OtakuBoards

GTA Vice City Discussion

Tommy Vercetti

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S@bretooth [/i]
[B][size=1][color=darkblue]I did that when i first saw the fire truck in GTA 2 lol.

Those helicopters are kick ***, especially the Hunter, I have a friend who has a save that's complete enough for him to have the Hunter at Fort Baxter (100 hidden packages) but not so far advanced to have the cop uniform, so we were extremely lucky to be able to get it out and take it for a test run

Brown Thunder kicks :p

EDIT: Does anyone know where you can get the sea plane from? where in the airport? I can't find it. I thought it might be the sea sparrow (80 hidden packages) but that was a wire frame helicopter [/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Complete the mission 'Dildo dodo' at the film studio and it is then freely available from the small jetty outside the film studio.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah getting busted is really annoying, but the most annoying thing I encountered is in Vice City.
I was doing the mission where you have to stop 4 trucks and get the weapons they are carrying. I wrecked the first truck and got out of my car. Then all of a sudden a heavily armed fagio gang shows up, and starts blasting me. I got away from them, but they just wouldn't stop pursuing me.
Every time I got out of my car I'd hear the buzzing of their scooters coming for me. End the end I have to say killed about a hundred of those annoying bastards.
:mad:

Please try to say something a little more than that caffeinefreak5, we are trying to encourage discussion here but pointless posts that incur no reply are no fun for anyone.

As for the matter of getting busted, I know all to what you?re talking about. Once I was in my Ambulance, up to about level 10 I think, and my driver?s side door smashed off. So I?m driving down the street, must be doing at least 50kph, but since I have no door, I go past a cop and... Busted... at 50kph, but a standing cop. Weird O_o

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think this is a glitch:

I was walking up in the lighthouse trying to do suicide. When I jumped off from one of the steps, Tommy did a matrix like move when he was in the middle of the lighthouse in mid-air! Then he mysteriously comes back to the steps... weird.

I have a question: Is it possible to jack a police car? I tried to once and I got busted. Soon I find out that you could kill the drivers by aiming at the drivers seat and shoot away... So if you've done that, can you jack the police car?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]I have a question: Is it possible to jack a police car? I tried to once and I got busted. Soon I find out that you could kill the drivers by aiming at the drivers seat and shoot away... So if you've done that, can you jack the police car? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's entirely possible to jack one without killing the officer inside. Just go to the passenger?s side door and try to open it, it will be locked and Tommy will just grab at the handle. The officer will then get out of his car and try and chase you. Simply try the door again, and it will be unlocked this time, and then just drive away before the cop knows what hit him.

[size=1] If you have a sniper rifle, you can take the cop out when he's driving. but you'll have a two star level instead of a one star. So it's probably wiser to jack the polica car in the way NeoC said, and get it to a respray shop fast.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji Ikari [/i]
[B][size=1] If you have a sniper rifle, you can take the cop out when he's driving. but you'll have a two star level instead of a one star. So it's probably wiser to jack the polica car in the way NeoC said, and get it to a respray shop fast.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

If only you could respray cop cars...

Just boost away from the cop and then the star will begin to flash and then just disappear.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]

I have a question: Is it possible to jack a police car? I tried to once and I got busted. Soon I find out that you could kill the drivers by aiming at the drivers seat and shoot away... So if you've done that, can you jack the police car? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]That question's already been answered, but what I will say, is that I really prefer stealing FBI cars and SWAT trucks. It's a [i]lot[/i] of fun too.

Sometimes I find myself playing for half an hour, and doing nothing but stealing FBI cars. I have a few garages full of them now. Ahem. :blush: [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]That question's already been answered, but what I will say, is that I really prefer stealing FBI cars and SWAT trucks. It's a [i]lot[/i] of fun too.

Sometimes I find myself playing for half an hour, and doing nothing but stealing FBI cars. I have a few garages full of them now. Ahem. :blush: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] hah! nothing beats stealing a Barracks OL and trying to get to a garage whilst dodging tanks.

I'm almost finished Vice City, but I can't seem to get the final story mission woth Sonny Forelli and his mob, does anyone know what percentage of the game needs to be complete to have Sonny and his men [spoiler] to steal your money, and attempt to take you down?[/spoiler]

Also, if anyone has any good tricks up there sleeve to keep the Love Fist limo going until the bomb is defused in the Mission "publicity tour" that would be appreciated.

