Pok

Kristoff119

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PokeRus (Pokemon virus) is a VERY rare occurence that, in GS, upped your Pokemon's stats temporarily. It's contagious, so you can actually use it to your benefit, boosting all of your Pokemon's stats.

Crimson Spider, I haven't seen the PokeRus in either GS or Ru/Sa, so I can't really help you there. But then again, why question a good thing? You have the PokeRus, and that should be enough...

Hey! I wanna know somethin'!

What's the EASIEST way to level up your Pokes in R/S?? I'm sick of taking down the Elite 4 over and over again, not only to level up, but to raise other Pokes to get a particular move or evolution!!

This's getting ridiculous!!!! I figured they would've made effective Pokemon training better, or easier, in R/S!! To me it's very discouraging! And I'm pissed that there's no beneficial improvements in R/S !!!(except for Lanette's PC)
>:(

The [i]easiest[/i] way? Find a way to copy a bunch of Rare Candies. The [i]best[/i] way? Keep doing what you're doing. No one said training is supposed to be easy.

And don't bash Ru/Sa. There's a bunch of better stuff here than in past versions.

Guest Crimson Spider
It wouldn't matter much anyway because they don't appear in your pokedex(one you cheat) and don't count has your total catches. The e-reader is there just for getting compition pokemon.

Edit. What is your battle tower record. Not how many times you've entered, but how many trainers have you beat in a row at one time? If you remember, Put up losses and ties too. My record? good luck beating it.

LV. 100 competition.
Consecutive wins= 70 and climbing
losses=3
ties=3

Ties are for like destiny bond and perish song kill both of your last pokes.

PS. [size=4]Someone please try to anser my question in the quiz! Is it really that hard? [/size]

[color=indigo]Made that text a little smaller. Putting size 30 is way too big for pretty much anything, and is just annoying. And if no one is answering your question, just ask a different one instead. - Desbreko[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
I would suggest victory road, sky pillar, or basicallly surfing around the ocean battleing all the pokemon. It take time, but it will level you up. Another thing is to go around and fight every single trainer that want a rematch in your trainers eye.

Guest The Bouncer
I hate battling victory road.. i beat the easily.. my pokemon are arounfd level 70 or higher.. its just too easy.. i wish that there were more ways to level up

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Bouncer [/i]
[B]I hate battling victory road.. i beat the easily.. my pokemon are arounfd level 70 or higher.. its just too easy.. i wish that there were more ways to level up [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you train them manually?? The only Poke I have at high level is my Lv.70 Blaziken. :rolleyes:

And I have absolutely NO patience for training the the rest of my Pokemon! I don' really care if they're at Lv.100 or not. High level is what I'm aiming for. It's so damn time-consuming!!! :mad: AAAAAAAH!!!!

Well, now that I'm ranting about such, I'll avoid double-posting (again) and add a strange discovery.

I was checking out the back of the box that Sapphire came in the other day. Well, I looked at the screenshot of Treecko battling another Poke--and it showed that the Treecko was at Lv.1!! And another thing--It said (in the description of the game) that there was "over 200 Pokemon to catch and over 100 new Pokemon to discover,"

I think that was a flat-out scam. I bought it just because it was a new Pokemon game. And to my disappointment, it didn't meet my expectations. :flaming:

:blush: And yes, I DID go off topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imaku3564 [/i]
[B]The [i]easiest[/i] way? Find a way to copy a bunch of Rare Candies.[/B][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't suggest this unless you or someone else has found a way to do so.

Speaking of which, has anyone found a way to duplicate items in R/S?! :D

[color=indigo]If you don't want to double post, just use the edit button. It's not that hard. :rolleyes: - Desbreko[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_serena [/i]
[B]I wouldn't suggest this unless you or someone else has found a way to do so.

Speaking of which, has anyone found a way to duplicate items in R/S?! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought you said that you weren't going to double post? Anyway...

