OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. ORDEAL OF A TRAVELER. If your opponent has a clear feild with only OOAT out and no cards in hand, can you still attack there lp directly , or same thing but with monsters out.

I played some guy who was like that and when I attacked he said I couldn't cause he had no cards in hand to judge of, therefore no attack can be called. I eventually won the right way, but would that be considered a true statemant or cheating?.

The guy you were playing was wrong; there were no cards to call, so he couldn't use the effect of Ordeal of a Traveller. If he can't use the effect, his card has no bearing on the game. It would be like using Robbin' Goblin against someone with an empty hand; the card's effect is still active, but you can't force them to discard what isn't there.

You should've been free to attack.

Shy it is a good trade if you really don't want blues eyes or you don't really need it. It also depends on if the Blue eyes is a starter deck card or a booster card if a booster maybe if starter yes all the way. So it really depends on if you really want it or you don't need it. So what I am saying is ya.

P.S. I don't think I would if it was a booster pack Blues eyes

I need help to find out what the perfect attack force is and Magic and traps I would need on the field to protect my monsters or magic and traps.So Please think hard

Shorty, please don't post multiple times in a row.

I've got a question about Shadow of Eyes. If you use it on an opponent's monster, can that monster attack that turn, even though it was [I]forced[/I] into Attack Mode?

I don't think so; your opponent has to make the monsters attack during his or her turn. I think the main purpose to Shadow of Eyes is to de-activate a flip-effect monster, and then eun it over with a high-ATK monster of your own. ...That's how I'd use it anyway.

To continue with my friend's question, Exiled Force needs to be tributed to destroy one monster on the opponent's field; kinda of like a kamikaze man-eater bug or something. And from what I remember about Heart of Clear Water, it's an equip magic card that must only be equipped to a monster with a low ATK, and that monster can't for any reason be attacked. I think.

OK I got a weird question. If I have a face up Robin Goblin , Don Zaloog, Gravekeeper Guard and a monster reborn Spear Soldier on the field and it's my turn with my opponent having nothing on field with 3 cards in hands.
I attack with Don Zaloog, thrue his effect he discards 1 and thrue Robin Goblin discards another, atk GK Guard, discards, atk Spear Soldier. Now since he has no cards in hand and since I attacked with Robin Goblin out, does he get to draw a card or discard the card he draws to a "lock".??

No; discard effects can only work when there are cards to discard. The same thing would go if you had a face down Magic Jammer, and couldn't activate it if you were to have no cards in your hand. The only cards that I know that can "lock" are Yata-Garasu and Mystical Knight Jackal.

Well, who would've thoughtt hat I'd pop in this thread. lol

Anyway, I got a question for all you card gurus out there. I just got my latest issue of Shonen Jump today and to my amazement, it came with a card. Who would've thought that it'd be a Red Eyes black Dragon. Now I already have 1 Red Eyes, but it looked nothing like this. I'm sure yall have seen the Red Eyes that comes in the Jounouchi(Joey) Starter Deck. Well, here is a scan of the one that came with my issue of Shonen Jump.

Now I'm wonderin, is this supposed to be a rare version of the card, a Shonen Jump original, or am I just makin too much into this and its just a regular Red Eyes. I mean goodness, I havent even seen this version on the show(even through the Doom Organization saga). Well, thanks in advance for the help.

[COLOR=#503F86]I've seen the Japanese version of that Red Eyes before- it's been around for a while there, from Promo Pack... 5? It's exactly like the Blue-Eyes promo, in that it's the same monster with the same stats as the original but just with a different picture. I think that one looks pretty nice, personally ^_^

So the picture's the only thing really different about it. I don't think it'll make much of an appearance in the series, though, seeing as Red-Eyes doesn't have a huge amount of story to attach to it.[/COLOR]

Here's something that came up at a tourny today.

My opponent COH my giant orc and declairs his attack. I flip Magical Cylinder, and then he plays Ring of Destruction on the orc. We both take 2200 dmg from ROD, but then I ask him why he isn't taking another 2200 from my Cylinder. He said that since he chained ROD after my MC, that it destroyed the orc and thus Magic Cylinder would not get it's effect because there's no orc on the field that attacked. I said that he ROD does not negate the effect of MC because he already attacked, so MC got it's effect first before ROD... but he continued to argue about it. His friend told me that that's how it works, and I let it slide, even though it costed me the duel. Was he wrong? Or is there a specific ruling I don't know about? Thanks.

In a chain, the last "link" resolves first...based on that, your opponent was more or less correct.

The way it works (to my knowledge):

Link 1: Orc attacks
Link 2: You chain Cylinders to the attack
Link 3: Opponent chains Ring

3 hits first, and without Orc, neither Cylinders nor Orc's attack can resolve.

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

Okay it's time to get this off my chest. I want to know if I'm right or that snitch is right at school. I have Moisture Creature in my hand. I offered two monster ONLY to summon it. Therefore his effect is not activated. However the kid at school Claimed I needed three sacrifices to summon it. So who's right? Me or him?.

Oh and also what are the card restrictions now? I've different ones lately. I'd like to know namely how many Witch of the Black Forest and Sangan is allowed in a deck.
[/font][/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]You can summon it with only two monsters, but if you choose to Tribute a third, that's when the effect's activated.

The restrictions as of Magician's Force are as follows:

I. Forbidden Cards

There are currently no cards on the Forbidden List (this doesn't apply to the Japanese-English God Cards, which aren't legal in the English game anyway).

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Breaker the Magical Warrior
Call of the Haunted
Card Destruction
Ceasefire
Change of Heart
Confiscation
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Exiled Force
Exodia the Forbidden One
Fiber Jar
Graceful Charity
Harpie?s Feather Duster
Heavy Storm
Imperial Order
Injection Fairy Lily
Jinzo
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Mage Power
Magic Cylinder
Mirage of Nightmare
Mirror Force
Monster Reborn
Morphing Jar
Painful Choice
Pot of Greed
Premature Burial
Raigeki
Reckless Greed
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Ring of Destruction
Sangan
Sinister Serpent
Snatch Steal
Swords of Revealing Light
The Forceful Sentry
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Twin-Headed Behemoth
United We Stand
Upstart Goblin
Witch of the Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Creature Swap
Last Turn
Marauding Captain
Morphing Jar #2
Nobleman of Crossout
Reinforcement of the Army[/COLOR]

I have a friend who wants to ask this question, so I'll ask it for him.

Let's say one player plays last turn, and my friend draws and summons a Jowgen the Spiritualist to Last turn's effect. If my friend were to pull off Jowgen's effect, would he automatically win? Or does Last Turn only allow the monster with the highest ATK to win?

[I]A while ago I acquired a Black Skull Dragon from a metal Raiders Booster. I already had two Summon SKulls in my deck and a Polymerization in my un-used cards and I have just 'won' a Red Eyes from a friend. I'd appreciate recommendations on putting it into my deck (Standard Dark Beat-down) and any other cards that may be needed if so.

Thanks!

Also please note that since I live in the UK we're only up to Spell Ruler booster pack(Magic Ruler to you guys). Although I know a shop that sells some american imports upto possibly Labryinth of Nightmare.

Thanks again[/I]

Black Skull Dragon is a fairly overlooked fusion monster, in my opinion. You can't deny a monster with an ATK of 3200, plus your chances of fusing it now look good- though an extra Red-eyes might not be a bad idea...

From what I understand, you can fuse two fusion material monsters from your hand, not just your hand and field; therefore, even if you have no way of summoning Skull or Red-Eyes, all you need is them in your hand plus Polymerization, and you're in. I could be wrong about this, but if I'm not, then go for it.