Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
weeell... i aint that good but when i draw i do the head first an build up the body afterwards, the eyes should be about half way up the head for manga but two 3rds for realistic drawing
Posted
[b]I drawl pic-a-ture too! :p :D I drew a guy wif a ELBOW!!! :D
Hehehehe...... :angel:

My advice? Lots of sketching... Yeh... When you want to draw something, draw a very very light rough outline. Never start drawing dark lines, unless you know exactly what it'll turn out like. Draw it light, and see if it conveys the idea you wanted. Then slowly make it darker. Once you've got a good outline of all the lines, then jes' add yer shading.[/b] :D
Posted
[b]Ah, and the best way to learn to draw, is to copy the masters. I fergot to say that. You need to 'eye-copy' some of yer favorite drawing styles. You'll get a feel of how to convey certain expressions and stuff fromt that. Then mix it up and make yer own style from all you've learned!

Remember, "Learn of the masters". It works fer lots of things, from football to music. And especially art.[/b]
Posted
The key to drawing is to create your own style. Not everyone can draw Goku or Wing Zero very well and they continue to draw crappy fan art anyways. Try to find out what you can draw well and then perfect it. I should know, my Trunks looks like a stick figure so I drew my own characters and they look cool. Also alot of fan artists just trace a magna or a poster and call it "fan art" so if you don't want people to accuse you of that try doing something original that people will remember instead of something that came from a coloring book and people will forget the second they click the "back" button.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desert Shadow [/i]
[B][b]I drawl pic-a-ture too! :p :D I drew a guy wif a ELBOW!!! :D
Hehehehe...... :angel:

My advice? Lots of sketching... Yeh... When you want to draw something, draw a very very light rough outline. Never start drawing dark lines, unless you know exactly what it'll turn out like. Draw it light, and see if it conveys the idea you wanted. Then slowly make it darker. Once you've got a good outline of all the lines, then jes' add yer shading.[/b] :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats a great advice there!:) I tend to draw my favorite pics from magazines or online until i get it perfectly right the way i likey.Then once i get used to it and all I tend to draw my own style of drawings.:)
Posted
The way I give advise is by critiquing other's works... thats really the only way to give advice. A true artist will use that info in future works in hope to improove, but as I've said before, art can neither be good nor bad, cause art is you. it's your interpretation and that can never be bad or good. My advice, is to keep doing what you do. If you change, and think it's for the better, then please go on and strive for that perfection that all artists do but never seem to acheave... well at least to themselves... an artist is always trying to improove heh.... Juts look at Michaelangelo... he couldn't stand half of his work... it wasn't good enough for him, yet today, we drool over David, the Piéta, The Sistine Chapel, Moses, and all the other great works he did.
Posted
[color=deeppink]Heh, I'm a loser artist. I enjoy drawing a whole lot, but I kind of lack the skill. I sketch stuff (mainly Trunks and Outlaw Star characters) for the hell of it, and get real artists that I know to critique it. That's why I'm a photographer, the art is already there for me, all I have to do is capture it ;)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B]...post any tips[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]If you're trying to draw a [i]nice[/i] penciled sketch or drawing......use a smooooth pencil. Steer clear of #2's... That's just my opinion/tip.[/COLOR] :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]If you're trying to draw a [i]nice[/i] penciled sketch or drawing......use a smooooth pencil. Steer clear of #2's... That's just my opinion/tip.[/COLOR] :) [/B][/QUOTE]

An Ebony pencil would be your best bet there.
Guest Trotenks
Posted
baka nekos site has some good totorialls [url]http://www.bakaneko.com[/url] or you could go to topazs site and check out her art to get the style [url]http://www.geocitiescom/topaz191us/openlegands.html[/url]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Trotenks [/i]
[B]baka nekos site has some good totorialls [url]http://www.bakaneko.com[/url] or you could go to topazs site and check out her art to get the style [url]http://www.geocitiescom/topaz191us/openlegands.html[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH Baka Nekos? hahahaha Stupid Cats.... never would have thought such a site existed.... only in Japanese...
Posted
My advice? Learn to draw real people. Plumb line, bone structure, the way clothes hang--it's all important. Once you know the basics of real-life-drawing, your overall art will improve.
Posted
I start with the face then i draw the head around it then i do the hair.I do the upper body the i choose how wide the neck should b.the i do the lower body.Then i just add sum shirts and pants.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
Use black, lots and lots of black, everyone loves black.
Posted
I have found it extremely helpful to draw the head first and all of the features, and then lightly sketch the outline of the body. once you have the body in light pencil, you can erase the pencil and add your clothes as necessary. Sometimes if you attempt to just draw the clothes without first figuring out where the body will go, it is easier to distort your drawing and makes it more difficult to get your person to proportion. If you try adding the clothes first, you will more than likely keep erasing and erasing and after you erase enough times you have wasted a perfectly good piece of paper. Bottom line though, you have to practice if you want to be good, no exceptions. I've done my own characters, you can check them out through the link in my sig.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...