Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I came home and I find my signature like this. There used to be an image there, but it just won't show anymore.

I went through my profile and put it back, but sure enough, it changes right back. When I go to change my sig now, it still has "Image not found" or whatever in there.
Posted
It only does that to me for a couple reasons...

1.) I didn't type the location correctly.
2.) The image simply isn't on the server for whatever reason.

If, for whatever reason, the server stopped letting you direct link images or its down... you should just get a red X. So I'd guess it's not that.

I figure you already know all this considering you have sites and such... But those are the only things I can think of that have caused it for me personally.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]It only does that to me for a couple reasons...

1.) I didn't type the location correctly.
2.) The image simply isn't on the server for whatever reason.

If, for whatever reason, the server stopped letting you direct link images or its down... you should just get a red X. So I'd guess it's not that.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I share TN's space (heh), and his still works. I know I'm typing the URL correctly...

The thing of it is, it isn't like it can't find the image or anything. It's like my sig itself has been edited for some reason or another.
Posted
Well I don't know what's happened...

With me I came back one day and had the same thing in my sig as you. I'd go to my profile and I'd type the URL for the image in. I think it's fine, and when I look in my sig it says [i]image not found[/i] just like yours. It was driving me nuts until I figured that out, because I swear I was doing everything right. Those were the only reasons I could pinpoint in my case for it not working heh.

No idea otherwise lol
Posted
[color=#808080]Your signature was never edited. The "image not found" text appears when there's some sort of problem (sometimes it appears when the banner is too large).

I have no idea what the problem could be though.[/color]
Posted
I'm having this problem now, too. I had an image a minute ago, on the same server as my new one, but all I can get now is "image not found". >.>; It's really bugging me. I know the image works, it shows when I type the URL, and I know I put the img code in right... *walks off grumbling*
Posted
[img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/laruku.jpg[/img]

Seems to work perfectly fine here... the url for the sig is [url]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/laruku.jpg[/url] ... if it stilldoesn't work Jimmy, then move the picture to the "pics" folder on my server and try it again.

Also, I hope I have the right sig image. lol.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Faris [/i]
[B]Did you remember to do [/img] at the end? Stupid question, but you'd be surprised at how many times I've done that. [/B][/QUOTE]

If he didn't, the program wouldn't recognize it as an Image, and thus wouldn't tell him "image not found"
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Hmmm...the same thing happened to me. The banner I have right now is in .gif But before I used it in gif form, I used it in .jpg And it said that Image wasn't found. Could that be why? My banner didn't work in jpg, but worked perfectly fine in gif format. o_0

Maybe that is the problem?
Posted
Des and I are having the exact same problem right now, and it's driving me insane. I [i]know[/i] my banner is under the pixel limit, so...
*sputters angrily*

UPDATE:
For now, my .gif version is showing up. Once in a while, it disappears completely (no [i]Image not found[/i] message, nothing), which is odd, but the .gif thing seems to be the way to go. My .jpg version would not show up at all.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Des and I are having the exact same problem right now, and it's driving me insane. I [i]know[/i] my banner is under the pixel limit, so...
*sputters angrily*

UPDATE:
For now, my .gif version is showing up. Once in a while, it disappears completely (no [i]Image not found[/i] message, nothing), which is odd, but the .gif thing seems to be the way to go. My .jpg version would not show up at all. [/B][/QUOTE]
Weird. O_o; I'll have to try that...

Edit: Ah, yay! It worked. Thanks. lol. ^_^
Posted
[b][color=515050][size=1]I couldn't get the [i]image not found[/i] message off with my other banner, but as soon as I switched it was fine.

I didn't change anything in my sig at all, so I don't know why it changed like that.[/b][/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...