Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I like the 80's. I basically grew up with 80's music playing in the house, some of it was french but I heard bands like Poison, Heart, Cyndi Lauper, Micheal Jackson... When he was good... Aand many more. All in all, I really somewhat miss the 80 style music. They really were the start of the music we listen too... I think I should stop typing, I am starting to repeat someone... :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i]
[B]Nobody can truly hate the 80's. If they say they do, they have no idea what they are talking about. Punk might never have come into being without the 80's.
[/B][/QUOTE]



[COLOR=deeppink]You're assuming that the person saying they hate the 80's likes punk. What if the person who says they hate the 80's also hates punk? :P


I like the 80's. I wouldn't ever be able to tell you which bands made their debut in the 80's, or even what songs were in the 80's, though. I'm not that into music.

But any decade that gave us Micheal Jackson and Weird Al is okay in my book.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=0099FF] [size=1]I really don't mind 80's music. Some of the 80's songs are pretty good, they are mostly hip pop though. [/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=darkblue]I love the 80's hair bands. And those chick groupies... think Kelly from Married with Children. Ah, hilarious times.

& the poppy trendy stuff was great, too.

"We can dance if you want to,
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause your friends don't dance & if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine!"

Plus, you know, it was the end of the true punk era. [/color]
Posted
THE SAFETY DANCE!
man, i love that song!
*puts on safety dance*
S-s-s-s
A-a-a-a
F-f-f-f
E-e-e-e
T-t-t-t
Y-y-y-y
Safe-Safe-Safety Dance!
that song is too friggin awesome...and the video is just wild. especially when they are running through that field.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]I love the 80's hair bands. And those chick groupies... think Kelly from Married with Children. Ah, hilarious times.

& the poppy trendy stuff was great, too.

"We can dance if you want to,
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause your friends don't dance & if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine!"

Plus, you know, it was the end of the true punk era. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Best Song Ever! No not really, but yes the Hair Bands did rule, did you see that special on VH1 over the Top Fourty Hair Bands of all time (Man, I watch way too much Music Television!)
Posted
I love 80s music!!! In fact, my local 80s station is #1 on my radio preset!!! A lot of people @ my high school listen to that station, though most of them would probably not tell everyone about that!!!
Posted
[color=red] I don't hate 80's music at all. In fact, most of what I know listen to [i]is[/i] 80's music. Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Cars, The Police, Rush, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers...the list goes on and on.

I don't think it is really [i]healthy[/i] exactly to hate 80's music. Most of it I believe is much better than most of the music we've got here today. But there's people out there that do hate it, and good for them. They're just missing out. So let them.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...