OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]There isn't a huge amount of need to use his effect more than once anyway- if you destroy all of you or your opponent's monsters on the field as an affect of the roll, then there's nothing left to destroy anyway. And if you destroy one, the chances are it'll be one with a higher ATK or DEF than Zorc's ATK Points anyway, so you can go ahead and attack as you would normally.[/COLOR]

Guest Sanosuke9480
Zorc is weak, and overall, ritual monsters kill your hand and make you susceptible to hand control. With control decks on the rise, and the psychotic Chaos messengers released to be abused by English TCG players, ritual decks won't stand a ghost of a chance.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I have another question. If I were to set an Interdimensional Matter Transporter on my turn and summon oh say a Reflect Bounder onto the field and end my turn, my opponent then takes his/her turn and does nothing except summon a Gemini Elf. I then play Limiter Removal on my Reflect Bounder and destroy my opponent's Gemini Elf, and at the end of my turn I activate Interdimiensonal Matter Transporter and get my Reflect Bounder off the field would it still keep the 2400 ATK?? I'm just wondering because that would happen if I used a Dimensionhole on a powered up Machine monster.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]No, it would just come back with its original 1700 ATK (Double of which is actually 3400). Limiter Removal's destroyed after that turn and its effect only lasts as long as it's on the field. If it were equipped with Megamorph then it'd come back with 3400 ATK because the card's still active.[/COLOR]

[B]Card(s):[/B] Dark Cat with White Tail

Flip: Select 2 Monster Cards on your opponent's side of the field and 1 Monster from your side of the field and return them to their owner's hands.

[B]Query:[/B] What if Dark Cat with White Tail is the only Monster on your side of the Field and it is attacked? Do you have to have another monster in order for the effect to work, or would it work just as well in the situation I just described?

[B]Card(s):[/B] The Wicked Worm Beast & Spirits

[B]Query:[/B] Does the returning to hand effect work even though the card is in the Graveyard? Or does the monster's destruction render it null and void?

[B]Card(s):[/B] Malevolent Nuzzler/Horn of Light

[B]Query:[/B] Can the cost effect of these cards be activated at any time while they exist in the Graveyard, or only in the instant that they are sent from the field to the Graveyard?

[B]Card(s):[/B]Ritual Monsters

[B]Query:[/B]If you are getting the required Tribute Stars for the summon from your hand, does it count as discarding, Tributing, or both?

That's all for now, there will definitely be more to follow.

[quote name='Ben][b]Query:[/b'] What if Dark Cat with White Tail is the only Monster on your side of the Field and it is attacked? Do you have to have another monster in order for the effect to work, or would it work just as well in the situation I just described?[/quote][color=#503f86]If that's the only card you have on the field, my guess would be that it's returned to your hand. It's the same as Man-Eater Bug's ruling- if there's no other monster on the field, it destroys itself. I could be wrong, of course.[/color]

[b][QUOTE=Ben]Card(s):[/b] The Wicked Worm Beast & Spirits

[b]Query:[/b] Does the returning to hand effect work even though the card is in the Graveyard? Or does the monster's destruction render it null and void?[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]If they're destroyed, they're destroyed and don't go back to your hand.[/color]

[b][QUOTE=Ben]Card(s):[/b] Malevolent Nuzzler/Horn of Light

[b]Query:[/b] Can the cost effect of these cards be activated at any time while they exist in the Graveyard, or only in the instant that they are sent from the field to the Graveyard?[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]This has happened to me a few times when I've dueled someone- they announced they wanted to put Malevolent Nuzzler back on the top of their Deck when it was destryed pretty much at the beginning of the Duel. It just doesn't seem fair to be able to do it whenever you want to. You have to announce and pay the Life Point cost when the card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.[/color]

[b][QUOTE=Ben]Card(s):[/b]Ritual Monsters

[b]Query: [/b]If you are getting the required Tribute Stars for the summon from your hand, does it count as discarding, Tributing, or both?[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]Tributing, because both the Ritual Spell and Monster cards say 'offer as a Tribute', rather than 'discard'. Even if they're from your hand, they're still a Tribute because it is a monster being sacrificed to summon a more powerful one. Discard applies to any type card unless the effect states- it's not usually specific. After all, you can't Tribute Spells :p.[/color]

I heard on a card rulings list on Pojo.com that you can sacrifice Sheep Tokens to special summon monsters such as ritual monsters, toon monsters, Lava Golem, etc. since they are considered special summoned and not tribute summoned. Is this true?

