2,800 to 3,500 in health. That doesn't see like a lot though; I want to get them all to 9,999 or whatever the maximum is.[/color]

[color=royal blue]I wanted to do that too, but to be honest, if you are past Yunalesca, and you have Anima plus a few Legendary Weapons, max health is rather a moot point. At least, it was for me. My unlocked Masamune-equipped Auron was running 6000 HP, my unlocked Nirvana-equipped overdrived Yuna had Overdrived Aeons, and Sin never know what hit it. :D

But there's still something special about max health, granted. And one of these days, I plan to unlock every node, if it is possible. As soon as I get everything in "Ratchet&Clank", I'm going back to FFX. :D:D:D[/color]

[color=royal blue]*eyes James for a moment*

M'kay, you're screwed.

:bluesweat All right, all right--that was a little mean. I dunno about your situation on Anima (I keep thinking there's one temple you can't go back to, so if you hadn't got the special item from there...), but you can still get the Legendary Weapons for sure. I never beat the game without Anima, so...whee lookit me! So full of answers today! :worried: [/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]whoo, i missed alot...

Well James... i recently found out something that would work...

if you capture 4 of all the one-eyed floating creature things, and go to the monster arena, you can flight a monster called One-Eye. He randomly drops equipment with 3 slots. 1 slot has Triple AP.

Then you need to customize the weapon to put Triple Overdrive on it. This is by far the hardest if you want to do it for all your characters, i don't think you can get anymore... or i haven't atleast... Use thirty Winning Formulas to put it on. If you unlock all the area creation monsters in the monster arena, you get 99, thats enough for 3 people.

Then, here's the killer, Overdrive-AP on all those weapons. You can get them by unlockin' six area creations from the monster arena, you get 99... thats plenty, since you only need 10.

Then if you go to Omega Ruins, fighting there will surely get you a couple weapons, lol.

[u]As for Anima.[/u]

You remember all them destruction spheres in the Trials? Well you need to get one treasure from each temple by using these. Don't panic yet, you can go back and get them after visiting [spoiler]Highbridge[/spoiler]. You can't ever go back to Bevelle Temple, but thats OK, since you have to get the Destruction Sphere there to continue.

You remember the "14X 57Y" place i posted up earlier? Baaj Temple? Well, i'm getting ahead of myself though you will need that later.

Go alllllll the way back to the Zanarkand puzzles at the end, and you'll find a new puzzle. Figure out the puzzle (i can't remember it that good, think it's the white square one?) and then go to Baaj Temple. You have to fight a boss with Tidus, Wakka and Rikku underwater, after that go into the temple and touch all the statues. They should all light up. Poof! Talk, talk, talk, talk, Get Anima.

If you want to know how to get the Magus Sisters, i'll post that later, this is long enough o_O.

And no, you should have all the Celestial Weapons before fighting Sin, makes things alot eaiser, though if you like a challenge, go ahead! [/COLOR]

[color=red] Sin wasn't [i]that[/i] hard. As long as you knew what you were doing and kept in-tune with the game throughout it all, it wasn't that hard. But I would say he's harder than Yunalesca, yes.

Especially the last fight with Sin before you go inside of him was annoying, until I got holy on Auron, Yuna, and Lulu, then it was really easy. Just sit there and cast holy millions of times until he's in his grave. But yeah, I'd at least make sure you haven't a second grimance, and look at how well along your characters are on the Sphere Grid, what weapons they have, ect, ect.

Holy--don't leave home with out 'er.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]That doesn't see like a lot though; I want to get them all to 9,999 or whatever the maximum is.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]The maximum is 99,999. Good luck. :whoops:

If you want to know [i]how[/i] to get the Legendary Weapons... I know some of them.

[spoiler]
First, you probably want the Crystal Mirror. Just go to the Calm lands, ride a Chocobo, go to the Remiem Temple. If you don't know where that is, it's near the entrance (from the town, not Mt. Gagazet), and look for a feather next to a bridge. Then, at the temple, find the wild Chocobo, and race it.Then, take the Crystal Mirror to the forest next to the Calm Lands, and find a path to the magic flower.

Start by finding a couple of people who have lost their child. Then, find the child, and go back to the couple again. They will move, then go up the path behind them. I don't remember where the child is, or the couple, though. Sorreh. Go up those steps, talk to the flower thing, and it will change from a dirty mirror to the Crystal Mirror! At least, that's how I [i]remember[/i] it as. I might be wrong, it's been a while.

You need the mirror, or else you won't be able to get any weapons.

You get Tidus' Legendary Weapon in the Calm Lands, after completing either the Chocobo Race or the Chocobo Time Trial. I'd say the Time Trial (where you have to race the trainer, instead of just a Chocobo, and dodge birds and get baloons), but it may be more then that. I don't remember. >.< The legendary weapon (The Caladbarg)is in the upper left corner of the Calm Lands, where a guy is guarding it. The race will make him move, and the weapon is behind it.

You can get Yuna's Legendary Weapon by collecting all the monsters on Mt. Gagazet (I [i]think.[/i] the Battle Arena guy will make a chest appear. Open it with the mirror.

Oh, yeah, Auron needs to get the broken sword first. Go to the Calm Lands and go to the Thief's Cave (where you got that stupid mercenary Aeon), but don't go in. Go to the path that leads right (but not out of that area) and find the Broken Sword somewhere along the edge.

Auron's Weapon is somewhere along the path to the lighting temple (man I wish I remember the names.), or at least [i]somewhere[/i] near the place where Sin wiped out the people fighting it, and you fought that annoying Sinspawn. Look for an Elevator device that leads you up to a grove with a statue in it. Use the mirror on the statue.

To get Wakka's weapon, you have to play a moderate amount of Blitzball, then talk to the lady in the Pub (or whatever it is) in the town with the big Blitzball dome. I think this might be the only one where you don't need the mirror. Don't quote me on it, though.

Lulu's weapon is in the Baaj Temple (that Tasis mentioned earlier), in the water where you fight that fish thing. Just look around for it, it's hard to see.

Kimari's weapon is in the lighting fields. You have to free the Cactuar spirit, or something. I don't remember it.

I have no clue where Rikku's weapon is. >.<[/spoiler]

If you want, I'll tell you the locations of the Sigil's and Crests, but I typed way too much there, my hand's hurt. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink][spoiler]I have no clue where Rikku's weapon is. >.<[/spoiler]

If you want, I'll tell you the locations of the Sigil's and Crests, but I typed way too much there, my hand's hurt. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Type in "GODHAND" as the password in you airship... go to the new location, and open the chest.

I know a few of the Sigils and crests.[/color]

[color=white][b]Tidus:[/b] Sigil - Chocobo Racing, you need a time of 0.00. It's not too hard once you get used to the course...
Crest - Defeat Yunalesca, go down one flight of stairs, right by the next flight, there's a treasure Chest

[b]Yuna:[/b] Sigil - Send Belgemine after fighting all her Aeons.
Crest - Besaid island, right at the start of the game, though you can get it at anytime. In the screen where Tidus does the sphere shot thing and you first meet Wakka, go in the ocean. You should see some "bumps" on the eastern side of your map. Go to the first one, in a chest is the Crest.

[b]Lulu:[/b] Sigil - dodge 200 consecutive lightning strikes on the Thunder Plains.[/color]
[COLOR=royalblue]Highlight Above

Thats all I know off the top of my head... I'm supossed to be doing a project, but FFX is funner ;)

If Nerdsy doesn't, i'll fill most of the rest of them.... but i gotta work on my project now... [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]I guess i could help ya, it all depends on the course setup too...

You know the first little stretch? In that stretch there are 5 baloons. Depending on how it starts, the first will be more to the trainers side, and then she usually gets all 5, or if it's on your side, you can get all 5. The trick here, don't move your choco at all, if ya do, you'll fall behind her. If you get the first few, she'll try to cut you off, but end up getting caught behind you. use that for your advantage and get the rest.

Once you get those five, turn the corner to the next area, and try to get the free baloon that's always right at the start. If you don't get it, you need to get atleast 3 (hopefully more to help) baloons, and not get hit by a single bird. Make sure not to stay too close to the birds spawning point, if ya do, sometimes it'll be able to hit you a few consecutive times, and that'll really screw you up.

Then make another turn, and get the 1-3 free baloons right there. It shouldn't be too hard to get 5 others, while dodging the birds. You should be able to finish the course in about 36 seconds, with about 13-15 baloons and maybe 1 bird hit. 1 Hit usually messes you up though...

I had it one time when i had 36.1 seconds, and got 13 baloons, with 1 bird hit, and it gave me a time of 0.01 seconds... i almost broke my PS2... lol.

Hope that helps a bit... [/COLOR]

can anyone help me i need to find the al behd primer 15 (the one that translates o)

and has anyone found nemesis a pansy i find pennace harder than him
not to metion dark yojimwuss i can't believe i ever had any trouble with any dark aeons they all suck

does anyone else think the same way?

[COLOR=royalblue]Well... *checks notes*

I found the XV in Macalania Woods, on the Lake Road i think. I'm pretty sure it's across from where O'aka is/was...

And no, Nemesis isn't all that easy for me, i haven't managed to beat him yet in my new game... I'll keep leveling...

Hope i've helped :)[/COLOR]