OtakuBoards

GTA Vice City Discussion

Tommy Vercetti

Yeap, very true.

Took me three trys.

I got to 44 the first time, and 35 the second time. The thing you have to watch out for is the cops. Just turn down the music volume, and sound effects way up. If you hear the cop shout, floor it.

You will need to stop every 10 customers or so, because of your wanted level, and go to a Pay 'n' Spray.

The best place to do the missions is down by the docks, it's close to cherry poppers, there are lots of customers, and there is a Pay 'n' Spray nearbye.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it at the end of sunshine autos road heading onto the airport area. Loads of people came, then the odd police here and there. Good job I know the police cheat of by heart (did it first go). :D Yeah the docks otherwise would be a good idea.

The one that was pointless was poles position asset - to complete that you have to spend $600 on the girl in back. That's really pointless and boring to watch! :demon:

The pole position one is stupid indeed just watching a virtual girl wiggling her hips is quite pointless and you waste $600 which could come in handy if you are low on cash. I also found Check Point Charlie very stupid and the one for the cubans when you have to see if you have bigcajones or not as the last checkpoint was like hidden for some reason but i did it on my second attempt.

Well at least the checkpoint boat races were actually challenging and kept me awake lol. Ohhh a girl is dancing WOW!:p Anyway I love that checkpoint one for the cubans *points at Big Cajones* (Ah yes that's where I got my name from :) ), I had big enough cajones to complete this mission, it was alrite not too excilarating, but enjoy the Cuban leader talking! :D

well, one time,one gta 3 I used the cheat where your car handled better. I jumped, land on a fire truck, and got stuck in the air. I reset the game, and tried it again, but it didn't work. On VC, the cops shot me through a cement wall. There are a few bugs they needed to fix on that game

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sniglefager [/i]
[B]There are a few bugs they needed to fix on that game [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]A [i]few[/i]!? Man, that game is bug and glitch infested to the point of insanity![/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue]GTA Vice City was totally rushed. If Rockstar didn't tell you about releases so damn early, they wouldn't have to be rushed. I reckon that you can expect more glitches on 'Sin City' and 'GTA4'.
Oh, I remeber a glitch on Vice City. I was riding a motorbike (forgot which one) and the guy like, got half on it, and sat on the air next to it, then he rode along perfectly. It was really dodgy.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S@bretooth [/i]
[B]I never kne there [i]were[/i] trains in gta2, is that the pc version?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, the PSX version was junky...>>

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S@bretooth [/i]
[B]ha, try doing that with mines, I did a rampage with mines once, and they were all blow up by the unsuspecting cars, then when I was on a very inportant mission, I ran over one that wasn't deactivated.
-Karma -_-.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hah. The worst, by far, is doing both at the same time. I did that after I read your post, and I must say, it was not fun...-_-

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B]They are making a PC version of Vice City, it's supposed to be shinier whether or not it will be glitch free I'm not sure?[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Rockstar wouls iron out all as many glitches before releasing it on the PC. If people knew there were glitches they probably wouldn't want to but it.

Regards
Blade:naughty:

I got on the gta3 train after reading Medra's post, and I was riding along on it's roof. The only thing was, I had to turn and keep up with the train, so I lost my balance, and ended up falling to the ground. and another thing, i was hell wanted by the feds, and got wasted.

Just to open up some conversation, I wanted to ask wheat everyone's favorite weapon is and why. I have alwasy loved the sniper rifle, either kind in Vice City, because you can take out your opponents before they even knows what hit them.

Well, a sniper rifle is wicked in any game.

[b][u]Favorite Weapons[/b][/u]

[b]Fist:[/b] Brass Knuckles [size=1]Love that sound[/size]
[b]Melee:[/b] Katana [size=1]Mmm.. slicing goodness[/size]
[b]Pistol:[/b] Colt Python [size=1]One shot kill magnum, need i say more?[/size]
[b]Sub-Machine Gun:[/b] MP5 [size=1]Powerful and fast firing, love it on the motorcycle[/size]
[b]Rifle:[/b] M4 [size=1]Not much choice here[/size]
[b]Sniper Rifle:[/b] PSG-1 [size=1]Fast firing sniper rifle *Drowns in own drool*[/size]
[b]Shotgun:[/b] Spas-12 [size=1]Fast firing shotgun *Drowns again*[/size]
[b]Explosive:[/b] Molotov Cocktail [size=1]Fire in a bottle[/size]
[b]Heavy Weapon:[/b] M60 [size=1]Rips anything to shreds[/size]

[b]Overall weapon:[/b] Colt Python

I have always been a fan of magnums.