Guest Asheron
Not with the release of 307 into the American environment. Just a few terra forming and 3 Atlantis in a deck easily gives water the strongest rushers in the game with Giga Gagagigou at 2400+ atk points at level 5, and Genocide King Salmon at level 5 as well...their levels are reduced by 1 by Atlantis so yeahherrr--;

Guest Magus
[quote name='Angel']I heard on a card rulings list on Pojo.com that you can sacrifice Sheep Tokens to special summon monsters such as ritual monsters, toon monsters, Lava Golem, etc. since they are considered special summoned and not tribute summoned. Is this true?[/quote]

Yes this is correct, tribute summons do not count as special summons since a trib. summon is classified as another type of normal summon (which is why a tribute summon may be the target of Trap Hole). You may not use a Scapegoat token for a tribute summon (as mentioned on the card), however you may use them for special summons like those you have already mentioned. This has been verified with UDE's Netrep file . . .

"Lava Golem and Scapegaot
Q: Can 'Lava Golem' be special summoned to the opponent's Field, by Tributing the opponent's Sheep Tokens?

A: Yes, a Special Summon is not a Tribute Summon so the Sheep Tokens can be used. Bishop 12/25/2003"

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I have a quesion about Drillago from IOC. If my opponent summons an Injection Fairy Lily and doesn't attack with her and I summon a Drillago on my turn and declare an attack and my opponent powers Lily up, would Drillago's attack then be a direct attack since it states that if my opponent controlls a monster with an attack of 1600 or more Drillago may attack directly.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]No, you would have to attack Injection-Fairy Lily because her effect resolves during the Damage Step. Drillago's effect would come into play when you declare the actual attack, before IFL's ATK change takes place. Hence, her ATK would be less than 1600 when you attack and Drillago would not be able to attack your opponent's LP directly.[/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]If IWR works for you, by all means, keep him. IWR's Spirit abilities actually give him an edge over guys like Jinzo #7. J7 is going to stay on the field and wait to be crushed, unable to defend himself with his 500 attack poiints. IWR doesn't have this problem.

Granted, he uses up your summon for a turn, and could leave you with no monsters on the field. Like I said, if he works for you, keep him in.[/color][/size][/font]

I have been trying to get cards to help my Dark Magician and Summonded Skull I just got a Skilled Dark Magician from a friend today and a Skull Archfiend of Lightning the Archfiend Summoned Skull I was wondering would a trade for the Skull Archfiend of Lightning for Dark Magician Girl be a good trade or should I trade for Dark Magician of Chaos and Dark Mage.

I need to get these cards to strengthen my deck I also need some good trap cards I hope to get Dark Magician Girl ( A friend of mine has the regular and the Toon World Version), Dark Mage, Apprentice Magician, Dark Magician of Chaos the one Yami Yugi uses I think thats its name I was wondering where do you think I could get those cards I heard Magic Ruler and Magicians Force are good places to find them. I also need to know if you know any trap or magic/spell cards that could help a deck revolving around Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, and Dark Maju Garrazett I also use a Dark to Light Ratio in my deck with Warrior type monsters and a few Pyro to keep my opponent from singling out one type of monster its in the Rate My Deck section I just posted it.

[COLOR=#503F86]Inuyasha7271, please break up your paragraphs into a more structured order. Full stops and commas are a very essential part of text, and without them it's incredibly difficult to follow what you're saying. Please put more effort into your posts in future.