And if I may ask a GTA3 question here, I need help on the Azuka mission where you got to visit all those payphones to get that paranoid dude to trust you, and the Kenji mission "Grand Theft auto" If the last question is considered off topic, please answer via pm. thanks fpr your help.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]If only you could respray cop cars...
[/B][/QUOTE]

boy, do I feel stupid V_V

*thinks of something to say that will restore credibiltiy*

Um, what I meant was, simply drive it to the respray shop, jack another car, get re sprayed and drive off in the cop car :sweat:.[/size]

Guest Tommy V GTA
One time I was on a sanches moto bike and hit a car, i fell off, but when i got back on the bike i was upside down driving around Weird :huh:

Guest Fly-T
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji Ikari [/i]
[B][size=1] hah! nothing beats stealing a Barracks OL and trying to get to a garage whilst dodging tanks.

I'm almost finished Vice City, but I can't seem to get the final story mission woth Sonny Forelli and his mob, does anyone know what percentage of the game needs to be complete to have Sonny and his men [spoiler] to steal your money, and attempt to take you down?[/spoiler]

Also, if anyone has any good tricks up there sleeve to keep the Love Fist limo going until the bomb is defused in the Mission "publicity tour" that would be appreciated.

And if I may ask a GTA3 question here, I need help on the Azuka mission where you got to visit all those payphones to get that paranoid dude to trust you, and the Kenji mission "Grand Theft auto" If the last question is considered off topic, please answer via pm. thanks fpr your help.

[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I got yo back...I guess what you have to do to get to the Sonny mission is buy all those properties with the Green on them that have missions (Printing Press, Malibu Club) and then beat them all...If you stuck on that Limo mission where you gotta drive around until they diffuse or whatever the bomb, Just dive in a circle around town...Hmm hard to exlpain where exactly its at or just drive all the way to the bridge connecting that part of town to Diaz's former mansion and stay straight. Theres a mission where you can kill Kenji and thats it...You just got to knap 3 cars while they are in mint condition. And for that paranoid dude, explain that one a little it more..

Guest Fly-T
Yeah, theres a donal love mission where he's gonan tell you to kill Kenji if you still stuck on Kenji....

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1] [b]Re: weird occurences, and some secrets too. [/b]

It's me again, I have a few new weird things to discuss, Since Vice city and GTA 3 are like the ONLY game I play at the moment :p

submarine helicopter?

There is a glitch in the game where if you fly the Sea sparrow (or other helicopter) into the vercetti mansion pool (directly behind it in the mansion itself) amd fly into the ceiling, you can then fly in an unloaded mansion, and you're clothes icon is there too.
Then you can simply fly down and have a look at Vice city from underwater, and veiw all kinds of hidden treasures, like sunken ships and sharks.

I found an easter egg in the game, was it released around easter time? It's on to of the VCN building, you jump into a window nearest the VCN heipad.

Rhetorical questions?

Pogo the monkey is new in GTA 3, vice City is in the 1980's, how is Pogo the Monkey available to play at a pizza shop 20 years prior to it's release?

The football palyer guest on K Chat mutters something about playing San Andreas, the next title in the series?

On Chatterbox FM on GTA 3, Lazlow tells one of his listners who rings up about veghetables, that "this is not Gardening with Maurice"
Could this "Maurice" be Maurice Chavez, the vegeterian host of VCPR?

I called my Vice City RPG "Islands of Sin" rumor has it that in fact, Sin city might be the name of the next game!!!

So, these are all pretty wierd, and funny things I've discovered recently, has anyone got anything to comment on them, possible explanations about how Pogo the Monkey ended up in 1980's? [/size]

[size=1] If you have to leave the icecream truck for [b]anything[/b] be it you got busted or an angry cuban pulled you out (o_O; they must really hate ice cream) or if you're just too tired to continue and leave of your own will, you will fail the mission.

-hint- Drive your ice cream truck on the first island so the cubans won't get you, that's them taken care of, if you get one star (i think every three ice creams you get one) drive ofr a bit until it goes away, then continue selling ice creams. If you get two they'll come after you in cars and ram you so you'd need to get the van resprayed immediately.

Checkpoint Charlie is simple to explain, collect all the checkpoints within the time limit to win the mission. Although that's alot harder to put into practice, I hate the boats handling on Vice City, it's so different from GTA 3. "Charlie" will personally greet you on the docks if you beat this mission. :p [/size]

i found a cheating way to win checkpoint charlie you enable the cheatcode cars float on water then get a fast car like the racer then you hob in one of the boats the hop in the car and the handling and speed is alot better

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]

The Matrix 1: Thro yourself down the middle of the stairs in the light house, tommy does a Trinity like move if you do it correctly.

The Matrix 2: Grab an adrenaline pill and take on some cops or pedestrians. Use a melee weapon on a car for a wicked "matrix reloaded" car chase effect. Those poor bastards driving never saw it coming!

Doing that on GTA3 is funnier, because the voices slow down on the first one, but you can't use melee weapons on cars, damn shame [/size]