[size=1][color=crimson]You meant to say why! Spam-head! -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]
[size=1]Fixed it... ... ...Spam-face! -[b]NeoC[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]

[b]Heavy Weapon:[/b] M60
[/QUOTE]

*applauds* Yes, go the M60, most overlooked weapon in the game, In my Opinion. Rips vehicles to shreds, and pedestrians have no chance. ^_^

[b]Fist:[/b] [i]Brass Knuckles[/i] -- Goes without saying, really.
[b]Melee:[/b] [i]Hammer[/i] -- So brutal!
[b]Pistol:[/b] [i]Colt Python[/i] -- Like a hot knife through Butter.
[b]Sub-Machine Gun:[/b] [i]Ingram[/i] -- Looks cool, nice ROF too.
[b]Rifle:[/b] [i]M4[/i] -- Woo!
[b]Sniper Rifle:[/b] [i]PSG-1[/i] -- Again, it goes without saying.
[b]Shotgun:[/b] [i]Stubby Shotgun[/i] -- ees so kyute! ^_~
[b]Explosive:[/b] [i]Tear Gas[/i] -- Oh, the Chaos..
[b]Heavy Weapon:[/b] [i]M60[/i] -- More deadly than it looks.

[b]Overall weapon:[/b] [i]Spas-12[/i] -- Easily the most useful weapon.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]*applauds* Yes, go the M60, most overlooked weapon in the game, In my Opinion. Rips vehicles to shreds, and pedestrians have no chance. ^_^[/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, one bullet kills. And no more than 10 for a car.

But Connor, Hammer over Katana?

Any reason for this? I always assumed you were the katana type, but i guess the bludgeon factor got to you.

[size=1][color=crimson]Hmm.. I'd say the hammer over the katana for the sounds that it makes. Repeatedly beating a dead person with a hammer produces a really cool sound. ^^;;

As for guns, I don't yet own Vice City, but on GTAIII I like the Handgun (for the sound ^^), and the Assault Rifle because it is the most powerful bullet-firing-thing (apart from Rocket Launcher); I loved the way it just ripped up cars and pedestrians..[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, I like the sniper rifle, because as Outlaw said, you can hit your target, and they don't see it coming. I like using it on head shots, becuase all the blood goes like a fountain etc. *spares the details*.
I like the chainsaw a lot too, a truly gruesome weapon, and the machete is also great, becuase you can slash people, and you can carry on doing it while they are on the floor.
Ah, Break, hammer to the dead body repeatedly...squish...squish...squish ^_^;;;Pure Evil.[/color][/size]

I like the brass knuckles as they make a cool sound when you punch someone and can usually kill with one hit.
Chainsaw makes great noise and i like hacking up people with it as you can like get quite a few people if they are in range of the attack.
Sniper rifle is cool if i feel like being stealthy from a high up location and jus aiming at various parts of peoples bodies and they don't have a clue what is happening.
The assault rifle is very cool and fires alot of bullets and is good for killing mutiple enemies and i use this for popping car tyres for some reason.
My last fav weapon is the shotgun as this like kills someone with one shot although it usually takes a long time for it to reload.

I think the cuban leader talks pretty cool too and i also think the cubans dress quite cool as well and i like the mission when you have to go with some cubans into a haitans drug warehouse i think and then you have to set down 3 bombs. The first time i did it i tried to get out then realised the gate was lock so got confused and died in the explosion but then i realised there were stairs leading up to the roof so i run up there and got out just as everything exploded.

Wanna play, eh?

Fist: Bare knuckles -- *pow*
Melee: Golf club -- Knock them down, and it's the fastest melee weapon.
Pistol: Colt Python -- It reminds me of the Magnum from Goldeneye...^_^
Sub-Machine Gun: TEC-9 -- Gotta have my TECie, man...
Rifle: M4 -- As said by Flash, "Woo!"
Sniper Rifle: Sniper Rifle -- I hate the laser light because you can only see it if it's on something.
Shotgun: Stubby Shotgun -- It does more damage than a Chromed and it doesn't chew through ammo like the SPAZ
Explosive: Molotov Cocktails -- The only drink for a pyro...
Heavy Weapon: M60 -- Only because you can aim it and it knocks people flat on their ***.

Overall weapon: Chaingun -- Goes through cars with three bullets, and I love doing the "Shower of Bullets" with peddies.

Is it just me or are all the cops in vice city stupid and make the cops from GTA london look good

cause one time i was just blowing cars up for fun with the rocket launcher when a cop was right beside me then he yelled "Frezze" and i thought i was going to get wasted cause i only had one helth (there was a car to close and i blew it up ) and what does he do goes chasing a gang member instead of me i think all the donuts rotted his brain or something

Another time i was having a car chase so i stopped and the cops diddnt and they drove straight pass me and hit a road block and blew up and the road block was compleatly destroyed (and they tell us not to drink and drive)

and the last time was when i was flying a police chopper and they were chasing me so i fly beside a building and they were above and were dropping more police on top of me who were all getting cut up by my blades stupid or what

has anyone else had strange run in with stupid cops?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was playing vice city the other day and was doing vigilanty (excuse spelling) and was up to about mission lv 38 or 39 (using tank of course) and i had a wanted lz and was diving down a street minding my own and driving over everything i could and then there was a road block and the cops did gta 1 styles and shot my tank with 3 bullets and blew me up i mean how the hell do you blow up a tank with three pistol rounds

[color=indigo]Combined the double post that resulted from the merging of the two threads. :) - Desbreko[/color]

You know, it has more to do with the games A.I than the cops themselves. and because of the games A.I, They are quite stupid, I wreaked havoc on unsuspecting peds, and the cops bust a jay walker!

Hello, Vice city's equivalent to a one man Al Qaeda here, and you bust a pickpocket? come on o_O