The dupication trick is no more. The removed the very basic essence that made duplicating pokemon and items possible, and that essence is the saving of the game when you change boxes. Now you don't change box's, they are their just for organization. But I have found a similar glitch:

You know how at battle tower when you lose, the woman says "Thank you for playing! Your record will be saved. Please Wait." What you do is that when the words "Please wait" completely appear, you turn off the game! Then when you load up your game again, it will say that the file is corrupted and will have to go from the earlier save point... BEFORE YOU LOST! It doesn't continue from the very last time you saved it. So you can't save after every trainer, only before and after the 7 trainer challenge, because that is where it will continue from.

You should be thankful because I invented this trick. I am the only one that knows it, but not any more! This trick is copyrighted by [color=red]The Crimson Spider[/color] himself! No where else, only me!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[B]I thought you said that you weren't going to double post? Anyway...

You should be thankful because I invented this trick. I am the only one that knows it, but not any more! This trick is copyrighted by [color=red]The Crimson Spider[/color] himself! No where else, only me! [/B][/QUOTE]

Holy Saints, gimme a BREAK here!!! So I forget to EDIT sometimes!!! Sheesh...:cross:

Okay...so...the Battle Tower trick you 'invented' doesn't seem to help or make sense in any way. And the 'corrupted file' thing, well, I already knew that.

And...I don't think anybody's gonna wanna care, let alone me, if it's 'copyrighted' or not. But if it WAS an actual cloning trick, then that'd be another story. :cool:

Guest Crimson Spider
I'll elaborate on the battle tower thing more.

The game will only continue from the last point that you save it yourself. The battle tower data, such as entering, taking a break, and beating it are all RAM that is deleted as soon as you continue the game. With this trick, it will continue you from the last time that you had saved not through battle tower. That way, if you lose, you can just turn off the game when that lady (receptionist or something) says "Please Wait", and you will continue before you lost.

I actually discovered that trick on accident when the chair I was sitting in broke and the battery fell out of my GBA when I landed.

Ah-wha?????:eek:
:blulaugh: Kkkk-keeheeeheee-YAAAHhahahaaaa!!!!:rotflmao:

OKay, yeah, so I guess the only thing trademarked about THAT discovery is how you discovered it. *ahem-erm*

Not bad, now that you've explained it more. You should post that, if none other has done so. Cheat Planet or Gamewinners. Did you do it yet?

Well, I admit I haven't felt like messing around at the Battle Tower since I beat the game. I've been training my Pokes, with their movesets, etc. doing other things. However, I've had my eyes set on the Silver/Gold Shield...but, unluckily, I've never been too good w/the Battle Tower anyways, so I guess I'll hafta just strive to just get the Choice Band. I really wanna try out that 'Trick' (haha, I cracked a stupid joke) you told me about for Grumpig.

Oh, my friend lent me his GBA and Sapphire game yesterday so I could get Mudkip and Treecko. He wanted me to "babysit" his team so I traded them to my game, stored them, and started a new file. He was planning on doing so anyways. And I'm GLAD!!! And I got the Lileep and starters I wanted. And I'm gonna get a female Torchic, too, just in case...:devil: And, before I saved over his old file, I saw he had all the badges, but hasn't beaten the game yet. THIS gave me an idea!

I just simply transferred three of my team I always use to beat the Elite 4 easily: Blaziken, Absol and Kyogre. I beat the game, and got another Beldum from Mossdeep City! HA!! Now I have TWO Beldums!! :demon:

And I 'cleaned' out his Bag and PC ^_~* Unluckily, he didn't have a Deepseascale (what I'm looking to get), he got a 'Tooth instead :bawl: But I snagged a handful of Stones and Shards and now I can finish Jigglypuff's training, among others.

I even have some Shards I haven't exchanged yet! :D

things are looking up for me now!

And Spider?? I might PM you soon to get a couple of ideas (not that I'm green) and probably give you some of mine to take down his team, alrghty?? :) I just wanna check for other options. His Registeel has Earthquake...so...

I'm STILL irritated that they included dinky contests and berry-picking as "deep gameplay" or other b.s. It's a POKEMON game!!! They should've added a new fun and effective way of training your Pokes, 'cuz the same methods are getting old.:(

Guest Crimson Spider
Ya'll remember hidden power, right? well,
[url]http://www.geocities.com/poccil/games/gs/explanations.html[/url]
That page should refresh your memory. (by the way, you determin the DV by how much off of you max stat your stat is. e.i. if it is off by 2, you DV is 14. If it is off by 28, it is 1.)

