OtakuBoards

My New Banner - New Style.

Bing

[size=1][color=darkblue] Well everyone, I've adopted some other styles on my banners, and they are proving pretty succesful. I made Cajones banner, which most of you may have seen, and I've made this one for myself![/color][/size]

I don't like it, it's pretty damn lame if u ask me. That border is like frikin noobish, and the very right image ends on the left and it's on the right -_- very bad gfx skill.

[b][color=003399][size=1]Shift, I don't know about anyone else, but I am [i]sick[/i] of your attitude. EVERYONE has to start somewhere, and in my opinion Alexus is improving. I doubt you were mr. great graphics when you started out. In fact, you're not great now, so I don't know why you criticise others so harshly.

Sticking to the topic, I think it's a good improvement on your previous banners/avatars. The only thing I could suggest is changing the brightness of the font, as I don't think it stands out enough.[/b][/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elite [/i]
[B][b][color=003399][size=1]In fact, you're not great now[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

There we go. Now lets repeat this 600 times and maybe he'll get the point.

The banner isn't that bad I think. It does look a little odd with Kurt's face going off the edge. I'm assuming it's like that just so you could keep "Nirvana" in the center, but you might want to look into other ways of doing it.

*floats in air*
Ohhhhhmmmm remember to balance your banners ohhhhhmmmm...

*is thwacked*
What?!? Yeah, I know I know, that is one of my most common phrases in art critiques. :bluesweat

The image he used ends at that point... There was nothing he could do, as it's out of one of the CD liners. Perhaps a better photo could have been chosen, but that's another story.

I have no problem with it cutting off there, and I really don't see why everyone should have to stick to specific rules for things to work. Hell, David Carson sure doesn't, and he is considered the father of this whole grungy graphic design style that is so popular today.

[size=1][color=darkblue]Fine, seeing is my previous banner is so 'frikin noobish', I tried a different approach. Tell me what you think.
Oh, and Shift, steer clear of this thread, it's obvious you're too good for use, don't you go and join certain others at [url]www.imtoogoddamngreatforotakuboards.com.[/url]
Edit: Oops, he's already banned, so he can't. Damn good decision![/color][/size]

Both are pretty good, but I must say I prefer the Ninja Gaiden one I have at the moment, which you did for me!

Maybe if you make the Nirvana banner a bit bigger you could fit the rest of Kurt's face on. Fight Club is small and simple, but effective as you say. :)

[size=1][color=darkblue][quote][i]Originally said by Semjaza Azazel[/i]
The image he used ends at that point... There was nothing he could do, as it's out of one of the CD liners. [/quote]
I should have look for a better picture, but hey! O.B has a maximum size for banners Cajones, you have to limit your working space.
By the way, I do like the Ninja Gaien one I made for too![/color][/size]

[angelic light/chorus]FIGHT CLUB![/angelic light/chorus]

NO ONE CAN COMPREHEND HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS MOVIE...AND BRAD PITT IS THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE!

*gets jaw jacked by tori(QA)*
ow. i mean... i love my tori
[tori]*leaves*[/tori]
*whispers*[size=1]man, brad pitt is awesome![/size]
[tori]what was that?[/tori]
uh... nothing, baby.

lol thats usually how the conversation goes when FC is brought up. she says (jokingly) that i like brad more than her. i dont, but... MAN!

Yeah i really like the Ninja Gaiden one that you made for BigCajones. The fight club one is good. It's simple but you can't really do anything to make it better. Great job!!

Regards
Blade:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chris
[color=green]it's pretty good. the quality isn't that great, but the fact that it's green more than makes up for that. good job.[/color]

It's good and all, but I prefered the still version you had earlier! The one with Raiden in as well. Team Substance basically contrasted better in my opinion and well the fingerprints gives me a splitting headache looking at it lol. Still it's very good.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue][B]A very nice job Alex on your last banner. The atmosphere is set very well from th black and white contrast between the images. Nice effect but cutting the banner in half, while the images are still joined. I'll give it 8.4/10.

However, remember, to make the contrast blend a bit more as it can seem a little 'blocky' on different resolutions. Wonderful job.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkblue]I'm using this thread now to hsowm ore of my work, so instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post in here. This is my latest banner for my signature, of Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit. I really like the font! Tell me what you think![/color][/size]