OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem:
[spoiler] They believe that Odion is Marik because of several events. One, Marik has made them believe that he is 'Namu'. Two, they have never sen Marik face to face, so how could they know what he looks like? Three, when Marik makes Joey his mind-slave, the only person Joey sees is Odion, who has his hand outstrecthed, thusly making Joey think that Odion is Marik. Four, Odion never speaks (at least he hasn't yet) and Marik disguised his voice to be Namu, so voice comparisons are out. Five, in Battle Ship/Blimp (Which one holds the semi-finals, I can't remember.) Marik gives Odion temporary care of the Millenium Rod and has him tell everyone that he's Marik.[/spoiler] Whew, that was a lot to type on a empty brain. Oh yeah, one more thing:
[spoiler] They find out that Marik is actually Marik and not Namu (if that makes any sense) in the Marik vs Mai duel. [/spoiler]

the last episode i saw was Yami Bakura VS Bones

Yami Bakura ended it far too quickly for my liking. he only played 2 monsters throughout the entire duel while bones played 3 roughly, and a few magics and traps were in there as well but it all still seemed too easy for yami bakura.

it wasn't very interesting actually. anyways they were dueling in the shadow realm which i haven't seen in a while so that's a bonus i guess. :p

That many? The last of the four where [spoiler]Joey duels Yugi under the control of Marik[/spoiler] was onlyon Saturday. So it's only two episodes ahead at most, I'd have thought. But you never know. The [spoiler]Mai/Magnum[/spoiler] episode seemed a lot like an 'end of section' episode to me, but I severely hope they'll keep going after that. I can't put up with SkyOne only showing one episode a week. They are very good episodes though, but one's not enough to fuel my addiction.

[spoiler]I did think that the Mai vs Magnum one was very much a filler episode. I guess it had to happen sometime, but they annoy me because I want to get to the end of the series to see what happens to everyone. And Magnum was irritating. But it was good to see some Mai/Joey interaction. Good stuff, but not entirely necessary to the plot.[/spoiler]

Today saw the first two episodes of the Battle Blimp arc in the UK and they were good episodes, despite having rather a lot of the same thing over and over again (i.e. they didn't want to start the first duel in the first episode so they repeated things you already knew). But it wasn't unnecessarry by any means- we finally saw all eight finallists coming together [spoiler]Kaiba, Yugi, Joey, Mai, Marik, Odeon, Bakura and Ishizu[/spoiler] and taking off in the Blimp, which itself looks pretty good. There were also some funny moments in Joey's room.

The second episode was [spoiler]Yugi vs. Bakura[/spoiler], which was pretty exciting. The gang have now realized that [spoiler]Bakura has his ring back and is once again under the control of the Spirit of the Millennium Ring.

It kicks off with Bakura summoning The Portrait's Secret in Attack Mode and Yugi destroying it with Gazelle. He then destroys Bakura's Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams and Headless Knight with Gamma, bringing Bakura's Life Points down to 450 or so. Bakura then summons Dark Necrofear (which has the baby doll edited out), which is then destroyed by Yugi's Dark Magician Girl equipped with Magic Formula, bringing Bakura's Life Points to 150. As far as I gather, DN's effect is ignored as Bakura doesn't take control of either of Yugi's monsters, but he does use Dark Sanctuary, the effects of which we'll have to see in the next episode...[/spoiler]

Overall, it's pretty good so far. I hope Nickelodeon will keep showing the new episodes for a good stretch of the arc, preferably at least until [spoiler]The final battle between Yugi and Marik.[/spoiler]

GRRRR!!

in the us there just showing two episodes from the pegasus saga today!!
:mad:

why cant kidswb be nice and acually show us at least 1 new episode a week? i hate this show new episodes for a few weeks then show old episodes for a few more weeks then start up new ones again....
it drives me insane!!

Yeah man, join the club. It pissed me off soo much that I just turned the entire friggen TV off and decided to watch a few of the Alcatraz Tower eps(Japanese version of course)that I have on my comp. ^_^ But anyway, its days like this that I wished I lived in the UK.....tell me I didnt just say that. j/k But eh, looks like we'll have to wait about 2 or 3 more weeks before we get to see Evil Jounouchi Vs Yami Yugi. :rolleyes:

[spoiler]Yugi vs. Bakura part two starts off where we left the last episode, which Yugi, Bakura and everyone else on top of the Battle Blimp encased by the Dark Sanctuary. Just as Yugi decides to finish the duel and attack with Gamma, a ghost springs out from the back of it and educts half of Gamma's attack from his Life Points, and adds the same to Bakura's. Yami Bakura explains that the ghost of the Dark Sanctuary allows him to possess one monster, and wif Yugi attacks with his monster half of that monster's Attack Points get deducted from Yugi's Life Points and added to his.

