Bandit Joeykuba Posted February 18, 2003 Posted February 18, 2003 I was relizing that no one has put a place for CCS to be dicussed at. I, personally, love the show and would like to talk with others about it. I don't remember everything about it though. To make this short, I thought it'd be nice to talk about an semi-forgotten anime.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted February 18, 2003 Posted February 18, 2003 [color=navy]*points to banner below* I haven't fogotten it! I just have basically seen all the epiosodes except for the last few which I still really want to see^^ I thought it was a really good show one of the few animes I watched. I also saw one of the movies and just saw it again resently.[/color]
Bandit Joeykuba Posted February 18, 2003 Author Posted February 18, 2003 Yeah, I love'd it. I wish they'd show it again... I'd tape it all. I'll tell you about the last few episodes as soon as my friend will let me bnorrow the episodes she has recorded. The only thing I remember is that Lei moved away and Sakura created her own Clow Card called 'The Hope', I think.
G.D. Ryoko Posted February 18, 2003 Posted February 18, 2003 I loved CardCaptors. I never got to see the last episodes because they stoped playing it. It was one of my favorite shows. I haven`t seen it in a long time and forgot about most of it. I am thinking of buying tapes of the series.
Guest GriffXL Posted February 19, 2003 Posted February 19, 2003 yea CCS was pretty cool i got kinda mad when they took it off of kidswb and replaced it w/ all this crap.
Manic Webb Posted February 19, 2003 Posted February 19, 2003 Usually, I like to give dubs of kid's anime shown on North American TV the benefit of the doubt, but the KidsWB version of "Card Captors" really disgusted me. They could have at least had the decency to air Sakura's origins, rather than start the show off where Lee joins. Otherwise, it seemed like a good shoujo. I liked the whole idea with the original creator of the Clow and Sakura.
Bandit Joeykuba Posted February 20, 2003 Author Posted February 20, 2003 Woulda been nice if they coulda shown that before Lee joined but... They did show part of her past in the middle of the series. .. The last time I saw CCS on tape was... at a Dollar General...
Rhys Mayiessen Posted February 20, 2003 Posted February 20, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackgatomon [/i] [B]Yeah, I love'd it. I wish they'd show it again... I'd tape it all. I'll tell you about the last few episodes as soon as my friend will let me bnorrow the episodes she has recorded. The only thing I remember is that Lei moved away and Sakura created her own Clow Card called 'The Hope', I think. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=navy]Awwwwww...Li moves away...he's my favorite character acting so mean but then he actually likes Sakura. There was another movie that I wanted to see that looked a lot better...I've seen pictures of it but I've never been able to see it. It was something about a play...like one of the episodes where they were in a play...I don't know I'll have to read about it more.[/color]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted February 20, 2003 Posted February 20, 2003 Well I like the animation style for CardCaptor Sakura but there are so many other animes that deal with the whole Magical Girl/Wicken type stuff a lot better. Some of which is really funny, though if your in the mood for some decent clamp animation Card Captors Sakura is a decent watch if you can get past all the cutesy aspects of it. After all it was intended for little Girls in Japan after all.
Queen Asuka Posted February 20, 2003 Posted February 20, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I like CCS...the subbed and unedited version, that is. I have the first three volumes, I think, and I love it. My favorite clow cards were the Fight Card, the Light Card, and the Dark Card. I have some fanart I did of the Light and Dark cards, seeing as how they are lovers/sisters. I first saw it on WB myself and then I went and pursued the real series. It's SO much better uncut.[/color][/size]
Genkai Posted February 20, 2003 Posted February 20, 2003 Wll, I strong;y dislike the dub job (showron? SHOWRON???? AGGHH!! IT'S SYAORAN!!!!!) I have all of the manga that tokyopop released ( CCS 1-6, CCS: Master of the Clow, 1-3), and it was my very first manga!! it was the first tim eI liked an anime series and was aware that it was because I liked anime( or something). I kildy liked digimon, moster rancher, and pokemon, but not in an "anime" way(or something)...yeah.. it's so great....
Bandit Joeykuba Posted February 21, 2003 Author Posted February 21, 2003 I haven't seen any of the movies yet. Sad, isn't it? Can someone tell me what happens in them?
