OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

I doubt it. First of all, if she had been raped, I doubt she'd have the strength and spirit to go on with the tournament. It's just too devastating... Besides, Japanese anime companies usually save their hard core stuff for their movies or adult-oriented shows. Of course, I've seen the Japanese version of "The Vision of Escaflowne," and that was pretty bloody for a series. Still, I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant for kids, like "Yu-Gi-Oh!" is. I have yet to hear reports about nudity, sexual situations, or even bloody violence when it comes to the Japanese version of the show.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. Maybe "Yu-Gi-Oh!" really was meant to be seen by young adults. But again I say, I doubt that Mai was raped. Instead, they probably just cut out her duel with Panic.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]I sure this doesn't go here but I'm doing it anyways. I've read that in the english version there was an episode cut out called" Winning throught Intimidation" that shoud've been aired between numbers 13 and 14 but wre chopped up and combined to make episode #13 "Panik Attack".
I've also read that in this episode Panik raped Mai . Is that true or just some stupid stuff made up. Who ever has seen the japanese versions might know the truth of this [/B][/QUOTE]
[i]"Light at the End of the Tunnel"[/i] & [i]"Winning Through Intimidation"[/i] was combined together in the US to become [i]"Panik Attack"[/i]. Every other country got the two eps seperately. There's absolutely no mention of a rape even in the manga as far as I know.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i]
[B][i]"Light at the End of the Tunnel"[/i] & [i]"Winning Through Intimidation"[/i] was combined together in the US to become [i]"Panik Attack"[/i]. Every other country got the two eps seperately. There's absolutely no mention of a rape even in the manga as far as I know. [/B][/QUOTE]
That is correct. But for some odd reason on the DVD, the episodes from Panik Attack were seperated into its rightful forms. The first episode being obviously known as "Panik Attack", and the second half being its Japanese name known as "Winning Trough Intimidation". Why they edited it for TV, but didnt for the DVD(KNOWING that it isnt nowhere near being uncensored. -_-), I have no idea.

The producers of US edited anime shows sometimes cut episodes like this to make both of them more "exciting." Best example, "Escaflowne." If you ever saw the butchered-to-no-end Saturday morning version of it (which of course, never had an ending cause they pulled it ><;;;; ), then you've seen how they made the first two original episodes one. They did this, most likely to combine the general plot that was featured in the first episode (cutting out the slow-paced subplot which totally got justified later in the original series) and the action of the second episode (which proved to be much too violent, with its blood and profanity).

I often wish that US producers didn't go by this strategy, but they do. For some shows, like Escaflowne, it's necessary (only becuase they tried to make it kid-friendly... heh... stupid idiots).

[color=green]Alright, Merick is getting scary, even before Yami Merick takes over. The distortion of his face while he is communicating w/Odian. I think that Merick's sister is going to have to come out of her room really soon, she keeps saying how the world needs to be saved, but she isn't doing anything to help, and did she duel in the tournament too, or where did her locator card come from?[/color]

The reason why she's been hiding, is because she knows exactly when she's going to duel. Plus I think she's hiding from Marik, to try to save him by his Yami form not knowing about it. As for her dueling disk and all... that's a mystery. Obviously, she's been dueling but no one was supposed to know about it until she showed up at the finals.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green]Alright, Merick is getting scary, even before Yami Merick takes over. The distortion of his face while he is communicating w/Odian. I think that Merick's sister is going to have to come out of her room really soon, she keeps saying how the world needs to be saved, but she isn't doing anything to help, and did she duel in the tournament too, or where did her locator card come from?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

1. If you think Malik is scary in the english dub, you may not want to see the Japanese version. You wont be able to sleep for about a year. Especially durin the Alcatraz Tower battles.

2. About Isis(Ishizu), not this Saturday, but next Saturday you'll be seein what she does and basically her whole purpose in bein there. I wont tell ya because I dont want to ruin it for ya. -_o

[color=green]Well, that is exciting. I don't really mean Malik is [i]scary[/i] persay. I mean the distortion of his face was intriguing... He is so much more menacing than Pegasus as a villan. Now you have me intrigued as to the Japaneze version of Malik... I wanted to see it before, noe I REALLY want to see it.