Well since the new games DV's now go up to 31, that whole formula is almost completely useless. Here is the new process taken form Meowth346's site.

Power

* If Hit Point's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P1=1, else P1=0
* If Attack's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P2=2, else P2=0
* If Defense's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P3=4, else P3=0
* If Speed's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P4=8, else P4=0
* If Special Attack's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P5=16, else P5=0
* If Special Defense's Individual Value divided by 4 has the remainder of 2 or 3, then P6=32, else P6=0
* The qualifying Individual Values for a remainder of 2 or 3 when divided by 4 are: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, and 31.
* Power=(P1+P2+P3+P4+P5+P6)¥40÷63+30
* Power will be a value of 30~70.

Type

Although Hidden Power is listed as a Normal-type move, its true type will be a type other than Normal.

* If Hit Point's Individual Value is Odd, then T1=1, else T1=0
* If Attack's Individual Value is Odd, then T2=2, else T2=0
* If Defense's Individual Value is Odd, then T3=4, else T3=0
* If Speed's Individual Value is Odd, then T4=8, else T4=0
* If Special Attack's Individual Value is Odd, then T5=16, else T5=0
* If Special Defense's Individual Value is Odd, then T6=32, else T6=0
* Type's Value=(T1+T2+T3+T4+T5+T6)¥15÷63

Value Type
0 Fighting
1 Flying
2 Poison
3 Ground
4 Rock
5 Bug
6 Ghost
7 Steel
8 Fire
9 Water
10 Grass
11 Electric
12 Psychic
13 Ice
14 Dragon
15 Dark

With a calculater, you could figure out what type of hidden power you poke could have. Only problem is that the DV modifier is out the door, too.

Guest Crimson Spider
Oh yeah... that's right... I forgot something

Since the DV's are 0-31, it is now one off of you stat for each point under the max DV.

E.I. If my shedninja has a personality raising his attack, 255 effort value, and his attack power is 304, then his dv is 29.

• 2 weeks later...
What people don't seem to consider when training their Pokes is their Natures. Nature effects their stats, at least most do.

So, for example, if a Graveler's nature is Jolly, then the Graveler will get faster as it grows (its Speed will develop faster than the others, but I forgot which other develops slower, resulting in a Graveler that has good Speed :D). I think that's great! However, in contrast, another stat will develop slower than the others, and at the same time another stat will grow faster than the others, too. If you don't want a Poke's stats changing because their nature, then get one with a nature that doesn't effect its stats, such as Bashful, Docile, or Hardy. I call those neutral natures.

The other weekend I just realized this, although I knew all along what they did, but I think about it until then. :cross: God, i feel stupid! I wasted all that money on the TMs I taught my Wigglytuff. And because of its nature, which is Gentle (+Special Defense/-Defense), I'm screwed over. But, if I train a Wigglytuff with a Bold nature, then his Defense (which is normally low) will rise faster, and his Attack will rise slower...resulting in a high Defense Wigglytuff with low Attack power.

Depending on the moveset you gave your Pokemon, its Nature can be very very useful when raising Pokes for battles. The reason I'M raising a Bold Jigglypuff is because its moveset consists of only Special attacks (Flamethrower, Psychic, Reflect and Fake Tears) and it has good Sp.Attack power to make up for its Attack. So, it works out for the moveset. He needs good Defense, though so I can replace Reflect with something else...and if he had high Attack power anyway, it wouldn't work with its moveset, now wouldn't it? :smirk:

It's great, I think! No one would expect a fast Golem or Torkoal. :demon: Or a Regi with trashy defenses...or couldn't attack worth squat. I think Natures are a great addition (and Abilities) to the new Pokemon games. It makes training them more interesting. It's better than berry-picking! And besides, who in their right mind would wanna waste time blending berries with their friends anyways? I say FIGHT! :cool: