Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, I have a kinda' silly question. How do you make the [U]here[/U] thing pop up? The one where you move your mouse over it and it turns into a pointing finger. Sorry if it's [I]too[/I] stupid a question. Thanx anyway! ^_^;;
Posted
[i] [u]NOTE[/u] All tags are performed without the * [/i]

well, say you wanted to link to google, if you put [*url]www.google.com[/url*] you will get a link like this[url]www.geocities.com[/url]

but to get what you want, do this,

put [*url=www.geocities.com]Here[/url*] will produce this: [url=www.google.com]Here[/url]

hope that helps :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]We do have an FAQ somewhere don't we? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] That's 'a', my Transticy Nerve. And yes, we do. It's in the [i]My Otaku[/i] section. CWB made it.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] That's 'a', my Transticy Nerve. And yes, we do. It's in the [i]My Otaku[/i] section. CWB made it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


[COLOR=deeppink]But you forget, My Otaku isn't open to the public yet.


There is another FAQ, though. [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?action=faq[/url]

^_^'[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] That's 'a', my Transticy Nerve. And yes, we do. It's in the [i]My Otaku[/i] section. CWB made it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, when refering to specific letters, you use "an" in many cases, the exceptions are like C... just say it out loud and you know it's weird... "I got an C on my paper." Doesn't sound right... "I got an F on my paper." Sounds right. "I spell my name with a M".... see sounds wrong. "I spell my name with an M." Sounds much better..If it's a high sounded letter, like C or D... you use "a"... but like lower duller sounding letters, like M or F, you use "an".
Posted
It depends. If the letter begins with a vowel sound (e.g. 'F' would be 'eff'), then you use an. 'C' is 'see', so you use 'a'.

Anyway, it's probably best to PM a moderator about questions like this in future. Not that I guess it matters that everyone who needs to know how to do linky things gets to see it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Actually, when refering to specific letters, you use "an" in many cases, the exceptions are like C... just say it out loud and you know it's weird... "I got an C on my paper." Doesn't sound right... "I got an F on my paper." Sounds right. "I spell my name with a M".... see sounds wrong. "I spell my name with an M." Sounds much better..If it's a high sounded letter, like C or D... you use "a"... but like lower duller sounding letters, like M or F, you use "an". [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] But I don't read FAQ F-A-Q...

I read it what it sounds like :p [Phack...][/color]
Posted
*laughs* ouch, you gotta be careful how you say that >_<

BTW, another way to get the URL thingies is to press the "http://" button under bold, italics, underline and whatnot, and fill out the pop-up boxes (I think they're javascript boxes... hmm... not sure...)
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]Braidless baka is right... then again Lan could be using the quick post feature...

[size=1](I pronounce FAQ like Mitch, "fac" like fact... with no T!!!)[/size] [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] But I don't read FAQ F-A-Q...

I read it what it sounds like :p [Phack...][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol why would you read it like that?

FAQ means Frequently Asked Questions, it's not a shorter version of a longer word lol. You guys are so weird.
Posted
I think that's how everyone says it... lol. As a word.

Scuba is a shorter version of many words, just like FAQ is... No one spells out scuba when they say it heh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...