But anyway- with regards to Skull Archfiend of Lightning it depends on whether you want the effect or just want to keep Summoned Skull for a more direct Beatdown approach. Dark Sage isn't out in the English CCG yet, but even if it was I would only recommend having him in a solely Dark Magician Deck, without anything like Summoned Skull to get in the way- Dark Sage is a risk to try and get out.
Dark Magician Girl is in Magician's Force, as is Apprentice Magician. Dark Magician of Chaos is in Invasion of Chaos.

Deck ratings should be left to the Rate My Deck thread. If it needs rating, it'll be rated in there- requests asking people to look at it should go in your signature.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond]I was wondering if someone could give me some help. I recently got Chaos Soldier and Dragon, and I don't know what is the proper amount of light to dark in a chaos deck? Also, any good English-Released Light and Dark monsters? Thanks in advance.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest ArgolisDragon
You want to have about 16-17 monsters in a Chaos deck.

The Light/Dark monsters should be almost evenly split like this:

For English Only:

Monsters(16)
01. Chaos Soldier Alpha
02. Chaos Emperor Dragon
03. Magic Warrior Breaker
04. Android Psycho Shocker
05. Magical Scientist
06. Drillago
07. Dimensional Warrior Girl
08. Dimensional Warrior Girl
09. Magic Reflector Bounder
10. Saint Magician
11. shoot Eng doesn't have Blade Knight..oh well Asura Priestess should do
12. Spirit Reaper
13. Kuriboh
14. Black Forest Witch
15. Critter
16. Exclusivity Virus

• 2 weeks later...
Yes you can, Nightmare Wheel does not specify that the selected monster has to be one of your opponent's.

I have a question about the card [B]Sakuretsu Armor[/B]. The card says: You can only activate this card when your opponent declares an attack. Destroy the attacking monster.

Does destroying the monster stop the attack? Or does the attack still go through despite the monster being destroyed?

And for [B]Giant Orc[/B], if you play it on hypothetical Turn One, can you turn it back during Main Phase Two of Turn Two? Or do you have to wait until after Turn Two ends, like Goblin Attack Force? The card says:

"When this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. This position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn."

Guest Magus
[QUOTE=Solidus Snake][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond]Yes it does negate the attack. It works like a singular Mirror Force. And as for Orc, he is a common version of GAF so his effect will work in the same way.
Hope I helped,
Solidus[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It doesn't technically "negate" the attack, it is only killing the attacking monster. For any attack to go through the attacking monster must be able to stay on the field, if it leaves the field before going into damage calculation than the attack will be halted. It is very similar to having it negated, but it's not the correct terminology since it's not on the card and it's only destroying the monster.

Would this be a good combo?

Turn 1. Set Umi, Tornado Wall, Mystical space Typhoon, and a Maiden of the Aqua on the field.

Turn 2. Set another Maiden of the Aqua on the field.

Next 6 turns. First, set 3 4- star monsters on the field. Next, tribute them for The Legendary Fisherman, and 2 Deepsea warriors.

Turn 9. Flip up the 2 Maiden of the Aquas in defense position, and the other 3 in attack position. Activate Umi and Tornado Wall.

[QUOTE=EdMaN]Would this be a good combo?

Turn 1. Set Umi, Tornado Wall, Mystical space Typhoon, and a Maiden of the Aqua on the field.

Turn 2. Set another Maiden of the Aqua on the field.

Next 6 turns. First, set 3 4- star monsters on the field. Next, tribute them for The Legendary Fisherman, and 2 Deepsea warriors.

Turn 9. Flip up the 2 Maiden of the Aquas in defense position, and the other 3 in attack position. Activate Umi and Tornado Wall.[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]You'd be better off just activating 'A Legendary Ocean' in place of Umi straight off- it cuts out the need for those six turns worth of Tributes, which is a long time in competetive duelling. You'd be hard pressed to keep everything on the field for that long, including your Field Magic Card. Judgement of Anubis would be useful to keep that in play.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]So, with ALO, you can place The Legendary Fisherman and/or your Warriors right onto the field without needing a Tribute for them. You could even do it all in one turn if you had Ultimate Offering to hand.[/color]