Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have a riddle for you all that I thought was pretty neat, and if you know how it works then don't tell anybody.

Imagine you have no idea where you are, there is three raods in front of you. Two of those roads lead to death, one leads to freedom. A man appears and says he knows the right road. So you believe and ask him which one is the right one, but he ask you a question if you get it right then you will be lead down the right path. The question he asked was this.

"There are only 2 answers to this question, with the correct answer I will point to the correct road, if the wrong answer I will point to the false one. The question is.

If you are in situation where you have to pick between your son and daughter which one would you pick?"

Now then people take time to consider the answer, because if this was real life it would be death that would await you.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=purple]Hmm.. -ponder-

Can you go a bit mroe in depth in this question?

For example, if it was to save the life of my child, I would not be able to choose, I would sacrifice myself. If it was to have my child help me lift a piece of furniture, I'd choose my son.

Then again, I'm never having children.

But for me to answer this question, I need more details.[/color]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Pressure, (double post) and that?s not the question.
Think latterly(sp?). You don't need any of that information. Think out side your circle.
The answer, if I've worked it out correct is very simple.

Eps - I have a cool fan, do you?
Posted
I would pick the daughter for a very simple reason. If you pick a son you only carry on the family name of elliot, smith etc, but a duaghter although she will change her name in time but the daughter continues on life by giving birth to the next child. Well that's my theory on it...

But then again whichever one you take will lead to to death in the end. I'm confused now????
Posted
Pressure, you can go as much depth as you want into the question. Cloricus, you might have the right answer, But I don't what your answer is, plus if you do think you know don't say anything.
Posted
Hmm... I'm going for the "sacrifice myself" thing... Since, if I had two children, I really couldn't choose and there'd be no point asking me to... But *pauses thoughtfully* that defeats the purpose doesn't it... I guess I'd just sacrifice neither of my children and chance it without the dude's help...

[b]If you are in situation where you have to pick between your son and daughter which one would you pick?[/b]

But then... are we picking them for a bad thing...? *ponders* ooooh you've set me thinking now...
Posted
[color=darkblue]I guess I'd just refuse to answer.

[spoiler]I don't know if this gives anything away, but the options don't match. Three roads, only two options as answers. [/spoiler][/color]
Posted
Hm.....this is certainly confusing. I'm going to have to think this out, I'm not even sure if I understand the basic question. I want to know the asnwer though.>>
Posted
I would ask him what the secon option was, I gather that if he said pick between your son and daughter, it seems to be in context with, your son and daughter OR...."

Or maybe I'm just confused o_O
Posted
[color=darkred]If there are three roads and two choices, I'm going to choose the third choice. I'll go with...kill them both. At least, I think that's what it is. Or is it kill neither? o.O I'm confused...[/color]
Guest cloricus
Posted
No, you don't get it.
If you answer right the man will point to the one right road. If you answer incorrectly he will point to one of the two wrong roads.
...And the question does not give you the option of sacrificing yourself.

Eps - I have a computer.
Posted
I still just want to know the answer.Oo You have two choices, but I'd rather it be multiple choice...cause I mean well, you don't exactly choose between your son and daughter do you?Oo *just confused self*Oo
Posted
well, um, there's three roads:
2 lead to death
1 leads to freedom
what i'm thinking is, it doesn't lead to living as a free person
you can die a free man
so either way you die
**i don't know**

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...