Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=red][b][quote][b]From Announcement:[/b]
Finally, I can tell you that a fullly-fledged v7 will most likely not appear until JelSoft Enterprises releases a Version 3 Virtual Bulletin. Right now, we are on v2.2.7 of the vB technology.
[/quote]

James said v7 will come out after the new version of vB comes out. He also said that MyOtaku will come with v7. You do the math.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]How could we not?
I love reading announcements... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]I always get the sense that most people don't read 'em. A lot of people ask questions that are usually answered in my announcements. The thing is, announcements often include really useful information on certain subjects.

Anyway, I hope that those who don't read 'em take a look at this thread and give it a go. ~_^[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I read them every time when I notice a new one, but I didn't see the "New Administrator" thread, and the first questions that popped into my mind were, "Who is Charles? Where did he come from? And how does he already have 2000 posts?," but then I read the announcement :bluesweat
[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]OtakuBot is something to help keep the board from getting too big, with tons of old posts. What it does, is it goes through the entire OB members list once a month. If it finds a profile that hasn't posted in over a month, it automatically deletes the profile, and all of the person's posts. So, old posts are continually being deleted, making room for all the new ones. Just make sure you post at least once a month; otherwise, you're screwed. :p ;) :cross:[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]Oh, yeah, we weren't supposed to tell them about it, were we? Dang...[/size]I mean, uh, I don't know, James. In fact, I don't even remember typing that. It must've been aliens. Yeah, um, that way it wouldn't have come from anywhere on earth. Yeah... :shifty:[/color]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]...O.O!!
Soo.. if we go on vacation or something... our whole account gets deleted!? oO;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]No, no, I wasn't serious. Really, I wasn't... You have nothing to worry about...really. Just go about as normal. In fact, lets just pretend I never posted either of those previous posts, okay? You have nothing to worry about. OtakuBot won't delete your account, no matter how long you don't post for... [size=1]Maybe...[/size] :toothy:

Oh, and about Weh, staff aren't included, since they mod the board... I mean, they wouldn't be included, if this were real... Yeah... :shifty:[/color]
Posted
[color=#808080]Agh, you see what happens when you go posting something like that, 'breko?

I know it doesn't seem like much at the time, but this is how rumors spiral out of control. lol

Please leave the announcements on new additions to me in the future. ~_^

Anyway, yes, of course...OtakuBot is [i]not[/i] some device for removing users. It's not a "device" or piece of software [i]at all[/i]. Considering that it was planning to coincide with v7, any chance of people seeing it is quite a long way off anyway.[/color]
Posted
I'm sure you already knew this, but vBulletin has aparently released a version 2.3. I'm not sure exactly what you were waiting for, perhaps a v3, but I'm just saying that this should be an advance on this 2.2.7, although to what degree, there's no telling.
Posted
[color=#808080]I don't think we'll move to v7 until a full vB v3 is available.

Having said that, we might still upgrade to vB 2.3. I haven't decided on that yet. [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...