Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#808080]Well, here I am again...with another original character.

This time, I'm going to show you the very early black and white linework, to get people's opinions on things like proportion/hair/etc.

When I finish the character, it'll be in full colour...with full shading and you'll see the entire body and weaponry.

I guess I just want to know what people think so far.

Oh and...bear in mind; things such as the nose won't look right yet, because the actual shading is needed to create form. So in an absence of shading, all you're seeing is the raw early linework. ^_^;

EDIT: Ah beh...I just realized that the right side of his hair doesn't look right. Oh well...I'll fix that for the final image. ^_^;;;;[/color]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=355014[/img]
Posted
[color=green]wow, far better than anything i could do. very nice. looks like riku from kh.[/color]
Posted
Is that Kylie in your avatar?

Anyway, for some odd and strange reason, that drawing reminds me of you. Yeah... lol. I really like it. It's cute. Th hair is nice, reminds me of that guy from that one FF game... the little monkey kid. yeah
Posted
[color=#808080]Kylie in my avatar? o_O;;

I'm going to make a .hack styled costume for this character, though it will probably be more understated than most of the characters in the series.[/color]
Posted
[color=blue]It looks really cool ^_^, It is better than what I've done so far with Rising Sun, actually, I think that particular style of eyes could suit the series better.

I like it James, can't wait to see the final product.[/color]
Posted
oooo! Looky! Its Squall junior!
hehe.
Anyways: Its very good and I cant see anything wrong with it right now (in the early morning)
Posted
[color=#808080]Sara; I spent about an hour on that design. Although, what I've shown here is just the upper part. During that hour I also drew the legs/arms and the rest.

The hardest part is by far the actual shading...I already have a couple of finished characters that need shading. :worried: [/color]
Posted
It looks great. However you should make the mair more of a middle-parting because the side-parting that hes got now looks wierd. Other than that it really good!!:)

Regards
Blade:naughty:
Posted
Actually I like the side-parting, it looks better than a middle-parting.
Middle-partings are way to common.

That's really cool James, I can't wait to see the full finish, which I'm sure is gonna be excellent
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]The hardest part is by far the actual shading...I already have a couple of finished characters that need shading. :worried: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]really? i love shading my pics. i think that's one of my favorite parts. probably just me though. proves i'm weird.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=003399]I don't [i]even[/i] bother to shade anymore... i'm horible at it >_<

James, thats awesome. Like AJeh said, your pics are always so crisp... and clean...

Thats the way i draw... i never color, and never shade o_O though my lines are never as neat. [/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...