Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Now at first I didnt dislike this woman because of her willingness to be nice to gokou and vegeta about life after death.

But the more I see of her in db compared to dbz, I realize that she is one nasty lady. Or atleast was intended to be that way at first.

So I wanna know who else got really fed up with baba?

I mean, she is nasty and mean spirited as well as just plan cynical.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]i don't like her just because she looks stupid. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Are you saying that you don't like her, only because she looks stupid? Or that you don't like her just because she looks stupid, implying that there is more about her that makes her likable?

Bah, I'm confusing myself. Well, yesterday was the first episode I saw of Dragonball in a LONG time, and by coincidence, I happen to see Buba. She is made out more evil in Dragonball, but I think Toriyama made her nicer in Dragonball because with all of the bad guys now, there is really no point in the "good guys" fighting together.
Posted
Yeah, I would certainly have to agree that Baba is a very rude and nasty woman. But she's just doin her job pretty much(atleast in DBZ anyway when she rushed Goku to take him back to Heaven.). Now in DB, she's just rude because she knows that she's about to have to tell a fortune(or you could say because she's gettin ready to lose a bet.). Now you gotta admit, that is somewhat realistic because whenever someone is gettin ready to lose a bet, what usually happens? They get rude, pissed off, and VERY nasty wit people. And that was in Baba's case.

But then again, it could be because she's old and decrepit. Who wouldnt be nasty if they looked that friggen ugly? She looks like a slinky wit skin on it. *shudders*
Posted
[color=red]Eh...she's okay, I guess. I mean, by no means is she cruel or unusual most of the time, she's just a little flaky.

Hmm...she and Roshi are both a little flaky...think it was their mother?

--Chris[/color]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Baba is soooooo annoying to me. I hate her voice in the dubs and subs, because it gets annoying the first time you hear it. @_@;
On top of that, there were re-runs of those eipsodes with Baba before the Tournament, that really got annoying. >>;

The way she looks doesn't bother me much... it just annoys me when she has a serious expression on her face. >>;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]She has really never bothered me at all. Sure her spells sound really stupid and such, but she is really not [i]that[/i] bad.

*shrugs* That is just me, though.[/color][/size]
Posted
she looks like an old lady who doesn't like judgement, and the entire opinion of anybody else, so I guess that makes her kind of nasty. Then again, she is a bitter old lady, so that justifies it a little bit.
Posted
[color=darkblue]Another reason I dislike her is b/c every time I hear her voice, it sound all gravelly, like it's full of loogies. I unconsciously start clearing my throat whenever I hear her. She makes me want to grab her & pour Listerine down her gullet.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...