Pok

Kristoff119

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]Hmm, I've haven't actually played R/S yet, so I can't tell you about them specifically, but for the trading problem, I have a few suggestions. First, make sure that you're not trying to trade between R/S and an older version of Pokémon, because you can't trade between them. Second, make sure that the game link cable is firmly and securely plugged into the two GBAs' EXT. ports, and also make sure that there's no dust in the ports or on the cable plugs. Next, if you're not using an official Nintendo GBA Game Link Cable, try using one instead of a third party cable. If it still doesn't work after all that, I'd say there's probably something messed up with either your game, his/her game, or the game link cable.[/color]

[color=red] I have only mooched off my brother and played it for about an hour.

It's much too much of the same old same old. When I played this, it felt like a moldy piece of bread that's trying to force me to eat it. There's too much old, crumply, distasteful nostalgia. Too stale.

The new pokemon are just carbon copies of the old ones. The new region is just a carbon copy of the old two from past versions. Everything is a carbon copy of everything else. Sure, there's little new quirks here and there, but seriously, Nintendo needs to totally revamp this game the next time they decide to make it. It's really really getting stale.

The better graphics are nice. The entire game still is a joy to play. But it just feels like I've played this game over and over again before. This tiring, holding feeling that makes me just want to go back and play Gold again instead.

So, mainly, I'm happy with what Nintendo has given. But next time I'm not going to be so nice. It's starting to get too stale.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaRk [/i]
[B]Are nintendo going to make a pokemon statium for gamecube so i can play my pokemon ruby on there? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]They most likely will. Check out [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19379]this thread[/url] for more talk of a GCN Pokémon game. Personally, though, I'd rather have a full, 3D RPG than just another stadium game.[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
Yo?ll remember stat exp. right? I?ll refresh your memory. :lecture: Statistic experience is the adding of the base stats of all the pokemon you?ve fought to add a bonus to the stat. This is why people hated rare candies, because they didn?t offer stat exp. When a person stupidly raises a pokemon with nothing but rare candies, their stats are so horribly low that they would often toss the pokemon, 63 points to be exact. I?ll bore you with the details later. The thing is that that is out the door! No more stat exp! Only something a lot more complicated called effort values. These are certian values (a one, two, or three, depending on the pokemon) that add up like stat exp. There can be a total of 255 for any one stat. HOWEVER, you CANNOT have more than a total of 510 of all these stats.

The stat calculation formula for the new games is:

Stat = (( BaseStat X 2 + deter value + effort value/4 ) X Level/100 + 5 ) X Personality.

This works for every stat except Hit points.
(I would like to thank Ken J. Egervari for the formula)

So if you battle using a pokemon with almost no special attacks, and you fight a bunch of pokes that have high sp. at., thats a lot of wasted effort points (the programmers had to screw everything up, didn?t they?)

I?m still trying to find a list of the effort points offered thats in english. Let me know if you find one.

Alrighty! I've heard bits and pieces in the air about unobtainable Pokemon in R/S, so what's the deal? Is this just a buncha GameShark crap? :confused:

Or is Nintendo planning on doing something retarded again...like make it to where you have to get the Pokemon in a "official" way such as going to stupid contest or convention?

Fact or rumor, I don't care. GameShark or not, I'd love to see the "lost" Pokemon on GBA! :rotflmao:

[color=indigo]Merged this with the main R/S thread. If you have any questions about R/S, please post them in this thread instead of making a new thread. Thanks. - Desbreko[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
If you insist.
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Nidoran(F), Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran(M), Nidorino, Nidoking, Clefairy, Clefable, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Digglet, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Bellsprout, Weeepinbell, Victreebell, Ponyta, Rapidash, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Farfetch'D, Seel, Dewgong, Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Onix, Drowzee, Hypno, Krabby, Kingler, Exeggute, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak , Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Kangashkan, Mr Mime, Scyther, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Tauros, Lapras,Ditto, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typlhosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Cleffa, Togepi, Togetic, Mareep, Flaffy, Ampharos, Sodowoodo, Politoed, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Murkrow, Slowking, Misdreavous, Unown, Pineco, Foretress, Dunsparce, Gligar, Steelix, Snubull, Granbull, Quilfish, Scizor, Shuckle, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Swinub, Pilloswine, Remoraid, Octillerry, Delibird, Mantine, Houndour, Houndoom, Porygon 2, Stantler, Smeargle, Tyrouge, Hitmontop, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Milktank, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi

Don't forget Deoxys and Jirachi (the new mew and celebi). That's a toal of 186.