I can't quite remember what happens next, but Yugi decided to attack him with Dark Magician Girl, from which a ghost uddenly leaps back and hits Yugi's LP again. Bakura then reveals that he can choose which monster he can possess each turn, so Yugi has to make the right choice as to which.

He summons Kuriboh in defense mode, and I apologise for the vagueness of this and the next few bits as I can't remember what happened >_<; )

During this time, Bakura activates the Destiny Board, which gives Yugi five turns in which to win or lose. He also lays one card face-down, which, when a monster attacks, he can choose another monster to attack instead (can't remember tha name, but it was a Trap Card)

As he can't attack with any of his monsters in case of the ghost possessing them, Yugi activates Collected Power to 'focus all of the Magic Cards onto one monster', which he chooses to be Kuriboh. He then plays Exile of the Wicked to destroy Kuriboh, the ghost and the Dark Magician Girl's Magic Formula.

At some point Yugi activates Monster Reborn to bring back Dark Necrofear, which as she was the monster which allowed Dark Sanctuary to be activated, deactivates it. Bakura summons Jowgen the Spiritualist and destroys DN, which brings back the Dark Sanctuary.

Anyway, getting towards the end, Bakura has F-I-N-A up, and Yugi can do almost nothing to win, except summon Slifer. After some thought, he draws it from his deck and sacrifices DMG, Big Shield Gardner and Gamma the Magnet Warrior as a Tribute, and the best entrance for a Duel Monster so far happens ^_^ Slifer wraps itself round the entire Blimp.

Just as Yugi is about to deliver the final blow, Odeon (posing as Marik) arrives and tells Yugi that Bakura is under the control of his Millennium Rod, and so frees Bakura from the Spirit of the Ring. Being weak and sick, the real Bakura falls to the ground, confused. Yugi and Joey want to help, but are warned that they'll be disqualified if they got to help him. Yugi has to make a tough choice, whether to risk hurting Bakura or the fate of the world.

Suddenly, the Spirit of the Ring takes over Bakura again and tells Yugi to attack- he needs Bakura to survive. Yugi does so, and Bakura falls to the ground, barely conscious.

Having now won the duel, Yugi and everyone else (except Kaiba) go to help Bakura and take him to a bedroom. They place him on the bed and think about what had happened, and what link the Spirit could have with Marik.

Tea offers to stay with Bakura while the others go to see Kaiba. As they leave, Yugi notices that the Millennium Ring is missing form Bakura's neck.

After they have gone, Tea's eyes glaze over and a yellow light is seen emenetaing from her. She holds up the Millennium Ring and we hear Marik's laugh in the background...[/spoiler]

Good stuff ^_^

[spoiler]Well I'm saying this much, there are going to several battles where we get to see the REAL RA! Marik vs. Mai, Marik vs. Bakura, and well sorta the battle beteween Marik and Joey. Although that copy of Ra in the battle between Joey and Odion was a fake that's why it nearly killed both Joey and Odion. Anyways the battle between Marik and Mai is rather odd, Mai summons Ra but he comes out in a metal sphere mode and once Mai looks down at the card the text has changed to Heratic and Marik starts chanting that language which then gives him total control of Ra. This is one of his 5 effects. Mai's soul is then lost for a while.[/spoiler] That's all I remember.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B] He also lays one card face-down, which, when a monster attacks, he can choose another monster to attack instead (can't remember tha name, but it was a Trap Card)

[/B][/QUOTE]

do you mean dark spirit of the silent?

Also,[spoiler]in the Mai vs Marik duel, Marik somehow (can't remember how) makes her lose her memories of her friends. After she loses, Marik traps her soul in a hourglass. If all of the sand gets to the bottom, she dies. That's when Joey gets extremely angry at the real Marik.[/spoiler]
I can't wait until they get more new episodes on Kids WB... Or until I can buy subtitled episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
The new episode was just great. here i was getting all hyped up about a new episode and it was just a recap episode :cross: . exsept for the small fact that kaiba still does not believe in the power of the millenium items. That made me laugh when he said that.

Hehe... The new epi was funny. :p I loved the expressions that the Kaiba brothers kept giving off. ^__^ Especially Mokuba... *giggles at the pictures of bug-eyed Mokuba*

I was kinda mad that it was a recap epi, but it gave me and my sister a chance to talk through the whole thing. :pv We spent about three quarters of the episode arguing over who was flying the helecopter. (There was a driver!! My sis is convince3d Mokuba was flying it. :rolleyes: Hello!)

LOL, sorry. Anyway...

~SJ