I don't like the turn they've taken Seto Kaiba this season. He is just so involved with the cards, he seems to have lost all the depth they alluded to in the Duelist's Kingdom. I really want to see what will happen with him if he accepts that he is the wizard incarnation to fight Yami...[/color]

Seto has pretty much been his old self from the beginning- of course, the big change came when his "evil side" was banished to the shadow realm by Yami. But he did seem to be much more noble in the first season than he is now, primarily because he only entered Pegasus's tournament to save Mokuba. Now that Mokuba is free, Seto is now free... to do whatever he wants.

A friend of mine is a big fan of his, and I wish I was too; but I hate seeing him as such an arrogant jerk. But my friend and I both feel confident in thinking that he will change for the better soon. I guess all he really needs is a good kick in the pants, and to realize that magic (at least in his world) is real, and so is his past in ancient Egypt. Then, maybe he'll start to change only because he doesn't want to be the old slimeball that he was long ago.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i]
[B]Hey you know what. I'm starting to think that the "evil part" Of Seto Kaiba was his original recarated self. You know his priest self way back in eguiptian time. What do you guys think? [/B][/QUOTE]
You'll see later on in the series(durin the Alcatraz Tower battle which we more then likely wont be gettin until next year on the year after. So even if this were a spoiler, you'd forget all about it by the time it actually airs here. ^_^).

You wanna know why Seto looks like he's got his boxers backwards- Obelisk-itis. He was so happy that he got Obelisk, he goes all arrogant and thinks that not even the other God card-holders, Yugi and Marik can beat him- despite the fact that Obelisk is probably the weakest of the 3 cards, and isn't really even an Egyptian God anyway. He's merely driven by revenge against Yugi and obtaining the 3 God cards. It's pride and greed, plain and simple.

Okay, opinions on today's episodes:

W00t! Not to shabby for American version (though I wish I could have seen to ***. version).

I'm just slightly confused about something...

If Yami can use his Millenium powers to "help" Mai, why doesn't he give her her memory back? And if he can send people to the Shadow Realm, why can't he bring ones sent there back?

Maybe the one who sends the person there has to bring them back... who knows...

Anyways, I liked the scene where Joey was trying to save Mai. I was chanting, throughout that entire scene, 'KISS HER! KISS HER!'

But alas, no kiss.

I can't wait til next saturday. Can someone tell me which duel it's going to be?

[color=green]It has to be Kaiba and Isis. They are the only one left for the first round.

I am wondering the same thing about Yami. Didn't the first time he dueled Evil Bakura, he banished the Spirit of the Ring with his puzzle? Why can't he bring Mai back from the Shadow Realm?

As to Kaiba, I am a huge Kaiba fan. He was my favorite character during Duelist Kingdom he seemed to have hidden depth, but in Duelists' City, he's so arrogant and one dimentional. I think I liked him better before his dark side was banished by Yami Yugi.[/color]

Eh, they did pretty decent on dubbin todays ep. There is only one problem that I had with the ep. Malik is supposed to be speaking in demonic tongues which no one can understand, but him when he unleashes Ra. Not sayin some stupid crap like "Ra, here my cry" and all that mess. But I'll admit, the final words of his chant was pretty decent though. Now why the edited the first few seconds of the chant, I dont know. Meh, guess to save time. *shrugs*

Now one thing I'm glad they left in was when Ra blasted Yugi in his back. I swear I thought they were going to take that whole scene out. Now that I know that they're brave enough to leave that in, maybe, just MAYBE [spoiler]they'll leave in the scene where Jounouchi is killed...well fried, by Ra.[/spoiler]. Hopefully they'll leave that scene in...but meh, we got another year before we get that ep here, so uuuh, yeah.

But it was a pretty good dubbing to a good ep. I just had those few beefs with it, but other then that, 4Kids actually did a good job on it.

