Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, heres my problem...

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, I've been looking for a job since September 2001, when I was offered resignation from Einstein Brothers Bagels. Heres what I didnt mention. I have Prom the last saturday in April, and I have a date. Unfortunetly, I also only have $20 to my name. That would cover...maybe 1 ticket. So, I need cash.

A miracle occured yesterday when my grandmother offered me a blank check if I needed money anytime between now and when I join the Air Force.

Should I take it now, seeing as I won't really have anything else thats really going to cost any money?
Posted
Well see, heres the thing....once I get out of High School, I'm going straight into the military. The only prb with money that I have is a lack of. I'm good at saving, so once I get in, with the constant flow of cash, I shouldn't be in any type of ordeal.
Posted
Yeah that makes sense. Its just you never know when something might "pop" up that costs alot of money. You know what I mean? I don't know like a ticket. Or something. Who knows. I mean go ahead and use the money, its an ify question. It all depends on your luck. I'm taking that you are a senior?

If you arn't then I'd definatly say save it, becuase there'd always be next year if you were a Junior or Soph or whatever.
Posted
Yeah I'm a senior, dates a junior. If it were my Junior year, yeah I'd hold out for many reasons, including I still have another year to go. But, this seems the only way to go. I need more opinions though...
Posted
[color=green]save it. begg someone else, like a close friend to give you money for the prom. i would give it to you but . . . you know, there's a problem about getting it to you. if you have a good freind that knows your position, he/she should be willing to lend you the money. there is no doubt you should save the check. it's the smart thing to do. if you are short of cash, then you definatly need to be smart. don't use the check. it might be the worst desition of your life.[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]Is there a limit on this check?

The obvious solution is to write it for more than you need for the prom so you'll have money left over. Ha! I know, you don't have to say it. But that's what I'd do. [/color]
Posted
I think you should take it, get what you know you'll need between now and then, and pay her back as soon as possible. It's wrong to take advantage of your grandmother's affection, any more than you have to.

-Justin
Posted
[color=green]well, since your grandma is loaded, you should write it out for more than you need. but dont spend it all, save it for when you need it. pay it back later. hell, that's what she gave it to you for, isn't it?[/color]
Posted
I'm thinking of maybe asking for $250. It would be enough to cover prom, have some left over AND small enough to pay back within a paycheck. Now I gotta put together a budget to show her....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]Is there a limit on this check?

The obvious solution is to write it for more than you need for the prom so you'll have money left over. Ha! I know, you don't have to say it. But that's what I'd do. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Brilliance.Comeonwill,yoursmarterthanthat.besidees,donthalfofthe people in the corps owe you money? meh,get paybacks, as wellasthis blank check. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you taking anyway?
Posted
Screw the date, you can always go somewhere else, a nice evening alone, better IMO. The check would come in handy else where.
Posted
Ummmm....actually, I owe half the corps money. You got it all backwards. I'm taking Rachel Helton, The same girl I took to Mil Ball. I need a date, so..thats out of the question.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...