Queen Asuka Posted February 21, 2003 Posted February 21, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I haven't seen the movies yet either, even though they are finally out. I know that in the latest one that Sakura and Syaoran end up somehow admitting they have feelings for one another. At least that's what I saw somewhere.[/color][/size]
Sakura Posted March 16, 2003 Posted March 16, 2003 I've seen almost every episode. I used to love it and I still do but not as much... My favourite characters are Sakura,Kero and Syaoran or Li My favourite pairings are S+S Sakura and Syaoran and E+T Eriol and Tomoyo(Eli and Madison)
Queen Asuka Posted March 16, 2003 Posted March 16, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I haven't seen much into couplings and everything. I just keep thinking that Tomoyo is going to fall in love with someone who is MUCH older than her, even though it's Sakura who does that. She just seems more like the type to me. And I think it's so funny how she's all infatuated with Sakura. It's adorable.[/color][/size]
amibasuki Posted March 17, 2003 Posted March 17, 2003 [FONT=arial]oooh, Tomoyo's voice is so CUTE in the subbed version! I just get this smile on my face whenever I hear her say 'You look so cute, Sakura-chan!' or 'kawaii desu, ne?', or however it goes, my Japanese really sucks. but yeah, Tomoyo's my favorite character cuz she's so darn cute. as for the dubbed/edited version, good glory! it holds [i]nothing[/i] to the actual thing. though I was kind of amused at how they edited this one scene. it was the one where Syaoran got a box of chocolate for Yukito since he had a crush on him and everything. when they edited it, they made it look like the chocolates were supposed to be for Sakura, but he had given them to Yukito/Julian because he chickened out. I actually thought they did it pretty smoothly, because I didn't see anything funny about it (only because I saw the subbed version after seeing the dubbed one). that's about the only thing they [i]did[/i] edit somewhat decently though, unfortunately. >.>''''' [/FONT]
Sakura Posted March 17, 2003 Posted March 17, 2003 For couples. In the end Sakura and Syaoran(Li) get together and Tomoyo and Eriol get together.I'm a huge fan of S+S and some E+T.
Fate Posted March 17, 2003 Posted March 17, 2003 [color=teal]I've seen every show and movie of it, in Japanese, of course. For clarification, Syaoran has a crush on Yukito because he's attracted to his magical powers, not because he's homosexual. [/color]
Rhys Mayiessen Posted March 17, 2003 Posted March 17, 2003 [color=skyblue]I've seen one of the movies but I really want to see the other, where Sakura and Li admit their feelings. The one I saw was when Sakura wins a trip to uh...I think Japan where Li's mother lives and she dicovers this power being...I don't remember that much.[/color]
cid highoffwind Posted March 18, 2003 Posted March 18, 2003 I love card captors and though i aint good with the names, i have seen most of the episodes. I think its a good anime if only they wouldnt edit it so much. The last thing I remember is that Li ends up telling Sakura that he has to go back since a new master has been chosen. Then my friend told me that Yue goes up against that girl...Ruby Moon i think it is...and Kero against the black cat thing and Sakura goes against the reincarnation of Clow Reed...I think thats when she creates the hope card...is that right? Can anyone help me on when she creates the hope card? Does anyone remember that?
Guest animagirl1202 Posted March 26, 2003 Posted March 26, 2003 I like sakurra I think is a great show I really do like the show. Is great anima.
Fate Posted March 26, 2003 Posted March 26, 2003 [color=teal]Sakura gets the Hope Card because she thought about Syaoran a lot. She cried (if I remember correctly) and the card appeared. She then smiles and says something like, "Maybe there is hope."[/color]
AiNeko Posted March 29, 2003 Posted March 29, 2003 Cardcaptors is kawaii ^^; They actually did ok on the dub, besides they cut out too many episodes and scenes. But... even if they didn't I'd still prefer the subbed version. Cardcaptors is kawaii, but Cardcaptor Sakura is kawaii AND sugoi. ^^;; Go Syaoran ^^
kuro_faguero Posted March 30, 2003 Posted March 30, 2003 I LOVE CCS! I wish tey had finished the series. But, I did get the CCS movie that came out a month ago.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now