OtakuBoards

school marks

mc12

[b]I'm in Year 9 this Year...and in Maths, I got a nice result last year...119 outta 125 actually :D
So the teacher expects me to get alevel 7+ this year in my SATs
and my English teacher marked me as a Level 6 pupil...she thinks I'll be able to be Level 8 by May. That sucks, seen as though you're s'posedta go up a level every 1 1/2 years, and I have less than 3/4 of a year to move up 2 levels...
And in Science,..I'm the only person to get a level 7 this year
(btw, level 4+ is average)
Lemme put it this way...I ain't the brightest bucket in the nucket shop,..or the silliest one,...but I'm sure as hell the best reviser ever...
and BTW, Being brainy sucks...oh the pain,..oh the pressure..[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]What's a GPA? What's a 4.0 scale? Plz answer...England's level thing sounds simpler, and easier...USA too complex for me :D ;) [/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

GPA is Grade Point Average

the 4.0 Scales is like the grading scale... your GPA goes from 0.0 -4.0 or higher... 4.0 being a perfect A., 3.0 being a B, 2.0 being a C, etc..... if you take AP or Honors classes you can get higher than that...

I uhh I'm in college, you don't slack off there....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

the 4.0 Scales is like the grading scale... your GPA goes from 0.0 -4.0 or higher... 4.0 being a perfect A., 3.0 being a B, 2.0 being a C, etc..... if you take AP or Honors classes you can get higher than that...

I uhh I'm in college, you don't slack off there.... [/B][/QUOTE]

When u take Honors u get .4 free GPA. Well atleast that is the way it is at my skool

[B][b]What's a GPA? What's a 4.0 scale? Plz answer...England's level thing sounds simpler, and easier...USA too complex for me :D ;) [/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

LoL...your post confused me to no end....

Ah...well...let's see if I can explain this....

Okay, your Grade Point Average (GPA) is a figure used to determine your class rank.

Each letter grade is assigned a number. On a 4.0 scale: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0.

Say you have three classes, and you get a B, and two As. Your point values would be added up (3+4+4) and then divided by the number of classes to find the average. In this case, 3.33333333.... You would have a 3.33 GPA. (B average student)

I don't know...do you use letter grades? If not, you have no clue what I just said... And for those of you who thought you knew what I'm talking about, I bet I just confused you, too...

[B][b]But I got 6s 7s and 7+s! If A=4 then I'm a nerd! Nooooo!And yes, yes we do use letters. But only in Projects and GCSEs. Otherwise it's numbers :D Screwy, huh?[/b]
[b][u]Question:[/u]
1. How do ya get over 4 GPA then?
2. What is an 'E'?
3. Is my left sock on?[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

1) Take honors or AP Classes
2) There is no E... American education system doesn't knw the whole alphabet apparently
3) I dunno, perhaps you should look.

[B]

1) Take honors or AP Classes
2) There is no E... American education system doesn't knw the whole alphabet apparently
3) I dunno, perhaps you should look. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]1. Oh,..so Cera has an honor? Or can ya do this wit an A+?
2. Hihihi! Silly Mericans!
3. What kind of an answer is 'I dunno' ? :D[/b]

[color=deeppink]Well, I'm a pretty good student, though I could be better. I'm a slacker, I hate doing homework, and I like to argue with the teachers that I don't like. But I guess I was born semi-smart, because I still manage to hang onto a 3.72 GPA with minimal effort. The only class I try hard in is...um...none...heh, I don't like work :p[/color]

[B]

[b]1. Oh,..so Cera has an honor? Or can ya do this wit an A+?
2. Hihihi! Silly Mericans!
3. What kind of an answer is 'I dunno' ? :D[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

1) she had to take honors or AP classes... AP stands or Adavnced Placement. These are college courses you take in High School. they are weighted differently on your GPA, thus gives you higher GPA. STandard Classes, the highest you can get is 4.0... only taking honors or AP classes can you get above that... maybe Gifted too but I dunno about that.
2) Yes Americans are silly and stupid... well for the most part... the majority of them are.
3) I dunno :p

[B]

1) she had to take honors or AP classes... AP stands or Adavnced Placement. These are college courses you take in High School. they are weighted differently on your GPA, thus gives you higher GPA. STandard Classes, the highest you can get is 4.0... only taking honors or AP classes can you get above that... maybe Gifted too but I dunno about that.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Well that's just facked up. My school doesn't do that...I'm taking AP English this year, and it will do nothing to improve my GPA...poo.[/color]

[B]

[b]Did I say Van Gogh? I meant one-ear-man! Muahaha! DIE-er,..CRY Transtic, CRY! Huhuhahaha!j/k[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep... the one eared man... cut it off, mailed it to his girlfriend. He was technically insane.... he wrote his brother, Theo, about it ALL the time... everyday I think he wrote a letter to Theo.... and then he killed himself.... such a sad sad story the life of Vincent Van Gogh is.... he loved sunflowers though... his art was great.... absolute beauty :)

I wish I could paint like him.... I did a color pencil version of Starry Night and The Night Café or whatever that is called... perhaps I shuld scan them.... it's all part of a big project I did for an art festival :) All about Van Gogh.... oh and uhh ::cries::

[B]

Yep... the one eared man... cut it off, mailed it to his girlfriend. He was technically insane.... he wrote his brother, Theo, about it ALL the time... everyday I think he wrote a letter to Theo.... and then he killed himself.... such a sad sad story the life of Vincent Van Gogh is.... he loved sunflowers though... his art was great.... absolute beauty :)

I wish I could paint like him.... I did a color pencil version of Starry Night and The Night Café or whatever that is called... perhaps I shuld scan them.... it's all part of a big project I did for an art festival :) All about Van Gogh.... oh and uhh ::cries:: [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]I feel sorry for you and Van Gogh. Mostly you though. Never carry another man's tears ;) :D btw, it AJ2K[u]1[/u], not AJ2K ;)[/b]

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

I uhh I'm in college, you don't slack off there.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Transtic, why did you not tell me this before! I'm just a little froshy at Michigan State...but I had no idea that slacking off was a bad thing...let me show you a little example from my english course from last Wednesday...

Just a warning, DO NOT make the following jokes while in ATL 150, While reading from the Delcaration of Independence...the Prof doesn't much care for them:

1) Do not snicker at the term "erected" while reading out loud.
2)The term "Harass" is pronouced: "Har-rass" not "Hair-a5S"
and finally...
3) don't snicker out loud when reading to the class the prase "eat out their substances"...

...I think my Prof hates me now :-( Learn from my mistakes...DON'T GO TO COLLEGE! :eek: hehe, only joking of course, education is good...:p So yeah, I guess I am a slacker, although I got a 3.5 GPA in highschool....

[B]

NOOO! Van Gogh is my favorite painter.... D@mn you for that! D@MN YOU! ::cries:: hahahaha .... I really shouldn't be an actor... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I saw his exhibit in Detroit when it went around the US (at least I think it did) Some of his stuff is nice, but I'm not too fond of a lot of it. I don't really like art in general, actually (classical art, that is.)

Yet, after being to France and the Louvre, where I saw many, many, many famous paintings (Mona Lisa) and sculptures (Winged Victory, Venus de Milo) I think I found an [i]appreciation[/i] for it. Which is good :D[/color]