And Bandit Joeykuba, as far as next weeks battle...-_-....just take a wild guess. Who's the only 2 folks that havent battled yet? ^_^ But yeah, its Kaiba and Isis(Ishizu). Speakin of which, I wonder if they're gonna name that mini saga as "Blast To Change The Future" or somethin like that. You know its gonna have somethin to do with changing the fu...well, nevermind. You'll see next week.

• 2 weeks later...
from what I can remeber from the japanese episode the two from yesterday where fine except they ended the first episode to early but I cant wait to see how hard Ill laugh when I see how they edit malik killing his father and how they do one turn kill

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinzu [/i]
[B]but I cant wait to see how hard Ill laugh when I see how they edit malik killing his father and how they do one turn kill [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I know that they're gonna butcher it badly though.

Also, about yesterdays eps...the main problem I saw with it was..Kaiba just wasnt as emotional as he was supposed to be. Especially at the part when he sacrificed Obelisk to call upon Blue Eyes. I mean, the way he did it in the Japanese version, you almost drew a friggen tear. After he saw his past self on his knees looking at that blue eyes tablet, that was just somethin else(especially when there was complete silence and you saw him stand there in shock). But the part that really got me, was when he stated "Thats right, I'll sacrifice Obelisk! MY PRIDE AND MY SOUL....MY FUTURE IS DECIDED BY ME AND ME ALONE!! OBELISK AND KAJAT WARRIOR, FOR MY LOYAL SERVANT, YOU 2 WILL BE MY OFFERINGS. FOR THE HONEST SERVANT WHO HAS MY PRIDE AND MY SOUL!! Come out! BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!!" When he said that with all of that emotion, I was like "goodness...Isis, just give up now.". lol And I'm tellin ya, if you saw the Japanese versions of the show, and you werent a Kaiba fan...well dangit, you became one after watchin that episode. Thats for sure.

Plus, at the end of the episode, Kaiba didnt just blow Isis off. And Isis never did ask Kaiba to help her. She was just wondering how he was able to do what he was able to do with Obelisk, and he just simply stated "There is something existing that you have to trust more than a God Card. I will keep this faith.", and something along those lines. It was somewhat of a religious type statement or whatnot. Why they changed it and kept Kaiba being a stuck up snob is beyond me. I hate to see what they're going to have Kaiba say [spoiler]after Jounouchi is fried by Malik[/spoiler]. If they have Kaiba talk bad about him and not show respect like he's supposed to towards Jounouchi, I swear I wont watch another english episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! as long as I live.

But yeah, thats basically what was supposed to happen. It was supposed to be one of the most emotional scenes in the entire Battle Blimp saga, but again, 4Kids ruined it. *shrugs* Oh well. They BET NOT mess up "One Turn KILL". -_-

Guest Majin Megaman
You know how Isis put that trap card in her monster because she knew Kaiba would sacrifice her monsters for Obelisk and then the trap card was inside Obelisk. Then why didn't Kaibas Blue Eyes have the same heart looking thing inside it since Kaiba sacrificed Obelisk for it?

Guest Altron Gundam
To SS5:

Yes, the eventual defeat of Yami Malik will free Mai, Jounouchi, and Bakura.

The Immense Divine Colossus of Obelisk(G/Phantom Beast/10/4000/4000)
- Sacrifice two monsters to Obelisk. Destroy all your opponent's monsters on the field and do 4000 damage(direct damage) to your opponent's life points.

----------------
To Majin:

Because the trap, Explosive Sacrificial Embrace can only stem from an opponent's monster. The trap was set to blow within Obelisk because Kaiba sacrifice'd Isis' monsters. When he sacrifices Obelisk, Obelisk is his monster, therefore, the trap does not activate.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mina [/i]
[B]Question: Who was that person in Kaiba's (Egyptian Kaiba) arms when he's in front of the BEWD tablet? I'm sure it was a person.

Or I might just be blind. [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

No you arn't blind unless I am too. I noticed that also. Humm Maybe Jin can help us out with this . I think it may be his "love" but that's just my opinion. [/color][/font]

I KNOW WHO IT IS!!!

...At least I think I know. The manga explains that in Egypt, some priests tried to control "Kas," or people who represented a card monster's spirit or something. That girl was the Ka of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.