Pok

Kristoff119

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't anyone else get it yet? No one has said anything heh.

I'm having fun with it. I've played maybe 2 hours now. I have my Torchic to level 15 and I recently evolved my Silicoon into a Beautifly, who is simply great. Fun stuff.

[color=teal]ARGH! *Impatient English boy* This sounds really fun. What are you member's favourite Pokemon so far? I need to get my hands on this, I hate stupid England and I envy people in the States for getting everything so much quicker!
I'm inputting questions in this thread instead of making a pointless new thread I may as well enter my queries in here. What are the bad points about Ruby/Sapphire and what are the good points in someones opinion? (preferably someone who has played or got one of the games). :box:[/color]

Well... I've only played Blue previous to this. So a lot of the differences I might point out, might have been in G/S/C.

Anyway, I'm having a really good time with it.

The bad points...? I guess that really it just isn't much different story wise. It's still you randomly leaving home to collect badges. Characters in town have basically nothing of real interest to say to you, other than what Pokemon can do what. So much has been added to the Pokemon personality and customization, but nothing has been done story or character wise. They really should work on that I think.

The graphics are good. They aren't amazing, but they are far better than screenshots led me to believe. There are a lot of nice little animation details in the world maps... Your character is reflected in bodies of water, puddles splash and ripple if you run through them, you leave footprints in sand. Sure, that's nothing super impressive, but all the little details add up and make the graphics a lot more interesting than they could have been.

The fights are still mostly animated the same. The Pokemon mostly just sit there and shake or whatever else when they attack. They do look far better than they did on Blue though, especially the closeups.

There are now two on two fights... I've only done like one of them, but they are set up pretty well and seem like they could be a lot of fun, especially 2 player. There are apparently 4 player fights (one Pokemon for each person) later on.

That's about all that comes to mind offhand.

I thought the European countries get it in like two weeks from now? Not so bad heh.

[color=indigo]Well that sounds pretty damn good, but unfortunately I will be waiting a few months yet before it gets released over here. I mean Zelda: A Link To The Past is only just coming out on the 28th of March.

I don't really have a clue about any of the Pokemon. Are there any which you can only get one of, like legendary Pokemon? Are the any new types of Pokemon? Because I know there was like Steel and Darkness types on G/S/C.[/color]

[color=royalblue]I don't believe there are any more new types in Ru/Sp, but the new Legendary Pokémon are Latios and Latias, from what I gather. The only thing they did type-wise was add more to the types that were lacking like Dragons and Dark-types, I believe, but I haven't invested in a copy yet, so I'm just taking a somewhat educated stab in the dark, lol.[/color]

I got the game the day it came out in Canada (same as U.S.). It's great, much better than the older versions. I'm haveing alot of fun with it ^^

Ehehehe.... I spent alot of my free time on it... I've already captured Gourudon (the Legendary on the Ruby cover) and am just heading into Victory Road. All my pokemon are evolved (I think, not sure:P) 'cept my Laion. Er, I think that's what she's called. She evolv's from the little steel rock creature named Aron. My Slugma hasn't evolved either...

[size=1]I've got no life...[/size]

I love it^^ But I have ta put it down for a while. Got a history debate comeing up and I need to practice.

A friend lent me Ruby for a few days last week but sadly I had to give it back today. : ( Overall, I was impressed. As probably most ppl here, I've been playing the red/blue versions and i was happy to see it wasnt boring at all. While they recycle "the gotta catch em all" theme, they've put so much new stuff into the series like adding the 2-on-2 battles and my personal opinion was they made it a bit harder. It might've just been me, but I was using a lot more strategy than I thought i would on the 3rd gym. Any1 know if you can go back to johto and kanto and battle all the gyms there and battle Red? I was still in Hoenn while I was playing. That would be pretty cool but I don't think cartridge has enough room for all 3 regions but who knows.
Overall, Pokemon still rules the Gameboy in my opinion and I look forward to buying this game soon since Target and other places are selling it @ a cheap price of $24.99 and most places I've been to still have an abundance of the game. Don't listen to your anti-pokemon friends who haven't even played the new game. It's a great game regardless how old you are.

Guest The Bouncer
Yea a few friends bomb on me for still playing wit pokemon. not that im a really big fan of pokemon( anymore) but i like a good RPG and all of the pokemon games are good RPGs. I cought all 150 pokemon im my blue version. YEA . But i have sappire version and it took me about an hour to beat the first gym. it takes much more stragety than the previous versions

Guest The Mage Prince
Does anyone out there know when Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire will be out fo sale in austraila? I would like to know. If there is a site that could help me that to would be grand.

[color=indigo]Merged this with the main R/S thread. Any and all talk about R/S should be posted in this thread. Thanks. :) - Desbreko[/color]

I don't really know the monster differences between the two. The guide doesn't really say, and I'm not super into Pokemon to know where to look.