With the gameshark, you can get them all. That's if you know the codes.

I think that it's awfully strange that they put up an excrept for when you catch illegal pokemon, but it is nowhere in the pokedex.

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zanarkand Abes [/i]
[B]What are you talking about Crimson Spider? I never heard of effort points. What does it heighten? [/B][/QUOTE]

:grumble:Your stats! I am saying in a round about way that they calculate stats differently. Stat exp and effort points are what make people think rare candies are bad. READ the post!

Guest The Bouncer
Wheer can you find the High Beauty so i can a get a Milotic.. I ve been lookin forever.. can someone please help me

Guest Crimson Spider
If you put an Oran or Chesto berry in the blender at Verdanturf town, it should give you a blue(beauty) pokeblock. At other contest halls, oran, bluk, chesto, kelpsy, and wiki berries should give you a blue pokeblock. If feebas is mild, modest, quiet, or rash, it will like the pokeblock more and raise his beauty faster. However, if he is adament, careful, impish, or jolly, you will have a hard time maxing out his beauty because he'll hate the pokeblock. If his beauty won't raise any higher, breed him or catch a new one.

Well, right now in my game I have to fight Groudon. The only problem is I can't catch him...*mumbles*
I need a Pokémon that can make him go to sleep,be paralyzed, or frozen.
But I don't have one, unfortunatly. Gardevoir learns Hypnosis at 51, but right now all I have is a Lv. 26 Kirlia. (I stopped training after awhile)
My Manectric is useless, unless its Static abilities works. Which it hasn't, and probably won't.
I neeed a Shroomish. Btu they're so darn hard to find, and then i have to level it up and capture, etc.
Or I could get an ice move with a big chance of freezing. But I know where I am this is practically impossible.

Those are my options. Not that I'm particularly happy about any of them. If only there was an easy way to level up. Perhaps I could get to Victory Road early and train there...

You might want to consider the "yawn" attack, learned by some Pokemon such as Slakoth, Gulpin, and Relicanth. If not, Lunatone learns Hypnosis at level 19 and Spinda learns it at level 23.

As for paralysis, try capturing a female Wurmple and evolve it to Beautifly. Then it'll learn Stun Spore at level 17.

These Pokemon are relatively easy to train up until they learn the desired attack, but I don't think they can withstand Groudon's attack power. Try attaching Quick Claw (if that still exists in Ru/Sa) and hoe for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, typo. That's [i]hope[/i] for the best. Anyway, Spheal has a lot of freeze-causing attacks, so consider that, too..

[color=indigo]Combined the double post. If you want to add or correct something, you can just use the "Edit" button down in the right hand corner of your posts. Thanks. :) - Desbreko[/color]

*sweatdrop* I think that was thought up 2 years ago in GSC... if that's your best strategy...

Anyway, what I'm really looking forward to is 2vs2 strategies. The most obvious are attacks like "Helping Hand" and pkmn abilities like "plus", "minus", and "lightning rod", but has anyone developed anything else beyond that? Ru/Sa seriously wrecks my shuffler strategy from GSC.

Guest Crimson Spider
The best overall strategy is to analyze you opponents field, find the pokemon that would be the deadliest, and concentrate fire on it.

