Bandit Joeykuba Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i] [B]Question: In [i]"The Gaunlet is Thrown"[/i], how does Yugi mis-describe the Dark Magician? [/B][/QUOTE] I do believe he says it's one of the strongest magic cards in the game, when he meant spellcaster.
Snodin Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 I believe that is the correct answer! You go ahead with the next question. ssjBrolli? For the record, I'm a she. :)
Bandit Joeykuba Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 In the American Version, name all the duels with a shadow realm punishment in Battle City (excluding Battle Blimp/Finals) and how the loser was tobe banished there.
Snodin Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 Okay, I think I know this... The first was the duel between Yugi and Arcana. The one with Seeker doesn't count 'cause he didn't know he was gonna be banished to the Shadow Realm. Anyway, Arcana had himself and Yugi leg-locked in a ring that had these spinning blades that got closer and closer to them, depending on how many life points each player lost. The loser would be touched by those blades, and thus banished to the shadow realm. The second was the second duel between Yugi and Kaiba, and Lumous and Umbra. At the end of their life point count, the glass floor of a player would break, and they'd go tumbling down a long pit, staight into the shadow realm. The third was between Yami Bakura and Bones and his pals. He secretly brought them to the shadow realm, and only if they could defeat him, they's escape with their lives. They didn't beat him, so they were lost in the shadow realm.... possibly forever. Okay, if I'm right, I'll go with the next question. What is the very first NON-harpy related monster that Mai ever played in the anime?
shadowfire Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 I do believe her first NON-Harpie related monster that is shown is Dark Witch but if it's in an actual duel I belive it was Amazoness Swordswoman.
Snodin Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 Dark Witch was the answer I've been looking for; I shoulda have been more specific, asking for a "generally used monster." Excellent work, shadowfire! (love the name too!) You go next.
shadowfire Posted October 9, 2003 Posted October 9, 2003 In the english version in the episode "Aftermath", what were the cards Bakura flipped during Pegasus's Duel Monsters tarot card reading to check out his past ?.
Digital Monster Posted October 9, 2003 Posted October 9, 2003 Happy Lover (past), Mask of Darkness (present), and Doma the Angel of Silence (future). Next question goes to whoever posts one first.
Snodin Posted October 9, 2003 Posted October 9, 2003 Thanks, DM, that's very generous of you. Okay, here I go. Q.) What were the two magic or trap cards that Arcana used to try to destroy Yugi's Dark Magician, and what cards did Yugi use to save him? (This was before Arcana used another card to put Dark Magician out of play for good.)
lumberjack80 Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 Arkana played Mystical Guitine, which Yugi countered with Magical Hats. Then, Arkana played Thousand Knives which Yugi countered with Curse Breaker. Question: In the same exchange as above, what was wrong with the final outcome of the events (meaning cards played and their effects)?
Digital Monster Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 Curse Breaker (or De-Spell) is not a Quick-play Magic Card, which is what it had to have been to work in the real card game and save the Dark Magician. If that's right, I'll throw out the question again. It takes me ages to think up questions, I prefer just to answer.
lumberjack80 Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 not quite what i was looking for, but technically, that was correct. i was looking for the fact that curse breaker destroyed all the magic cards on the field and for some reason, magical hats were destroyed as well. go ahead and ask a question whenever you're ready.
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 Well, since Digital Monster doesnt like askin questions, I guess I'll ask one. I have a couple in mind, so uuh, yeah. Here it goes. In the anime, during the Doom Organization saga(which is going on right now in Japan), there are 3 dragons that are unleashed. What are all 3 of their names, and who owns each of em. For extra credit, name them in order of appearance. This is somewhat of a spoiler question...well, not really, but still, if you want, you can put the answer in spoiler tags.
Kakashi Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 [spoiler]Yugi- Timaeus Kaiba- Critias Joey/Jounouchi- Hellmos[/spoiler] Edit: Presumably I have to put a question up, so here goes. (Also from the DOOM arc)What card does Haga claim to contain Yugi's soul and procedd to rip in two whilst he's duelling on the train?
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 11, 2003 Posted October 11, 2003 [spoiler]Gokibore[/spoiler] Now, next question, yet ANOTHER from the Doom Organization saga. There is something very different about these duels then any other duel that has ever taken place in all of Yu-Gi-Oh!. Basically, you lose more than just the duel. What is it that you lose if you lose a battle in this saga? Remember, spoiler tags if you know the answer. ^_^
Digital Monster Posted October 11, 2003 Posted October 11, 2003 [spoiler]Your soul is taken by the rules of the Curse of Orchialos (sp?)[/spoiler], or something along that line.
Snodin Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Okay, you probably got that one right. If you don't wanna ask the next question, please let us know!
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Yeah, he got it right. Plus Digital Monster usually doesnt like to ask questions, so I'll ask another. Alright, this maybe pretty hard and I have a feelin some folks are gonna answer it and more than likely get it wrong. So here it goes. How many episodes were there in [b]THE FIRST[/b] season of Yu-Gi-Oh! And what was the name of the saga? For extra credit, what was the strange part about this season(there are 4 things different in it, but you can get extra credit for each thing you name.)
Digital Monster Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 There's 27 in the original season. What' s strange about it? Seto and Serenity's hair colours are completely different. Seto's green and Serenity's purple. Heh, that's all I know.
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Correct. Now so you know, the 4 things strange about it that I was lookin for is this. Its the only season to go by negative numbers(you know, it began with episode -27 and went down to -1) It only aired in Japan. Had an extra character which you'll never see in Yu-Gi-Oh! again(I cant remember her name, but its that chick Honda was in love with.) And you basically got the other part right about the diffrent hair color. And lets not forget about the voices. Now, next question. *tries to think of somethin hard.* Okay, another spoiler question. (couldnt think of anything really hard. -_- ) In the beginning of the Alcatraz Tower battle, there was a Fatal Four Way/Battle Royal between Kaiba, Yugi, Malik, and Jounouchi. What was the EXACT order of elimination? Remember, spoiler tags. ^_^
Bandit Joeykuba Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 I do believe it goes : [spoiler]Jou, Kaiba, Malik with Yugi winning the whole thing.[/spoiler] But I ain't sure.
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bandit Joeykuba [/i] [B]I do believe it goes : [spoiler]Jou, Kaiba, Malik with Yugi winning the whole thing.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE] Unfortunatly, thats the wrong answer. THe question is still open folks.
Kakashi Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [spoiler]Malik/Marik then Jounouchi/Joey Neither Yugi or Kaiba are knocked out, since with the elimination of two players, the semi-final matches are already decided.[/spoiler]
Jinzouningen17 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Bingo. ^_^ I think I've asked enough questions for a while. So uuuh, whoever wants to ask the next question, feel free.
Kakashi Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Okay...I'll try making this one hard. What mistake do the dubbers make during the Rebecca/Yugi match in regards to Cannon Soldier? There are at least two things wrong.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now