Ruby seems to be selling twice as fast as Sapphire for some reason... If that even affects your decision. I got Sapphire because that's all that was left lol.

I like ruby and basically chose ruby cause I like fire related pokemon (and anything else). I would've picked sapphire cause I like the name better but I chose ruby cause I liked the coloring and the little bit about fire better. That's the reason why I chose Red (Charizard is my fav pokemon if ya'all didn't know that already) the first time. Cause it has a dragon and I've got a big attachment to those fire-breathing creatures.

I don't know the pokemon differences either. 'Cept I think I read somewere that you can only catch one of the legendary birds in each one... But I'm not sure.

You should pick it according to your own preferences.

I was going to chosoe Ruby, but for some reason I'm strugglign in my decision.

Mainly 'cause of Groudon and Kyogre.
Is there a better one? I've heard people say Kyogre dominates, and that Groudon really isn't all that.
I personally want Groudon, but I'm not sure if I want it now, seeing as how people say he's nothing special.

And another question:
Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Reaons for my indecisive-ness:
Treecko: Looks cool, but really hard game if you chose him. I'm prolly not gonna choose this one.

Mudkip: Looks okay, isn't too weak, but I don't see any of those super-water moves. I'm going to loook into this somemore.

Torchic: Hard first gym battle, but a good amount of domination for the rest of the game. The only problem is that his evolutions aren't very appealing. *Thinks they're ugly*

I'm prolly narrowing my choices between Torchic and Mudkip.
Any advice?

Guest The Mage Prince
I'm going to get Sapphire because i like water types! My party on my cystal is all water! WATER POKEMON ROCK!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]I was going to chosoe Ruby, but for some reason I'm strugglign in my decision.

Mainly 'cause of Groudon and Kyogre.
Is there a better one? I've heard people say Kyogre dominates, and that Groudon really isn't all that.
I personally want Groudon, but I'm not sure if I want it now, seeing as how people say he's nothing special.

And another question:
Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Reaons for my indecisive-ness:
Treecko: Looks cool, but really hard game if you chose him. I'm prolly not gonna choose this one.

Mudkip: Looks okay, isn't too weak, but I don't see any of those super-water moves. I'm going to loook into this somemore.

Torchic: Hard first gym battle, but a good amount of domination for the rest of the game. The only problem is that his evolutions aren't very appealing. *Thinks they're ugly*

I'm prolly narrowing my choices between Torchic and Mudkip.
Any advice? [/B][/QUOTE]

Torchic is the strongest starter(except it will have trouble with the first gym leader(rock)) and Groudon is the stronger between the two...

Guest The Bouncer
groundon is not stronger tha Kyroge. Groundon if groun kyroge is water/ice i think. and in Saphire you geta latias and in ruby you get latios. so you might wanna make your decision on which game you want becaus of latias and latios

Right now I'm on the 7th gym leader. Here's all the legendary pokemon you can find on R/S.

[spoiler]
The new trio of legendarys: Regi-ice,Regi-steel,Regi-rock
Latios(ruby) , Latias(Sapphire)
Groudon (Ruby), Kyogre ( Sapphire)
Rayquaza (both of the version, sidenote: VERY VERY POWERFUL!!!)
[/spoiler]

The legendarys seems good enough. The new trio of legendarys are very hard to get in the process, but it pays off. Celebi is replaced with Rayquaza, the ultimate legendary pokemon of all.

If you want to know how to get them, PM me.

Summary: It's a really good game. The graphics, attack animation, and a few others has really improved. I reccommend it to all the Pokemon fans out there.

2-on-2 battle: It's really cool alright, but it seems that some of the attacks could damage your pokemon and both of your opponents. A good example is SelfDestruct. It practicly destroys every pokemon on the field, but it still a good option.

Latias and Latios aren't really my choice. I can't tell the difference. ^__^

Also along the Kyogre and Groudon thing, I don't mean which is stronger over the other. I mean, how well they do against Pokémon in general.
I'll prolly end up buying both eventually. Oo

Also for the thing about Torchic. I've made my decision, and I'm going to choose him. But just one question:

He's not the only Pokémon I can use in the battle right? I mean I'll be able to catch other Pokémon right? If so, are any of them particularly good to use?

[b]This is for the first gym only![/b]
I'll figure out the rest. ~_^

Guest The Bouncer
win gull is a big help in the firs gym . trust me i started wit torchic and it took me a long time to beat her . until i got Wingull that is. but ralts is another good choice

Lots of them are excesive. But there just isn't enough balence between the types.
Some are completely pointless and really have no purpose. I think one of them is like Dunsparce from G/S/C. I forget what it's called.
And balance is whack. Only four Electric type? And it seems like only three since those Mini-Pikachu's are identical. *Needs more Electric types*