Since certain pokemon become healed when they are hit with a water or electric attack, you can just target your friend to heal them. Then their is the flash flare ability where you can hit your friend with a fire attack to make them more powerful. With the guts ability, you can induce your friend with paralyses (an example) or sleep, then your partner can agility up or use sleep talk to attack the opponent. The Synchronise ability makes it so if you badly poison you partner (as in toxic), the opponent will be poisend to. Then if you can heal your partner of this burdan of a status condition with heal bell or aroma theropy, you have two badly poisoned opponents.

There is always the follow me and focus punch combo. Follow me will insure that focus punch will hit. The techniques surf, rock slide, tail whip, hypervoice, and a few others hit both opponents. Beware using earthquake though, as it hits every pokemon, even your partner. I believe explosion hits everyone on the screen, but I'm not sure. Sunny beamers and thuder dancers are a lot easier to execute. The techniques water sport and mud sport can be used to protect against a partners weakness.

I personally have a strategy with Ninjask and Sanslash where I use Ninjask to sworddance up and speed up while my partner who is not Sandslash gets slaughtered. When the time is right, I baton pass to Sandslash, and bring Ninjask back out in about the same turn. Then the two together sweep the opponents entire team in the next 3 to 4 turns using earthquake and rockslide. Ninjask will finish off an opponent that Sandslash does not. If your battling me and I get Sanslash and Ninjask out this way, your chances of winning are impossible. So prevention is the key, as with mud and water sport.

Ok, In need of assistance.

1. Ok, Im tryin to breed my Sceptile so my friend can have a Treecko. Which pokemon can I breed it with? In fact, could someone give me a list of what pokemon can be bred?

2. *mods, if this is not allowed, delete this next question*Ok, now I'm a little ticked off at the fact that many pokemon are missing from the game, but I know there's a gameshark code around, but its not on the GS.com website. What is the code?

just some questions from a ruby player...

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xra [/i]
[B]Ok, In need of assistance.

1. Ok, Im tryin to breed my Sceptile so my friend can have a Treecko. Which pokemon can I breed it with? In fact, could someone give me a list of what pokemon can be bred?

2. *mods, if this is not allowed, delete this next question*Ok, now I'm a little ticked off at the fact that many pokemon are missing from the game, but I know there's a gameshark code around, but its not on the GS.com website. What is the code?

just some questions from a ruby player... [/B][/QUOTE]

Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Mudkip, Marshstomp, Swampert, Tropius, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Aron, Lairon, Aggron
Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Magikarp, Gyrados, Feebas, Milotic, Swablu, Altaria, Seviper, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence

Sceptile is in the Monster and Dragon Group.

2. You have no Idea exactly what your asking of us! There is no just one code. Codes are written differently and there are completely different codes for each poke! So there is 186 codes your asking for! Not to mention that they don't work like in GSC and RBY. A "make any pokemon appear code" doesn't work always. It could take a LONG time for them to actually kick in!

However, If you have and SPECIFIC pokes that you want, I'll tell you their code.

Guest Crimson Spider
You remember sandstorm, right? Well, instead of inflicting 12.5% damage on an opponent (1/8). It now inflicts 7.25% (1/16) damage. They've halved the usefulness of sandstorm and hail.

On a second note, I'm probably the lucky fist to catch the PokéRus virus in Ru/Sa without using a gameshark (I don't even want the blasted thing, let alone shark it.)

In G/S/C, it raised the Stat exp. of HP, attack, and the special atk and def to max.. But since there is no more stat exp, its effect has change. It didn't raise the effort value of any of my stats one bit. I was just wondering if anyone knows what it does.

Another strange thing that is happening is that a swellow in my team that has the virus has mysteriously been leveling up, and I haven't been using it! (He's the only poke I got that ain't 100 yet) PokéRus, side effect of gameshark, who knows?

Guest dragons_pet999
anyone know how to get the HM for fly in pokemon ruby?

[color=indigo]Merged this with the main R/S thread. - Desbreko[/color]

you have to beat your rival for the 2nd time

edited

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe it was the third time. I dont remeber.
If I was you I would try searching "pokemon ruby/Saphire guide" on a search engine. these are some search engines that might help you,
Google.com Mamma.com Yahoo.com

..there are alot more to.