OtakuBoards

My New Banner - New Style.

Bing

Hmm, I honestly like the 'Old Breed / New Era' banner over the 'Wes' one.

The way you split it is very original, and breaks away from doing the same thing over and over. The quote sounds cool and is put in just the right place for it to come together, and the black and white aspect is nice as well. The border is great, and I like where you split it. All in all, it's one of the best works I've seen you do.

My rating: [b]8.5/10[/b]

The new Wes one is okay, I suppose, and perhaps I just don't understand it, but the pictures are a bit strange. ^_^;; I also think that you made the banner focus too much on the text, which is kind of large, and the font itself is...different. o_O

Guest Syeren
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elite [/i]
[B][b][color=003399][size=1]Shift, I don't know about anyone else, but I am [i]sick[/i] of your attitude. EVERYONE has to start somewhere, and in my opinion Alexus is improving. I doubt you were mr. great graphics when you started out. In fact, you're not great now, so I don't know why you criticise others so harshly.
[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Your saying your sick of his opinion, if you don't like it then dont read it, it's as simple as that. He stated his opinion in this thread and you flame him for what is required in this forum, hmmm, are you Stupid or something?

By stating his opinion i dont see any implemention in his post saying that he his better then everyone else around here, you have simply come up with that conclusion by looking at his opinion, which is supid again. So what do proof do you have of him being "mr. great graphics"? You dont have any, unless that you like his work, into which you just completly contridicted yourself.

So heres some advice, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syeren [/i]
[B]Your saying your sick of his opinion, if you don't like it then dont read it, it's as simple as that. He stated his opinion in this thread and you flame him for what is required in this forum, hmmm, are you Stupid or something?

By stating his opinion i dont see any implemention in his post saying that he his better then everyone else around here, you have simply come up with that conclusion by looking at his opinion, which is supid again. So what do proof do you have of him being "mr. great graphics"? You dont have any, unless that you like his work, into which you just completly contridicted yourself.

So heres some advice, check yourself before you wreck yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]

The rules clearly state "We wish to encourage intellectual criticism with responding to art work." which is giving contructive critisicm, telling smene the good points and bad points, and why. Which is not what Shift posted. Yes, he said what was wrong with the picture on the right, but besides that he was just going on about how crap he thought Alexus Bings graphics skills were.

And before you say it, no I'm NOT replying with this just because Elite is a moderator. It's my own personal opinion.

[b][size=1]The reason for my comment was simple and clear. Shift was putting other members down consistantly with his attitude. His attitude, in the eyes of me and others, was just a case of him being 'better' than everyone else, so he felt a need to put others down.

Granted, it is his opinion. But his opinion was insulting others and putting them down. If I posted my opinion on one of your hard-worked on graphics and said it was "frikin noobish", with "very bad gfx skill", how would you feel?

I'm flaming? If you took a while to look at Shift's posts and didn't just trapse on here because he told you to, you would see that he did plenty of flaming himself.

So here's some advice. Next time you want to talk to me about something, don't post completely off topic in an old post about something you could easily take to Private Messages.

Since this is only going to stir up further debate etc. I'm going to close this thread. If you want to talk to me further about this you can contact me over Private Message or AIM. [/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syeren [/i]
[B]Your saying your sick of his opinion, if you don't like it then dont read it, it's as simple as that. He stated his opinion in this thread and you flame him for what is required in this forum, hmmm, are you Stupid or something?

So heres some advice, check yourself before you wreck yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]

Stating an opinion is fine. Nobody says otherwise; including Elite.

[i]However[/i], go and read our rules. Our rules state that rudeness/abuse to other members is unacceptable. Clearly, your statements were rude and insensitive.

The idea of this forum is not to say something like "your work is **** and I hate it". The idea is to provide [i]constructive[/i] criticism. Yes, point out what you dislike. But do so in a way that is sensitive to a person's feelings; do so in a way that isn't utterly rude and impolite.

Elite has [i]every right[/i] to rebuff his utterly rude post. Because that's what it was; a rude post. There was absolutely nothing useful included in it. His posts frequently come across as being an arrogant reinforcement that his graphics are [i]always[/i] wonderful and that nobody is as good as him. It's childish, immature and a waste of everybody's time.

This forum is not for blind self-gratification. It is for constructive criticism, discussion of art and sharing the learning process amongst everyone. Providing a constant air of arrogant rudeness isn't going to further [i]any[/i] discussions here.

I would also remind you that [i]this[/i] is why he was banned. He were banned because he has demonstrated a consistent contempt for other members. And that kind of attitude isn't welcome here.

If you (or anyone else) want to post this kind of venomous criticism, please do it elsewhere. OtakuBoards is definitely not the place for it.[/color]